Tendeep

Gear Gap and ESP/Wall Hacks

Tendeep

I am going to try to keep this short, but I feel I just need to make a statement so hopefully others see it and can chime in.

1)  Have started to feel that the gear gap in EFT is becoming worse/very punishing to time limited casuals.  Feel that even if you get the jump on players, strong armor against average or cost saving ammo is saving players.  Also feel that not having a lot of time to play and level up, I am geared for raids doomed from the start.  Low to medium amount of money, and locked behind trader gear (at lvl 19) I am getting steam rolled by high gear/high level players.  Skill aside here.  Armor feels to forgiving, ammo feels to weak, and the traders and quests I feel are in a bad place.

2)  The flea-market I feel just needs to go or become barter only.  The place is a zoo, a dirt pit of mostly greed, inflation, and bots buying up all reasonable deals.

3)  Beat the dead horse.  Cheats.  Glad to see BattleEye, but sad to see there is nothing in place detecting and kicking cheaters immediately.  Still see a lot of ESP/Wall Hacks/Aimbot and still see the same names in multiple raids.  Ban waves, cool I guess, but these cheaters face roll tons of raids before they are banned.  I feel something else may need to be done...

Thanks for the read,

• Like 1

MrSmellybeard

On the topic of the first one, I came across a video the other day about some good, affordable kits you can use. One of which recommended the hunter rifle. It's cheapest ammo, the m80, is apparently effective against level 6 body armor, and the rifle itself is semi-auto.

It's not the best loadout or anything, but it's a pretty good option to go against higher geared PMCs when you're a new player. It does dictate the kinds of maps you can play though... works great for longer range maps but maybe not the best idea to take into factory. I assume, anyway... I haven't learned that one yet :D

• Upvote 1

kaokane
16 minutes ago, MrSmellybeard said:

On the topic of the first one, I came across a video the other day about some good, affordable kits you can use. One of which recommended the hunter rifle. It's cheapest ammo, the m80, is apparently effective against level 6 body armor, and the rifle itself is semi-auto.

It's not the best loadout or anything, but it's a pretty good option to go against higher geared PMCs when you're a new player. It does dictate the kinds of maps you can play though... works great for longer range maps but maybe not the best idea to take into factory. I assume, anyway... I haven't learned that one yet :D

pretty much wat i run if am not doing nighttime factory farm runs is hunter rifle with pso scope i dont do armor or helms its pointless at this time right now anyone over lvl 30 running bs/bp/sbn/m61  

but when i do go full kit am rocking p90 gen 4  shooting ss193 ammo  at lvl 47 

ill have to admit i usally 2 or 3 shot pop ppl in armor below gen 4

with the p90 its deadly 

Tempest86

I'm doing the Mosin quest line with 7N1 ammo, and I noticed PMCs wearing class 3/4 Armor drop rather fast.

Only class 5/6 Armor seem to matter and they are rather expensive. 

Yeavo
12 hours ago, Tendeep said:

1)  Have started to feel that the gear gap in EFT is becoming worse/very punishing to time limited casuals.  Feel that even if you get the jump on players, strong armor against average or cost saving ammo is saving players.  Also feel that not having a lot of time to play and level up, I am geared for raids doomed from the start.  Low to medium amount of money, and locked behind trader gear (at lvl 19) I am getting steam rolled by high gear/high level players.  Skill aside here.  Armor feels to forgiving, ammo feels to weak, and the traders and quests I feel are in a bad place.

The gear gap is real and intentional. If you'd have good ammo from the start that would negate armors and nobody would use them. If you could get good armor from the start then armor wouldn't be anything special. BSG wants you to fight to get to the top but the gear makes it less about the skill and more about the grind, which is also partly the reason why people try to find alternatives to grinding the quests I.e. Hatchling running.

2)  The flea-market I feel just needs to go or become barter only.  The place is a zoo, a dirt pit of mostly greed, inflation, and bots buying up all reasonable deals.

Barter only fleamarket would only manage to create alternative currencies. People will always find ways to do trade and to streamline trade relations. You get rid of cash in flea the vendors will then start exchanging items for other valuables. Now if you need those valuables to do a quest, well too bad you're not getting it, because the loot spawn is littered with hatchling corpses farming that particular valuable to use it as trading commodity.

Ban waves, cool I guess, but these cheaters face roll tons of raids before they are banned.  I feel something else may need to be done...

Ban waves make sense from developers point of view but rarely from players point of view. Ban waves work by making the cheaters and cheat creators feel safe and complacent. This allows to the devs and AC people (BE) to study how the cheat is done and use that information to find more cheats and cheaters. Once enough information is gathered you hit the cheaters with a ban wave and force the cheat creators to return back to drawing table. If you can hit multiple different exploits at the same time you can potentially gain even more "cheater free" time for your legit players because cheat creators are left scratching their heads at what exactly got their cheats caught.

If you just ban cheaters immediately when they are caught using a new cheat the cheats creator is constantly aware of your AC capabilities and working to bypass them. Its a constant battle. And thus it comes down to a choice developers have to make: Either spend time constantly fighting cheaters or hit them in waves and win some time to actually try to spend in order to try and make the game in to a passable product.

• Upvote 2

Tendeep
19 hours ago, kaokane said:

pretty much wat i run if am not doing nighttime factory farm runs is hunter rifle with pso scope i dont do armor or helms its pointless at this time right now anyone over lvl 30 running bs/bp/sbn/m61  

but when i do go full kit am rocking p90 gen 4  shooting ss193 ammo  at lvl 47 

ill have to admit i usally 2 or 3 shot pop ppl in armor below gen 4

with the p90 its deadly 

Yeah, have ran into lots of players similar to you (with the P90) build and just get faced lol.

As Yeavo put it, there is a bit of a grind for leveling the traders, and working your way up to get the gear that gives you that run and gun, face tank and demolish anything meta.  I just think it is the wrong kind of grind, it is slow, tedious, not fun and it off putting.

Quests are horrible and slow.  A rework would be very welcomed at this point.

Mr. Beard, thanks for the tip on the Hunter with M80, will give it a go and see if some of these thick boys/girls drop a bit quicker.

kaokane
3 minutes ago, Tendeep said:

Yeah, have ran into lots of players similar to you (with the P90) build and just get faced lol.

As Yeavo put it, there is a bit of a grind for leveling the traders, and working your way up to get the gear that gives you that run and gun, face tank and demolish anything meta.  I just think it is the wrong kind of grind, it is slow, tedious, not fun and it off putting.

Quests are horrible and slow.  A rework would be very welcomed at this point.

Mr. Beard, thanks for the tip on the Hunter with M80, will give it a go and see if some of these thick boys/girls drop a bit quicker.

i agree on the quests need rework baadly  they should make it lvl 30 unlocks all traders put best ammo and guns behind  rework quests

or lower the amount of items and kills needed to finish quest cause at the moment quest dont feel rewarding at all just a grind i havent even lvl up ragman or jeager at all am lvl 47  there quests are just dumb too time consuming to do fleamarket help with not having to do there quest too  i can buy everything they sell not have to worrie about getting 10 headshots with mosin from 100 meter bs  or 10 shotgun head shots crap

Shryke

I learned quite some time ago that expensive, armor piercing ammo - or very large caliber sniper ammo - is the *only* way to play this game.  Anything under BT/BP is a waste of money.

Niewiarygodny
13 hours ago, Tempest86 said:

I'm doing the Mosin quest line with 7N1 ammo, and I noticed PMCs wearing class 3/4 Armor drop rather fast.

Becuase 7n can 1 tap armors up to lvl 5 (including lvl 5, but not always)

20 hours ago, kaokane said:

sbn

ofc u meant SNB and i barely saw any players using SNB.
Why? Because it does not deal 80 dmg, (thorax has 80 hp) and u can 1 shoot through thorax ONLY if fragmentation happens which has 10%.

To explain it more. 
7n will always 1 shoot naked guy in thorax, 7n will have chance to 1 shoot enemies up to lvl 5 armor.
SNB has only 10% chance to 1 shoot through thorax, if enemy is wearing armor 5 or lower.

Thats why 7n is much superior round than SNB. Especiallu in sniper rifles. 

23 hours ago, Tendeep said:

and locked behind trader gear

i know that it;s not what u wanna hear but thats reality so.
Use flea  market to buy items/ammo.

ammo feels to weak

Buy better ammo. Keep in mind that in EFT "weapons" does not deal ANY dmg, Ammo deals dmg. 
If you have 200k weapon but using crap ammo -> u wont kill geared player.
If you have 20-40k weapon but using good ammo -> you always have chance to kill enemy

2)  The flea-market

If i am correct flea market in future will be blocked behind somekind of quest.

Still see a lot of ESP/Wall Hacks/Aimbot and still see the same names in multiple raids.

Record them and add such proofs in correct thread on forum.
Sadly (not saying about you) ppl often call "hackers" ppl who actually does not have anything, why? "Because they died out of nowhere" and ppl forget that something as "thermal scopes" exists in EFT. That enemy could hear such players before or saw, or anything else :).

Ban waves, cool I guess

There are no "ban waves" for some time, dunno a year or half of the year.
4c7e9f5f55b266dc24cd0cff7ef5c0dc.png
THe "lists of banned cheaters" was just a list, not a ban wave (ofc depends which one, cause ye, in the past they did ban waves).

Hopefully my answer cleared at least a little bit :). 

• Upvote 1

Jacksmurkreveng

I got killed earlier on shoreline and I did not even see the guy. Even when he peaked the door I did not see him.  I got hit in the torso and went in a room and waited watching the angle of the door I got shot in the head and did not even see him peak the door. Had gear of someone else that actually played the game legit so  I was not really worried about losing the gear nor am I ever its just a game. If cheaters want to waste money on accounts that get banned later I don't care its not putting a dent in my pocket. Its putting a dent in theirs. Now he may have been ping abusing as well who knows my internet connection is 300 down and 20 upload speed. He was probably connecting from some place with a 200 ping plus using a monkey script also. Who cares its just a game. 

V3NCHEl2

im not gonna read every comment in this thread, so if it was mentioned im sorry.....

But ESP/wall hacks i have not dealt with and i have been playing since jan 2018.  The only thing I DO know hapopens is lots of cover elements do not render at certain distances.  so you might think you cant be seen thru that window that has wood planking covering it up....but at 75m i dont see that and i headshot you, wallbanging you thru the cover element.  there is also an issue with using a scope while near certain objects, especially on Reserve, where you scope in say, in a room at the Dome with a good view over Pawn roofs, and suddenly pawn walls dont exist and you can see everyone and everything thru the walls.

not everything that happens is from a cheat, sometimes the game is just broke as duck.