Sign in to follow this  
Shaktimaan

New Item suggestion : Trigger Kits

Shaktimaan

The title says it all I guess 😃

The basic implementation of trigger kits can be used to enhance the ergonomics, accuracy (because of flinching) and possibly increase the semi-auto fire rate of a few weapons.

The more advanced implementation would be accidental discharges while performing a sudden movement or things like that.

Right now in EFT, there isn't any sort of a trigger discipline mechanism added in the game. The PMC is always in the "action" mode and the PMC's constantly have their trigger finger on the ready. Now I have no idea on how to implement the said feature, and I honestly don't think that it matters that much in a video game, but it would be cool to see it regardless.

This would actually force people with hair triggers to put their weapon on safe while running or whatever. Another thing is that while running, the PMC can automatically place their finger in a discharge safe position which will increase their trigger pull time. 

Feel free to add any more suggestions/additions to this topic as I know there is plenty more that could be added over here. Also, if there is some sort of misinformation in this post, I will be happy to edit it.

Yukari_Akiyama
3 minutes ago, Shaktimaan said:

PMCs constantly have their trigger finger on the ready

I know in the west and east asia we always practice keeping your finger out of the trigger guard unless you are ready to fire, but Russians, and other Eastern Europeans have a different technique where they keep their finger in the trigger guard, finger not resting on the trigger. Not sure about the logic about it, but I I found it interesting when I assumed all the stock images of Russians handling guns were practicng terrible TD and was informed about their alternative practices by a coworker who worked with Ukranians and other former warsaw pact soldiers in Iraq. It would be interesting if they coded UNFOR and USEC to have different mannerisms than BEARs and Scavs.  

• Like 1

Shaktimaan

@Yukari_Akiyama

It might be because the triggers on their weapon systems requires more pressure.

Though I agree, it can be further integrated with the BEAR and USEC weapon system skills which are unreleased.

kebman

When I first read "trigger kit" I thought about mines or bomb-laying. Really got me triggered........

p4nnus
On 12/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, Shaktimaan said:

and I honestly don't think that it matters that much in a video game

No disrespect, but I think you summed it up pretty well yourself. It would be realistic, it would be tacticool (except for misfires, that would be unnecessary RNG to give out your position, a very, very bad idea eventho realistic one) but its not needed. IMO its just too much.

In order to have this we would also need to have different weapon stances, like lowered n ready etc. I dont know actually, if BSG has stated anything about this, but in order to have trigger control we should be able to lower the weapon as well. I feel like that is a much bigger priority too. Doesnt change the fact that what you suggest doesnt matter and is not needed, tho.

All of this is so in detail and extra variables with RNG as well, I dont like it. If you think about it, we have the game handle most of the recoil for us ATM, which is ridiculous! If we keep having that, it indicates that the PMC operator we "operate" is also doing things according to its skills, for US, the players. Automatically. That would mean that this should be changed so that every mechanic is handled by the player first, like recoil control. Im all for that BTW. 

kebman
On 12/13/2019 at 6:19 PM, Yukari_Akiyama said:

I know in the west and east asia we always practice keeping your finger out of the trigger guard unless you are ready to fire, but Russians, and other Eastern Europeans have a different technique where they keep their finger in the trigger guard, finger not resting on the trigger. Not sure about the logic about it, but I I found it interesting when I assumed all the stock images of Russians handling guns were practicng terrible TD and was informed about their alternative practices by a coworker who worked with Ukranians and other former warsaw pact soldiers in Iraq. It would be interesting if they coded UNFOR and USEC to have different mannerisms than BEARs and Scavs.  

This is very interesting, and a nice little detail to add to the game. Thank you! 

I rather like the idea of tuning the trigger for ergo in the game.