Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Xansar

Stutters

Recommended Posts

Xansar

I am really loving this game... I do. It is so great, but I am sometimes let down by the stutters that occur sometimes. Just now, I recieved a 3-5 second stutter at the utmost important scenario - meeting a one versus one head-on with a Scav. This happens sometimes too with a player.

I am sad to say that if these stutters are not fixed soon enough, I am going to leave EFT and I guess that many already has. The stutters are ruining the experience of this game. Why is this not a problem with a top priority to fix?

This game is great with it's utmost variety, but stutters that is not due to my computer or the connection has to be prevented. I can't stand it any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Tkullberg-
19 hours ago, Xansar said:

I am really loving this game... I do. It is so great, but I am sometimes let down by the stutters that occur sometimes. Just now, I recieved a 3-5 second stutter at the utmost important scenario - meeting a one versus one head-on with a Scav. This happens sometimes too with a player.

I am sad to say that if these stutters are not fixed soon enough, I am going to leave EFT and I guess that many already has. The stutters are ruining the experience of this game. Why is this not a problem with a top priority to fix?

This game is great with it's utmost variety, but stutters that is not due to my computer or the connection has to be prevented. I can't stand it any more.

Same thing happend to me right now in factory.. I see him,*stutter!! dead... :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem

Possible fixes:

* Make sure you don't run any software that may interfere with EFT simultaneously (such as Windows cache updates)

* Make sure you are running on at least 16GB of RAM

* Put EFT on an SSD drive, whenever possible

* Make sure to activate use of real cores in EFT-settings

* Make sure to enable memory-cleaning

* Run the game in fullscreen-mode whenever possible

* In-game, whenever you enter a raid, go into graphics settings, and hit save.

 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tempest86
1 hour ago, -Tkullberg- said:

Same thing happend to me right now in factory.. I see him,*stutter!! dead... :P

Happens to most of us, rarely when you see someone though.

Buy yeah, you see someone, stutter then dead.

Edited by Tempest86
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slackpanda

Don't hold your breath hoping the stutters go away, they have been in the game since the first day of release and have still to be fixed. Watch any stream, literally everyone has it happen, not always when you're in combat (unless you're unlucky) but often 2-3 times a raid if not more... anyone saying they get perfect smooth performance in Tarkov is telling pork pies.

Edited by slackpanda
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Tkullberg-
1 hour ago, slackpanda said:

Don't hold your breath hoping the stutters go away, they have been in the game since the first day of release and have still to be fixed. Watch any stream, literally everyone has it happen, not always when you're in combat (unless you're unlucky) but often 2-3 times a raid if not more... anyone saying they get perfect smooth performance in Tarkov is telling pork pies.

Yea, its seems to come more often for me atleast. (Dont have a problem with it) Its just annoying :P

I get smooth performance 99% of the time in a raid. But the stutter hit me on the toe sometimes hehe.

I do have a problem with lag in traders, when switching from buy to sell, it lags for a good 2 sec but atleast it not a game breaker for me :)

Its better to have some problem than huge gamebreaker.. so thumbs up for the devs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xansar

Sure, I am a bit salty and overreacting a bit perhaps.

But still.. imagine how beautiful the game would be if there were none stutters? If we could all just play and play without som noticeable problems. Perhaps that items dropped would dop through the ground would be something to whine about instead.

But here we are, we are all experiencing the stutters. We all will eventually die from it or profit from it in some raids... maybe in the past, maybe in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
equinoxady

Please devs, pls do not add new content just fix the game, performance, crushing, stuttering.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 gtx 1650 and i have lots of stuttering and low fps no matter what settings i use, Unplaylable. Unfortunately i can't play, do i need i9 9900k and gtx 2080 for 70-80 fps???. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tobiassolem
8 hours ago, equinoxady said:

Please devs, pls do not add new content just fix the game, performance, crushing, stuttering.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 gtx 1650 and i have lots of stuttering and low fps no matter what settings i use, Unplaylable. Unfortunately i can't play, do i need i9 9900k and gtx 2080 for 70-80 fps???. 

Here's the issue.

Think of building a game like painting. And optimization like doing finishing touches and small details.

Painters generally paint in broad strokes to create general shapes and approximate colors, and the further down the line things goes; the more they focus on details.

The issue with painting the details anywhere NOT at the end, the bigger chance there is of those details having to be painted over because the general shape has to be changed.

Thus, optimizing too much right now, where they might rewrite entire chunks of code that removes the current optimizations would lead to massive time sinks in a big project like EFT.

This is why NORMALLY the game has to be feature complete at the "beta stage" (ie. the general shapes are done). But this is not where EFT is. Tarkov is still missing a bunch of features, and has changed engine version twice in the project. Certain things need to be optimized (LOD's, graphical issues, etc. ) whereas others can't or shouldn't be until the game actually has reached a certain maturity (ie. being feature complete).

Stutters have many potential reasons, and "fixing them" right now might mean a lot of time being spent on fixing something that will be replaced further down the line anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2