Sign in to follow this  
Pillsbury

Karma System

Pillsbury

Any ideas when the karma system is coming? I think it would be a great thing to add to this game to a degree. Its been over a year so I dont know what the progress is and im assuming its been delayed to different priorities. 

Hamm

lol. who cares. its not going to stop people from killing people. Wont stop me anyways. ill take the punishment. 

Pretzel

Hopefully, not in too long. @Pillsbury You can see all the Upcoming features (Planned) here, by reading all the features that are missing to be added the game is going to be way different than it currently is.

Sir_Mossy
1 hour ago, Hamm said:

lol. who cares. its not going to stop people from killing people. Wont stop me anyways. ill take the punishment. 

That's probably the case with most people. It'd have to be a pretty hefty punishment to even phase people. I can't even imagine a punishment that would be fitting off the top of my head that wouldn't be too harsh or too lenient. 

Niewiarygodny
9 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

Any ideas when the karma system is coming?

Soon, but not so soon.
In 2020 most likely :D.

in +- march (most likely, if i heared correctly) we will have another wipe, changes to hideout etc (source podcast)
and i highly doubt it that it will actually appear it with that patcj

39 minutes ago, Sir_Mossy said:

I can't even imagine a punishment that would be fitting off the top of my head that wouldn't be too harsh or too lenient. 

1 hour ago, Hamm said:

its not going to stop people from killing people. Wont stop me anyways. ill take the punishment. 

- You wont be able to trade with traders
- You won't be able to use flea market
- There might be bounty for your head
- Raiders might hunt you down
(Thsoe are options mentioned during podcast)

ALso it's not like you won't be able to kill other players at all. On podcasts they mentioned "Spots" where killing is not allowed, you can still do that but you will be screwed. 

Sir_Mossy
15 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Soon, but not so soon.
In 2020 most likely :D.

in +- march (most likely, if i heared correctly) we will have another wipe, changes to hideout etc (source podcast)
and i highly doubt it that it will actually appear it with that patcj

- You wont be able to trade with traders
- You won't be able to use flea market
- There might be bounty for your head
- Raiders might hunt you down
(Thsoe are options mentioned during podcast)

ALso it's not like you won't be able to kill other players at all. On podcasts they mentioned "Spots" where killing is not allowed, you can still do that but you will be screwed. 

A lot of those punishments dont seem too bad given the way the player base is and how the intended final goal of the game is. I'm sure every streamer and their mother would love having raiders after them or a bounty that makes them more likely to get into combat. As for the trader/flea market restrictions, it all depends how the end setup of traders will be. If it ends up that their stock is nerfed considerably to promote a scavenge-type of gameplay, trader restrictions might not hurt so bad.

Niewiarygodny

@Sir_Mossy well about Raiders i didnt explain enough.
They mentioned that more like "if you kill PMC in those spots, you won't survive raiders which will appear to kill you"
And all thsoe things were more like as "ideas" since they didnt decide yet what they will do :).

Sir_Mossy
11 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

@Sir_Mossy well about Raiders i didnt explain enough.
They mentioned that more like "if you kill PMC in those spots, you won't survive raiders which will appear to kill you"
And all thsoe things were more like as "ideas" since they didnt decide yet what they will do :).

That's fair I suppose. I'm sure they're not entirely sure of all the details quite yet, but I hope that. if there is a karma system that has penalties, they are penalties that are actually a hindrance and not a "depends on the person" kind of punishment. Having raiders after you might be one person's dream and another's nightmare, whereas being locked out of a trader would be a punishment no matter who you are.