Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bluebutt

One-tapped with full gear. EVERY raid.

Recommended Posts

Bluebutt

I have been waiting on tarkov to fix its stuttering issues to be able to play, and 0.12 finally made it playable for me. But now I'm about to be waiting on a fix for the nonstop one-tap deaths every single raid. No matter what armor, visor, or gun/ammo the enemy is holding, I get one-tapped all the time. I would seriously enjoy some good gunfighting if I ever got the chance to shoot a single bullet back. I tried the armor/helmet re-equips to see if any armor bug is still ingame, as well as tried many different high end helmets and whatnot.

Its always 'HEAD, TOP-OF-THE-HEAD' every deathscreen, followed by a frustrating single first bullet instantly killing me in game. Just now I saw the damn tracer round hitting me below my field of view and it still is an instant death. No wonder people hatchet run. This isn't enjoyable, and despite my friends trying to keep my playing with them, I am more often just not in the mood for the the incoming frustrating of loading into a raid where I once again will be one-tapped. Seriously, what am I doing wrong guys? I just want to enjoy the game already. I watch these streamers and youtube vids where none of the instakills happen for some magical reason, and I wonder if its a different game they are playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Tkullberg-
18 hours ago, Bluebutt said:

I have been waiting on tarkov to fix its stuttering issues to be able to play, and 0.12 finally made it playable for me. But now I'm about to be waiting on a fix for the nonstop one-tap deaths every single raid. No matter what armor, visor, or gun/ammo the enemy is holding, I get one-tapped all the time. I would seriously enjoy some good gunfighting if I ever got the chance to shoot a single bullet back. I tried the armor/helmet re-equips to see if any armor bug is still ingame, as well as tried many different high end helmets and whatnot.

Its always 'HEAD, TOP-OF-THE-HEAD' every deathscreen, followed by a frustrating single first bullet instantly killing me in game. Just now I saw the damn tracer round hitting me below my field of view and it still is an instant death. No wonder people hatchet run. This isn't enjoyable, and despite my friends trying to keep my playing with them, I am more often just not in the mood for the the incoming frustrating of loading into a raid where I once again will be one-tapped. Seriously, what am I doing wrong guys? I just want to enjoy the game already. I watch these streamers and youtube vids where none of the instakills happen for some magical reason, and I wonder if its a different game they are playing. 

What helmet are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tempest86

That top of the head instant kill happens more often then we'd like, but I've done the same to random PMCs caught off guard. Its frustrating though, if your wearing class 4 helmets with face shields and above, you would expect to live atleast 1 shot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
padraigthesnipe

If you play with caution you wont get shot at all ive run through maps many times without a single shot being fired at me just me killing impatient players. I was playing factory with level 4 armour and a level 3 helmet with faceshield managed to kill almost all scavs and killed a geared player at close range who mag dumped at me with bad ammo.

 

Factory is risky bussiness go on shoreline and play sensibly your armour wont even get touched most of the time.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pinkparasite

I've had similar issues... it is very discouraging and doesn't feel right. I snuck up on a pmc looting. I was geared rather good 3ish and 4ish ....  I shot him FOUR times really close range with a shotgun( maybe 2m away) center torso before he turned around and then one shot me with an mp5.
Just doesn't feel right sometimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tempest86

I just got 1 tapped in thorax by a PMC, running around in dorms with only a shotgun. I was wearing class 4 armor/helmet with face shield. That shouldn't happen, even with AP-20 slug rounds. Anyways poo happens and we move on right. We just have to trust battleye is doing the job. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JammyJAY

I always go in low gear and always one tapping the fools with gen 4s and level 4 helmets, I had a simple Ak74u with bp bullets nothing else and managed to one tap a guy with Fast MT, bet he was not happy I also one tapped a guy with a TT who also had all the gear + fast MT, dont know why u guys bother, just a paca and AK for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tempest86
1 hour ago, JammyJAY said:

I always go in low gear and always one tapping the fools with gen 4s and level 4 helmets, I had a simple Ak74u with bp bullets nothing else and managed to one tap a guy with Fast MT, bet he was not happy I also one tapped a guy with a TT who also had all the gear + fast MT, dont know why u guys bother, just a paca and AK for me.

Yeah, I go in light sometimes for fun and extract with so much loot. 

But geared gun fights are fun too. 

The game wipes in couple months anyway, so I don't hoard too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crumbie98

Anytime you die, you just were at the wrong place at the wrong time...

Sometimes on Customs, I wont even see any players at dorms, and others I will see a group of 3 in the most random location on the map.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JammyJAY

yeah wipe in 3months with new map in 6months. Saw it on the Russian stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ginger831

my friend accidentally shot me in the thorax with ap-20, I had a 6b13 on. I was one tapped and lost all my gear. Armor literally is useless in this game. Ive been one tapped through GEN4 and Redut M more times than I can count, the only time ive ever been saved by helmets is through ricochets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoginTaken

Damage system is bad and undeveloped.

Additionally helmets don't block much. They only provide a chance to deflect a shot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sharo95

i heard you have to drop your armor gear, and than pick it up, i dunno if this is true, but worth a try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrSmellybeard

If you're getting 1-shot through class 5-6 yea, that's rough. It's pretty common through class 4... and sometimes it's just bad luck. I was running factory a lot today for my PMC in office quest. I've been going in with a visor because it kinda sucks to get domed with buckshot and lose all your stuff. Anyway, in one particular raid there was a player scav with a mosin in suicide stairwell. We saw each other at the same time but he shot first. My armor ate it so I pushed him hard hoping to down him before he could reload. From hugging distance with the remnants of a grenaded light between us and me gunning him down, he flicked and shot me in the face. My last glimpse of that life was the hole in my visor at around eye level. Probably the luckiest shot he made all day :)

On 12/16/2019 at 4:38 AM, Tempest86 said:

if your wearing class 4 helmets with face shields and above, you would expect to live atleast 1 shot

Check the ammo tables. A lot of ammo will go straight through class 4 and, if you want to wear a headset, that's your max armor class for a helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AssAssin3124

So me and my friend went to dorms in customs, I went in with a zsh-1-2m helmet with ballistic face shield and gen4 assault kit armour, as well as an M4A1 fully modded, and the essentials it came to about a million I was in for, and then bang, i get killed from across the road from 2nd story dorms so shooting at a uphill angle to me and i get killed in one shot by an assault rifle in the "head, top of the head" I would like to know in what universe what was probably 7.62x54 at max what penetrates that much effective thickness on my helmet for it to kill me in one shot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thormato
9 minutes ago, AssAssin3124 said:

So me and my friend went to dorms in customs, I went in with a zsh-1-2m helmet with ballistic face shield and gen4 assault kit armour, as well as an M4A1 fully modded, and the essentials it came to about a million I was in for, and then bang, i get killed from across the road from 2nd story dorms so shooting at a uphill angle to me and i get killed in one shot by an assault rifle in the "head, top of the head" I would like to know in what universe what was probably 7.62x54 at max what penetrates that much effective thickness on my helmet for it to kill me in one shot...

In our Universe, Planet Earth to be exact

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimm285
7 hours ago, AssAssin3124 said:

So me and my friend went to dorms in customs, I went in with a zsh-1-2m helmet with ballistic face shield and gen4 assault kit armour, as well as an M4A1 fully modded, and the essentials it came to about a million I was in for, and then bang, i get killed from across the road from 2nd story dorms so shooting at a uphill angle to me and i get killed in one shot by an assault rifle in the "head, top of the head" I would like to know in what universe what was probably 7.62x54 at max what penetrates that much effective thickness on my helmet for it to kill me in one shot...

im not sure what people dont understand about this but i will say it again:
Good ammo beats good armor EVERY time.
i usually run high tier armor and always a face mask but if someone has the drop on me none of that matters, might as well have a paca.  Ammo is very good in this game and armor is only good against crap ammo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AssAssin3124
On 3/2/2020 at 9:31 AM, Grimm285 said:

im not sure what people dont understand about this but i will say it again:
Good ammo beats good armor EVERY time.
i usually run high tier armor and always a face mask but if someone has the drop on me none of that matters, might as well have a paca.  Ammo is very good in this game and armor is only good against crap ammo 

Yeh I understand good ammo beats good armour but what i'm saying is that shouldn't happen not even with good bullets not to that helmet, if you look at the angle he shot at it would 100% ricochet off my helmet, like i've been using the AS VAL with 7N12 BP and it's shredded through a group of people with the GEN4 armour on but in my circumstance it doesn't make sense to me in a realistic point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorrow666

damage in this game isn't consistent or reliable .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimm285
1 hour ago, AssAssin3124 said:

Yeh I understand good ammo beats good armour but what i'm saying is that shouldn't happen not even with good bullets not to that helmet, if you look at the angle he shot at it would 100% ricochet off my helmet, like i've been using the AS VAL with 7N12 BP and it's shredded through a group of people with the GEN4 armour on but in my circumstance it doesn't make sense to me in a realistic point of view.

what are you talking about 100% ricochet?  that is not a thing in tarkov you could have the best helmet in the game from the worst possible angle and it still can go right through or under or any number of other things.  Helmets are already way to good compared to their real life counterparts.  also the zsh isn't even that good of a helmet.  it can stop low caliber non AP bullets but you wouldn't even need the best ammo to pierce it mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldrin

Last few weeks its been constantly the same for me.. no matter what gear i take its always one shot to the head and dead..

Before it was ok now and then sure but still had some great fights.... but it hardly happens these days its all 1 shot dead.. so got to the point where i dont really take any gear any more as its kind of pointless... as the Good ammo is just super easy to get and i guess special head seeking ammo as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AssAssin3124
On 3/5/2020 at 7:34 PM, Grimm285 said:

what are you talking about 100% ricochet?  that is not a thing in tarkov you could have the best helmet in the game from the worst possible angle and it still can go right through or under or any number of other things.  Helmets are already way to good compared to their real life counterparts.  also the zsh isn't even that good of a helmet.  it can stop low caliber non AP bullets but you wouldn't even need the best ammo to pierce it mate 

I didn't know they don't ricochet would have been a nice thing to know but it's just annoying that you can take millions of roubles worth of gear into a raid and someone with good ammo can just kill you in one or a few bullets, looking forward to a wipe tbh so that not everyone i come across has insane ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimm285
2 hours ago, AssAssin3124 said:

I didn't know they don't ricochet would have been a nice thing to know but it's just annoying that you can take millions of roubles worth of gear into a raid and someone with good ammo can just kill you in one or a few bullets, looking forward to a wipe tbh so that not everyone i come across has insane ammo.

so this game is much less about armor and much more about seeing/hearing someone first.  Early wipe i always go comtacs over helmet and basically never wear helmets that cant have comtacs.  Sure the first week or two or even three good armor is strong but armor is only going to get worse with subsequent wipes when they add things like plates so the armor doesn't cover you fully and blunt force damage so even bullets that dont pen still do a lot of damage.  generally speaking it doesn't take players long to get good ammo especially with the flea market 

 

The better chance for survival is who shoots first and shoots most accurately, armor might help in close quarters but in most cases if you see them first and shoot first you should win the fight if its 1v1 or similar equal numbers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bed3viL
3 hours ago, AssAssin3124 said:

I didn't know they don't ricochet would have been a nice thing to know but it's just annoying that you can take millions of roubles worth of gear into a raid and someone with good ammo can just kill you in one or a few bullets, looking forward to a wipe tbh so that not everyone i come across has insane ammo.

you act like after 1 or 2 weeks, things won't be back where they are now for a lot of people.  a wipe wouldn't fix any of your complaints.  you wanting a wipe, is literally you just waiting for a time period where less people kill you instead of learning the game mechanics and making things work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheCabal

Armor as well as ammo is never a 100% thing. What do ppl expect? Too much expectations brought by other games.  Just because something sells for lots of money doesn’t mean you are a Terminator. It happens, someone sprays and hits you between our eyes... with a 10-mag small AK. But sometimes I get to kill a squad with just a moisin, no armor as a Scav. Nobody talks about taking down squads, just about their failures which needs to be addressed somehow.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2