frient

Reserve EXTREMELY SLOW loading + Crashes ,Desync Bugs

frient

So ever since Reserve launched I take in around 6-10 minutes to load in and ALL my other Maps load in within 4 minutes so i always spawn in Late and never get to hit loot spots first, First i thought it was cuz my Hard drive was full so i went and Cleared my entire hard disk to half of its storage on every drive and STILL the problem persists, not to mention random crashes and sometimes i Literally desync from the Server after a hard freeze like my teammate stops moving in my screen but he says he is moving in his game and also sees me move... this is really hindering me from playing what i would call an excellent map without these loading issues. Please help me if its a Issue on my Side or is it the map is just poorly optimized.

My Game is running on a Western Digital 1TB hard disk, and My Processor is I5-6600 paired with a RX 590 so i really dont think its any of my PC parts acting weird

Thanks in advance :)

• Upvote 2

Vigilante_8

Seems like you need to run this game in a SDD. *Solid State Drive* I watch streamers and they load the game in like 1-2 mins. I have the same problem and i'm using a hard-drive. I recommend investing in a Solid-State Drive and reinstalling the game *And also windows because it loads windows really fast* I think that may the problem with you're loading. 

masgon

I have the same problem and I am running on SSD. I tried to install to a different SSD but the problem persists

FREEZED

How much you have free RAM? if memory gets full windows start to swap data from memory to HD like mad so it reads and writes which makes it last forever.

frient

I have 8 Gigs of RAM and run the game on High texture settings but i tried running it on low Texture settings it takes even more time to load :(

FREEZED
8 hours ago, frient said:

I have 8 Gigs of RAM and run the game on High texture settings but i tried running it on low Texture settings it takes even more time to load :(

8 Gigs might be too low if you have some other programs as internet browser running

Gogo8gogo123

hello I have the same problem. when I turn on the reserve map loading takes like 10  minutes. when i finally join in the game all of my teammates just staying. But everybody is moving. One more think. All maps on my computer running on 100fps + but reserve running on 50-60+. Please help solve my problem. thx 

my pc : 1tb hard disk gtx 1060 6gb processor is i5 7600k. also i running game on ssd

Edited by Dejvid231

Vigilante_8
On 12/29/2019 at 6:52 AM, Dejvid231 said:

hello I have the same problem. when I turn on the reserve map loading takes like 10  minutes. 

It could be numerous of problems, Some people get bad performance on Reserve since it's a new map. It Could be matching that can take a while depending on factors players, server,  etc.  There could be some other problems but since you said you run other maps on 100 FPS tells me that it's just the map reserve, because streamers complain about the map being choppy. 

• Confused 1

Sareg
On 12/29/2019 at 3:52 PM, Gogo8gogo123 said:

hello I have the same problem. when I turn on the reserve map loading takes like 10  minutes. when i finally join in the game all of my teammates just staying. But everybody is moving. One more think. All maps on my computer running on 100fps + but reserve running on 50-60+. Please help solve my problem. thx 

my pc : 1tb hard disk gtx 1060 6gb processor is i5 7600k. also i running game on ssd

I have this exact problem. Used to take me like.. 1-2 mins to load into maps, even Reserve, but now it's like.. 4-5, especially on Reserve. And when I load in, there's fps problems ahoy, and people frozen on the spot.

My computer is poo, but I've been playing tarkov without any problems whatsoever until a few months ago, and it's not like there's been any kind of graphics or other enhancements of anything.

Gorolt
Posted (edited)

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, have mainly just been playing factory which sucks. Even customs loads in around 6-7 minutes if I'm lucky. I hear offline loading and reloading works but I ca't see that being a fix to this. Tried running off an external SSD and can't seem to get the game to even start off of it. Hope there's something else that can be done here. Have been using the RAM cleaner with little luck, running on a 8GB RAM 1TBHD with a 1050 TI with an I7

Edited by Gorolt

_Toggle

Just to help some of you out, having an HDD, no matter the amount of free space you have or the total space the drive contains, will always load the in-game information slowly. An SSD can do it in half the time an HDD can. This is what depends on how quickly you load into a game. 

An amount of RAM is essential in gaming, let alone a game like EFT which wasn't built on a coding foundation for optimal means. If your game if choppy and/or lags with frame drops it is usually one of two things. Your RAM or your Graphics card. Sometimes the CPU when overcompensating but it's rarely ever this. Despite what most people think usually the RAM is the culprit. RAM keeps short-term memory while playing a video game. It's what allows your computer to keep information of in-game items, landscape & buildings, etc. Example: If you break a window in a raid, run around the map and come back to that same window 20 minutes later the window will still be broken. Your RAM will not allow your computer to forget that the window broke. This information (The window) in temporary code since it can be interacted with as oppose to a whole building. You can't blow a building up so your RAM's temporary memory doesn't need to worry about an non-interactable object. Furthermore this all includes, any item you can pick up, break, doors which can open/close, car extractions, trains moving, NPC's, PMC's, birds in the sky....

Sound like a map we all know and love? There's simply a lot going on with the reserve map at any given time. Not too mention ALL the non-interactable objects that are simply coded objects. 

Conclusion: Most likely it's a RAM issue. There are a few different types of RAM open to the public: DDR, DDR2, DDR3, & DDR4. And yes, you guessed it, the higher the last number the more information it can shift through as well as the speed it can do so. 

HDD's and poor RAM types and/or amounts can ruin your Tarkov experience. You're welcome.

_SAD_BOI_
On 7/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, _Toggle said:

Just to help some of you out, having an HDD, no matter the amount of free space you have or the total space the drive contains, will always load the in-game information slowly. An SSD can do it in half the time an HDD can. This is what depends on how quickly you load into a game. 

An amount of RAM is essential in gaming, let alone a game like EFT which wasn't built on a coding foundation for optimal means. If your game if choppy and/or lags with frame drops it is usually one of two things. Your RAM or your Graphics card. Sometimes the CPU when overcompensating but it's rarely ever this. Despite what most people think usually the RAM is the culprit. RAM keeps short-term memory while playing a video game. It's what allows your computer to keep information of in-game items, landscape & buildings, etc. Example: If you break a window in a raid, run around the map and come back to that same window 20 minutes later the window will still be broken. Your RAM will not allow your computer to forget that the window broke. This information (The window) in temporary code since it can be interacted with as oppose to a whole building. You can't blow a building up so your RAM's temporary memory doesn't need to worry about an non-interactable object. Furthermore this all includes, any item you can pick up, break, doors which can open/close, car extractions, trains moving, NPC's, PMC's, birds in the sky....

Sound like a map we all know and love? There's simply a lot going on with the reserve map at any given time. Not too mention ALL the non-interactable objects that are simply coded objects. 

Conclusion: Most likely it's a RAM issue. There are a few different types of RAM open to the public: DDR, DDR2, DDR3, & DDR4. And yes, you guessed it, the higher the last number the more information it can shift through as well as the speed it can do so. 

HDD's and poor RAM types and/or amounts can ruin your Tarkov experience. You're welcome.

Currently having huge Desync issues on Reserve, using my SSD and DDR4 16 GB ram and still it suffers. I dont struggle with long load times. Roughly 2-3 minutes includes waiting for players/session start. My PC cant be the problem here, its gotta be client sides/server sided for sure. Just sucks cuz i love Reserve.

_Toggle
On 7/10/2020 at 5:43 AM, _SAD_BOI_ said:

Currently having huge Desync issues on Reserve, using my SSD and DDR4 16 GB ram and still it suffers. I dont struggle with long load times. Roughly 2-3 minutes includes waiting for players/session start. My PC cant be the problem here, its gotta be client sides/server sided for sure. Just sucks cuz i love Reserve.

Sorry for the very long awaited response, I never get on the forums anymore but you're absolutely right. Or are you? It depends...are you getting serious stutters every few seconds (2-20sec.) or is it like a dozen times throughout the raid. If it's consistent than it is most definitely your computer. Perhaps one of your hardware components isn't working right. Maybe not all your RAM sticks are attached correctly. 

If it's not very consistent than it's the lack of optimization of the map and there's nothing you can do.

StellarKane

I have the same problem with Reserve taking forever to load in - it get to 'Matching' and keeps matching for a long time. Every other map loads quickly (1-2 mins) except Reserve which takes 10+ minutes - often I just give up and play a different map. Particularly on scav raids. Is it just because so many people are trying to load in? Tried changing server but it doesn't change anything.

Edited by StellarKane