ShiroTenshi

Reminder about Purchasing the Game

ShiroTenshi

Dear friends! We want to remind you that you should only purchase editions of #EscapeFromTarkov on our official website.

All other resources and websites on the Internet supposedly selling copies of the game and various editions of Escape From Tarkov, at a lower or similar price, are unofficial, and there is a risk that these resources may be fraudulent. In addition, we want to note that buying other people's accounts will also lead to a ban. Do not forget that such actions are performed solely at your own peril and risk, and all potential consequences may also affect you. Including: the likely loss of your personal money, loss of account data, blocking access to your account and so on. Technical support on these issues is not provided.

We strongly recommend purchasing any products exclusively on official resources and sources.

Thank you for your time and attention.

BSG Team.

tGLHJvtrIrs.jpg

TRANSLATIONS

• German translation can be found here. Thanks to BSG Crew @Hummz21
  • Portuguese translation can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Portugal @Alexandre_5
  • Spanish translation can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Spain @andresto
  • Arabic translation can be found here. Thanks to member of Middle East Community @Muteb02
  • French translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary of France @titi4600
  • Italian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @dinosamir
  • Chinese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary of China @Mage_Elminster
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Niewiarygodny
2 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

we want to note that buying other people's accounts will also lead to a ban.

I wanna clarify something, and well, support didn't help within 10 days with 1 simple question. Since linking ToS is not answering damn question, since, as we all know, ToS ain't 100% correct since we have "exceptions" like
Using macros (We have been told many times before, that it's not banable at this stage of development) even if ToS said diffrent

So about "selling", is still selling EFT CODES for game (not actual accounts) still legal according to your policy?
I asked such question almost 1 year ago, your support answered "At this stage of development it's not forbidden".

I asked same question to confirm if something maybe changed within 1 year, but your support links me ToS and well, still waiting for answer for it ^^. So maybe you can clarify that ;).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Niewiarygodny

Forgot to add.
Ofc buying codes is still RISK for player, like we had countless situacions where someone account got banned because it was bought (code for EFT) via stolen credit card.
So ye, dont forget about it :D. I just wanna know about selling codes for games, just our of curiosity :). Since you already proved that Codes for EFT are not real Accounts yet.

P0weredge
7 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Forgot to add.
Ofc buying codes is still RISK for player, like we had countless situacions where someone account got banned because it was bought (code for EFT) via stolen credit card.
So ye, dont forget about it :D. I just wanna know about selling codes for games, just our of curiosity :). Since you already proved that Codes for EFT are not real Accounts yet.

It makes sense to me to ban an account that has been purchased with a stolen card.

On the other hand i have given 2 codes to my friends and bought a 3rd one on my account as a gift and they still play without any issue.

So i think its Fair what they do.

• Upvote 1

Niewiarygodny
4 minutes ago, P0weredge said:

It makes sense to me to ban an account that has been purchased with a stolen card.

Ofc! I never said that such accounts shouldnt be banned :).
I just say that 1 year ago, for christmas (when a lot of ppl got free standard codes) i asked support if it's ok to sell codes, they said yes, at this stage yes. 
Just wanna know if it's still ok (support can't provide straight answer for 10 days :D)

P0weredge
1 minute ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Ofc! I never said that such accounts shouldnt be banned :).
I just say that 1 year ago, for christmas (when a lot of ppl got free standard codes) i asked support if it's ok to sell codes, they said yes, at this stage yes. 
Just wanna know if it's still ok (support can't provide straight answer for 10 days :D)

The code its yours you own it, they should not be involved on what you do with that CODE. 

Once activated its a different story.

Edited by P0weredge

ShiroTenshi
1 hour ago, Niewiarygodny said:

So about "selling", is still selling EFT CODES for game (not actual accounts) still legal according to your policy?
I asked such question almost 1 year ago, your support answered "At this stage of development it's not forbidden".

Keys are not accounts. This is precisely why we have discounts for people purchasing multiple codes at once. Once that code is redeemed on an account then that is when it becomes something that goes against the TOS. While the codes are not redeemed, they can be sold, traded, gifted, whatever you want to do with them for the most part.

• Upvote 1

Niewiarygodny
15 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

While the codes are not redeemed, they can be sold, traded, gifted, whatever you want to do with them for the most part.

Thats the answer i was looking for.
Thank you very much.

But will be this thing (that codes are allowed to sell) changed in the future? Still refering to answer from support i got that "at this stage it's allowed" so it sound as "in future it will be changed" :D.

17 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Once that code is redeemed on an account then that is when it becomes something that goes against the TOS.

Well actually both Codes and accounts goes against ToS... Thats why i hate when something is not clear.
QUoting ToS "transfer: attempts to sell any versions of the Game,"

So for some "any version of game" are accounts only, for others "ANY version" is also a code :D.

If you have such power (or you can ask someone) to make it a bit cleaner.

Thanks again!

ShiroTenshi
6 hours ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Well actually both Codes and accounts goes against ToS... Thats why i hate when something is not clear.
QUoting ToS "transfer: attempts to sell any versions of the Game,"

It is actually not against the TOS at all, since at the end of the same line you quote is also states:

unless expressly permitted hereby;

And then below that this:

6.2. The Licensor undertakes:

6.2.3. To notify the User of change to the conditions hereof by posting information on the Internet on the Game website and (or) notifying the User by email to the User’s email.

Since BSG has said multiple times, for a long time, that it's OK to sell codes then that effectively makes it not against the TOS since they made this information available on the forum and other places, thereby informing the users of it.

Should they change their mind, they will then again inform users of this decision and only after that will it become against the TOS.

But i do agree that up until this thread was posted the info was a bit difficult to find since it was only ever said in answers to other threads. Hopefully this being it's own thread will make it easier to find in the future.

Niewiarygodny
3 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

But i do agree that up until this thread was posted the info was a bit difficult to find since it was only ever said in answers to other threads. Hopefully this being it's own thread will make it easier to find in the future.

Exactly. My only information was from support 1 year ago.
Whats more mods from discord was 100% sure that selling CODES is also against ToS. 
ANd as i experienced on my own skin, your support does not know the answer either and they just link ToS/Forum rules etc instead answering (talking about situacion where i asked specific question about it 10 days ago, after +-7 days got links to ToS/Forum rules, after asking more questions and clarify situacion (similar as i did here) still didn't get answer.

But once again, thanks for all informations and clearing this out!

MrXT
On 12/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, ShiroTenshi said:

Dear friends! We want to remind you that you should only purchase editions of #EscapeFromTarkov on our official website.

All other resources and websites on the Internet supposedly selling copies of the game and various editions of Escape From Tarkov, at a lower or similar price, are unofficial, and there is a risk that these resources may be fraudulent. In addition, we want to note that buying other people's accounts will also lead to a ban. Do not forget that such actions are performed solely at your own peril and risk, and all potential consequences may also affect you. Including: the likely loss of your personal money, loss of account data, blocking access to your account and so on. Technical support on these issues is not provided.

We strongly recommend purchasing any products exclusively on official resources and sources.

Thank you for your time and attention.

BSG Team.

tGLHJvtrIrs.jpg

TRANSLATIONS

• German translation can be found here. Thanks to BSG Crew @Hummz21
  • Portuguese translation can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Portugal @Alexandre_5
  • Spanish translation can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Spain @andresto
  • Arabic translation can be found here. Thanks to member of Middle East Community @Muteb02
  • French translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary of France @titi4600
  • Italian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary and Moderator @dinosamir
  • Chinese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Emissary of China @Mage_Elminster

Illegal according to the european court of justice and likely illegal in the US as well. You risk a class action lawsuit and a ban from selling in these markets if you try to enforce such a policy.

In Europe if you bought the game you own the game and can do with it as you please, this also sounds impossible to enforce anyway.

cferrato

Maybe if you fixed your issues with email verification codes people would not be seeking out other means to play this game.  

• Like 1

EightGalaxies

Same for buying any game. Buying somewhere other than the official channels is risky business. 

• Upvote 1

Grigatee-Crow

can you buy an play this game today ?ive known about it awhile but i finally got around to going to theee "official page" an it say Pre-order , O,o so whats the status ?

SnakeHeadNL
On 1/23/2020 at 1:40 AM, Grigatee-Crow said:

can you buy an play this game today ?ive known about it awhile but i finally got around to going to theee "official page" an it say Pre-order , O,o so whats the status ?

It says access to the beta edition so ofc you can play, i bought mine back in 2016

Edited by SnakeHeadNL

Niewiarygodny
On 1/23/2020 at 1:40 AM, Grigatee-Crow said:

O,o so whats the status ?

It's "Pre-order" (cause game is not released yet) but with acces to "closed Beta".

To clarify it even more, if you buy ANY edition, you will be able to Tarkov right now.

However keep in mind that:
- it's Beta
- Has a lot of bugs/errors/problems
- It's not final product, so many things will be changed
- There are wipes from time to time cause of testings needed, next planned is in +-4 months (Wipe - it's like reseting each player account to lvl 1 and 0 progress, so each player start with lvl 1 and starting equipment based on their Edition) 
- Atm EFT has huge numbers of new players and they have problems with servers
- EFT does not have any date for release, it may be 2/3/4 years. I wouldn't say that it will be relased sooner than 2 years.

And many more other things :P.

Riggons

WTF!!!! If it isn't bad enough getting 404 not found error code, now your telling me i have unusual activity coming from my IP address and my account is now blocked. I want to know what is going to be done to fix this problem.  I do enjoy playing the game and would still like too, but its going on 3 weeks sense this started and i have tried everything. I have put in two tickets and still no contact  with anyone.  PLEASE FIX IT OR GIVE ME MY 149.00 Back
Thanks

Edited by Riggons

Riggons
On 2/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, Niewiarygodny said:

It's "Pre-order" (cause game is not released yet) but with access to "closed Beta".

To clarify it even more, if you buy ANY edition, you will be able to Tarkov right now.

However keep in mind that:
- it's Beta
- Has a lot of bugs/errors/problems
- It's not final product, so many things will be changed
- There are wipes from time to time cause of testings needed, next planned is in +-4 months (Wipe - it's like reseting each player account to lvl 1 and 0 progress, so each player start with lvl 1 and starting equipment based on their Edition) 
- Atm EFT has huge numbers of new players and they have problems with servers
- EFT does not have any date for release, it may be 2/3/4 years. I wouldn't say that it will be released sooner than 2 years.

And many more other things :P.

I bought the standard edition earily last year, and played it for awhile. I finally decided it was worth the extra money to upgrade to the EOD version.  After paying for it, I went though the same process i did with the first one,  went to install and started getting 404 not found error code.  Its now been almost 8 weeks, still no fix.  I did get a reply, along with a new standard addition telling me to wait for a official invite back to the game. Still waiting.  Where's my EOD version i paid for?

I have receipts

Edited by Riggons

Niewiarygodny
23 minutes ago, Riggons said:

Where's my EOD version i paid for?

I am just USER on this site, iam not a mod or anything my friend, i wishy i could help tho :D. 

DunnyWasTaken

The problem with buying the game from your store is that it doesn't show the payment processor fee and VAT until you get to the checkout, every other online store (that I've used) shows the price you pay on the store page. It should be that simple. This alone is scummy business practice and every time I go to buy the game makes me remember that I don't want to support that practice. I don't see why the game isn't just on Steam it would make the buying process much simpler and it would reduce the risk of having a 3rd party bought key revoked.

SaeedKhani

Just release it on steam ....

ieatcorn

I would like to see the game distributed through a more reliable means if battle State is the only source of distribution and proven almost as unreliable as a say a third party purchase there's something wrong. I understand the payment system is sub-contracted through exola and not through BSG themselves, but still its your game being distributed, and as a game previously recommended to friends I have a hard time doing it when simply buying the game seems to be a hassle. I don't know if this issue is industry wide since they seem to do PSN Steam Ubisoft store ect. Still I haven't had issues with any other marketplace and I've been seeing a crap load here. I think they do a fraudulency check after attempting to purchase two accounts for precisely the reason talked about in this post. Funny ive got a friend so fed up with trying to buy the game he decided to do it twice. Just let people play your game its great. Maybe take the 20% L and post it on a reliable distribution platform. Idk just fix it.

N0_YES

I bought the game from the escapefromtarkov.com website , instantly the money was taken from my account and I have not gotten confirmation that I bought the game and under pre orders it says there is nothing there. 

devil2020666

so from what im basically reading 

duck YOUR FREEDOM PAY TRIPLE THE PRICE

IF YOU DONT PAY TRIPLE THE PRICE THEN GO duck YOURSELF NO GAME

WE HATE ANYONE WHO PLAYS OUR GAME AT LESS THAN A RIDICOLOUS FULL PRICE .....

IM DONE WITH GREEDY COMPANYS LIKE THIS KEEP GIVING THEM MONEY MORONS THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE BETA ANYWAY