CypherNil

Tie strength xp to jumping again

CypherNil

With the recent patch adding skill exhaustion there is now no reason to leave strength in its current state. It is one of the only skills not connected to a frequently used action in the game.

As early hideout progression (vents) is tied to strengh level 3, Players are given no choice but to specificly grind strength XP inorder to level it rather then naturally developing the skill while playing. This is the opposite of whats intended is it not?

I'd take another look at how skills fit in the game anyway, Adding additonal rules to a skill system that, by its very nature, encourges skill grinding makes no sense at all.

Edited by CypherNil
  • Like 3

Deafman
2 hours ago, CypherNil said:

It is one of the only skills not connected to a frequently used action in the game.

Over weight isn't frequent? I think you are tarkoving wrong! 

• Sad 1

CypherNil
19 hours ago, TarkovCitizen447027 said:

Over weight isn't frequent? I think you are tarkoving wrong! 

Frequent at the end of a raid which isn't a common occurrence compaired to training any other skill at the start of a raid.

and please dont pull a "git gud", the highest tier players dont survive raids 45% of the time let alone reach a point where overweight occures.

Look, this comes down to simple progression scaling, without trying to level anything specificly on my reset account my endurance is now level 2, in the same amount of game time my strenght is lvl 0 on 2.0 XP.

I have everything I need to upgrade vents to the next level but am artificially blocked by strength restriction.

The game is now telling me to power level strength as a goal, If the developers dont want to encourage players bringing heavy insured items into a raid to train STR and then suicide they need to level the playingfield on skills usage throughout a raid. I'm just providing feedback on what new accounts experence, thats the point of a beta.

Edited by CypherNil
  • Like 1

Mekaniac

And now with the skill xp gain  nerfs in raid the gate lock of the strength skill is even worse, as a test i went in at 41kg and spent 30mins walking in a corner on interchange then walking to extraction, i got all of 3.4 points of strength for nearly 40mins effort, XP scale rate was down to 80% wheni last checked it before heading to extract.

My hideout is now completely locked until i get strength 3, and with only being at strength 1, 16.1/20. The next 34 points are going to take hours of doing nothing but walking in a corner, and before i get told to play the game, i do play, im lvl 28, over 100 pmc raids this wipe so probably an average "Casual" player, but the way i play tarkov is not min/max, if i survive a raid im rarely over weight and if i am over weight im not going to hang around in a normal raid where ive got quest items, im getting out asap.

• Like 1

Scholar
On 1/8/2020 at 5:12 PM, Mekaniac said:

And now with the skill xp gain  nerfs in raid the gate lock of the strength skill is even worse, as a test i went in at 41kg and spent 30mins walking in a corner on interchange then walking to extraction, i got all of 3.4 points of strength for nearly 40mins effort, XP scale rate was down to 80% wheni last checked it before heading to extract.

My hideout is now completely locked until i get strength 3, and with only being at strength 1, 16.1/20. The next 34 points are going to take hours of doing nothing but walking in a corner, and before i get told to play the game, i do play, im lvl 28, over 100 pmc raids this wipe so probably an average "Casual" player, but the way i play tarkov is not min/max, if i survive a raid im rarely over weight and if i am over weight im not going to hang around in a normal raid where ive got quest items, im getting out asap.

It's just ridiculous at the moment.  The strength skill was abused in times past...and in response BSG's overreaction totally nerfed the abi;ity to level the strength skill.

I have the same problem.  Just playing the game regularly for hours and hours my strength is barely level 1 since the wipe....I'm not walking in corners for hours and I'm not doing anything "not normal"...but  I'm just gonna play the stupid game.  However based on the time gone by since the last  wipe and the time remaining till the next wipe, I doubt I'm even going to get my strength to level 3 in order to upgrade my hideout.  I hope BSG reads this cause this needs to be changed so we level up by just playing the game normally, not playing a  walking in corners sim. 

Jsaccs

What I ended up doing to get my strength to lvl 3; I would join a raid geared as usual, but i would have 2 empty fuel tanks in my backpack. As you begin looting, you can dump off the cans as you go throughout the raid, as long as you remain above your max weight.

Its not as cheesy as other methods, and the empty tanks i used came from my hideout generator. But empty tanks are cheap to buy anyway. Of course, it works better if youre on a bigger map where you can do plenty of walking. I personally did shoreline cache runs, theyre scattered throughout the whole map and youre out of everyones way for the most part.

CypherNil
On 1/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, Jsaccs said:

What I ended up doing to get my strength to lvl 3; I would join a raid geared as usual, but i would have 2 empty fuel tanks in my backpack. As you begin looting, you can dump off the cans as you go throughout the raid, as long as you remain above your max weight.

Its not as cheesy as other methods, and the empty tanks i used came from my hideout generator. But empty tanks are cheap to buy anyway. Of course, it works better if youre on a bigger map where you can do plenty of walking. I personally did shoreline cache runs, theyre scattered throughout the whole map and youre out of everyones way for the most part.

Thats exactly the kind of activity the developers have stated they want to avoid,

And yet the entire system is setup to encourge it. The devs dont seem to understand player activity at all.

• Like 1