Sign in to follow this  
d10sk0ur01

Seeing Explosive Ordenance Disposal fighters in Tarkov is BS trash

d10sk0ur01

Please I don't wanna play an arcade game that claims to be a realistic shooter. I understand that beta testing is testing, I understand it has to be handholding and allowing bullet sponge to help cry babies which internet is filled from moderations down to publishers to players to journalists.. it's ok. But be respectful of people that come here to play a realistic shooter with more "feel for guns" as you say.

Why you should allow to have people running in a game like this?
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c6/c8/89/c6c88950879ee3ac92531ef054d2067b.jpg

You actually have many that do that, do not make much sound, they can turn fast, they are hard to shoot down absorb much damage, they just make you forced to use BS and BP or else rounds which many cannot afford or do not wanna load and reduces automatically what weapons can be used... It's just a diversity killer in the game, it makes you forced to play in a way just because you want to allow some hand holding which also brings in the game HYPER UNREALISTIC Ubisoft trash fantasy semplification into a game ...

Why you need a realistic GAME to be a Bullet sponge (BS)?

EOD Explosive Ordenance disposal setups should be used in special missions not to move in an area and allow this only with great amount of handicaps like alos having to hydrate more and so on (hydrate only by raising visor etc unless carring a camelback)... How can you actually allow this?

It ruins the entire PMC fantasy. Seeing these people with HUGE armors on their bodies and also arm protection etc.. It's just a non sense.

• Sad 1

Washington1776

Im starting to think nobody tests what they post to the forums. Every day theres a bullet sponge topic and then right under it is someone screaming they keep getting one shot all day. There is a face hit box too btw. If you think you need a decked HK to win every fight watch this video

• Like 1

p4nnus
15 hours ago, Washington1776 said:

Im starting to think nobody tests what they post to the forums. Every day theres a bullet sponge topic and then right under it is someone screaming they keep getting one shot all day. There is a face hit box too btw. If you think you need a decked HK to win every fight watch this video

Well said. Its all about how you play and approach a situation with a heavily geared player. You can kill him with a makarov if you play the situation well.

On 12/29/2019 at 1:48 AM, d10sk0ur01 said:

Please I don't wanna play an arcade game that claims to be a realistic shooter. 

Youre not playing a game. Youre betatesting a indie game youve preordered. This is the 32543453456th duplicate of a similar subject, please next time use the search function to see if theres similar threads available. 

Also, some armors that are in the game can realistically take a crazy beating. If the bullet is not a tungsten core AP or similar very hard and penetrating, it might not go through for the first 30+ times if the vest is really good.

For example, 6b43 FORT took 7 7.62x54R AP rounds from 10m away, and the 8th and then 10th round penetrated. This armor is weaker in the game than IRL. 

Edited by p4nnus

d10sk0ur01

Hey thanks for the easy going responses, empty of insults. Appreciated. Before watching the video to which anyway I prefer words of experts polite like yours, do you think I just need to shoot at the head and not forcefully I need a BT, BS, BP? Well I do hit head pretty often, when I see these people with these visors the problem is more in terms of  realism not in terms of "bullet spongyiness" since I can still shoot their legs which will make their life anyway very awful, ... The thing is that seeing huge body armors and face screens (KILLA IS OK, it's fun it's a game it has some lore it's ok!) but I mean PMC that go like Explosive ordenance disposal, in a map where u have a IRL 20-50 minutes escape mission, and in game time 2 - 7 hours mission, it's just not realistic to have aperson that goes for average 5 hours around with a HEAVY ARMOR and FULLY protected helmet.. it's not cernobyl.. it's not IED land, it's a place where u need to be silent, squeeze ,run, breach... u will never do that with a fully heavy armor...

That's what I am saying first of all.
Secondly yes, ok the second point is vacuum now since you explained that these ppl can be taken down anyway... but with one hit?
If yes, then ok, if not ... well I just don't understand why ALL THE HARDCORE games (I mean for hardcore as DIFFICULTY. not the fact that I play all my life to it.. as I do not and I am not interested despite it being a TOP game...which I hold dearly now, due to it's good design choices so far for the most part of them) need to all get to a facilitation, to a easy bullet sponginess... because that's what happens to me.. when I see the stats.

I have shot these people maybe 5-6 times and they get damage of max 120 generally 30-50 hitpoints... lol WTHell!
It means a HUGE absorption power when I sware that I hit with all those bullets the body... and that can't be the damage.

Some say" Nade them".. but there is not a situation most of times of "nading them" since they strangely appear from no where and strangely sense you, when instead with all that bulky stuff on them should not be able to see much or at least NOT HEAR much due to the sound THEY MAKE first hand.

You get my points, it's not whining, I am trying to discuss, ok.. maybe you have been already on this path, talking of all these opinions I have shared, maybe not, but please try to understand it's really game breaking to meet these people...

RACWAR

Don't take the game for granted as it is now. Patience is the best thing here. I've been upset about bullet-sponge gameplay as well. Many factors go into that, sometimes it feels like pure luck if you kill someone fast or slow.

The lack of an unconscious state (which will be added to the game at some point) means for example that you can deal a lot of damage to an enemy if your bullets hit all the body parts "evenly" instead of all your rounds going into a one body part.

This fact coupled with the occasional d-sync, and coupled with the overpowered and unrealistic armor that we currently have can make combat sometimes feel like a throw of the dice.

BUT, they are planning to change all the armor in the game. Eventually we will have standalone armor plates and more accurate hitboxes, so armor carriers with a combination of soft kevlar and hard steel/ceramic plates will only stop rifle rounds on the area of where the actual plate sits, which isn't that big of an area. So hopefully, after the armor overhaul and also the unconscious state have been added, is when the game will feel a lot more consistent then.

• Upvote 1

d10sk0ur01

Yes, I have the same opinion, and experience and understanding. I understand that the system right now is made to make ALL THE THINGS being tested, otherwise some stuff would never be able to be tested.

The problem is that the calm and respectful answers above even if I really welcome them probably have in their head as many others (the mass) that this is the game that will be. It's not.

However staying focused on the topic what I mean is that you have these "in game" pay to win (aka "buy stuff in game in order to reduce the risk of death and prolong life") which just destroy the immersion, push the esport player perversion (able to do multiple headshot in a row) and just favor the handholding needing people that do not want to play the game, they just want to win with a software, no matter what's its name is.

For me head shot has to be fatal, it can be 1 or 2 shot MAAAX 3, but after 2 it is already RIDICULOUS. U can have 1 ricochet (and that thing they made in this game of potential ricochet is AMAZING) but then when u get shot to the head .. i am talking of 5 - 15 meters.. 20. It' death 90% of times.

No instead u have these also body armors absorbing automatically the shots, u have no stun, (it has to be immediate so to give an immediate advantage to the person who managed to LAND THE SHOT) because if you hit you can't have the person who still has to shoot with the same benefits to you.

It has to be MERIT BASED: and it can't be bullet sponge. It's otherwise another apexlegend bla bla bla Bullshit. Making a game based on virtual currency and thuis the things you can buy to win is ridiculous, it has to be about skill and it can't get biased by "ok now repeat your skill infinitely"... no i won't, I shoot correctly once? You have to show me immediate pay off.

It can't be GRINDED the skill. This is the typical attitude of trash productions and I really hope they never dig on that grinding design:

What i mean is again very clear, don't count on players REPEATING the skill, If a newbie or expert lands a headshot I don't care if some people say "it's not fun to die"... i don't care at all.
It's the game, it's realistic? Then you need to make the person die or get stunned. White effect on screen or WHATEVER DESIGNER see fit, buit it can't be nothing or you are advantaging the player that is less good, that has less skill and putting and handicap over a player that has stepped up, that pulled the trigger.
IN this game pulling the trigger has meaning, if you shoot you give out your position it's not Run and gun, correct? Then if you don't want  to make the game LOOOOOSE all the meaning it has like many instead did (many did go into that grinding non sense a-skilled environement, rinse and repeat trash) has to stay there: you shoot you have various effect to that, silencer or not, and you hit? Then you have to have the NATURAL pay off.

If you are making the game fantasy then tell it.
It's ok to have killa mask etc, but when I say of head super protection and body armor Explosive ordenance disposal huge weight carried for IRL 40 minutes in game life 3- 8 hours (the result of 40 minutes IRL , in game) you can't have bullet sponginess.

Creating a Bulletsponge Pool of hit points in the head it's not ok at all. It has to stay realistic if there is a hitbox, it has to be accessible to all, it doesn't have to FAVOR grinding and "The Division" Bullshit... if you do that then you are moving away from what the game said it would be and betraying those that invested in it.

I am sure they will go in a precise direction in the future... it's just a non sense to have these people carring KILO and KILOS of armor and then not having to drink: and the thing is that the fact of bringing kilos and kilos of armor = NEED to loot more or  NEED to drink and eat more at least hydrate more --> need to carry more weight which ignites a Vicious Circle of needing more weight and more weight in order to be operative ...

At the moment those that carry huge weights on their head and body as protections have super easy life like they were loose away of the Environment \ physical laws. It's ok.. the game still has to be completely designed.. it's just way too simplicistic and bullet spongy atm, because if this was the game (and it's not) they would simply favor those that have virtual money in game and buy these SOFTENERS of Risk which is hyper contradictory.

I am just saying that if you put those things then do it, but at least make it realistic, it can also be that they do not need much energy, they just have developed a muscular HIDEOUT\Breed\ GYM = they have easy life carring heavier weights and I say this because I know that in part the skill system BSG has created hints to this too =making life simpler to people that play more or execute certain actions contextually \ correctly etc.

However my flag\ alert is not whining as some might say, or wrongly understand, it's just an alert to those that design the game, it's not much about discussion, I mean I don't have visions or I am drunk, it's about sensibility I guess: if one is ok with "another the division" ok, but I am not and I do not play that trash.

EFT is great so far, I just hope that they do not go down the way of bulletsponge, handholding, grinding skill use (have to take 5 heashots to take one down)...

It would be just a farse.

\\\\ Regarding the unconscious state of the player or NPC and thus healing another player, with the consequences that get out of this, like carrying a body to an exit etc I wrote already in another topic where I suggest what they could do in future instead of having PMC respawn which is totally arcade, have instead a HIDEOUT-Player-Account Point of view, where we are the hideout\school and yes we control the PMC or scav but if it's dead that guy name etc is dead the skill stay and we can get them on different ratios depending if we collect the body or in other ways depending on the system that is put into place: like if you die you get half of the skills learned or nothing, etc... There are some topics I opened on this or one - yes the Ace system of healing that is in Arma 3 should have a place here. at the moment we just have life and death, not passing out layer which  would add with the vaulting and also dragging of bodies and carrying on shoulder or even stretcher an amazing deeper game... I am going now too deep in this.

I think that the PLAYER attitude towards dying mates or NPC or simply shooting to BEAR or not should be taken into account creating a STATUS bar\ the actual one that is in place with the TRADERS which makes us or Good or neutral or ROGUE PMCs. These 3 status need to be still created and it's a thing like RDR2 (the bar you have depending on your actions).
I edited now just to add an explanation to what system could come out and be enriched due to the fact of body healing, who you decide to shoot to ... actually creating a really living Tarkov game and not damaging at all the skill based shooting (Weapon FEELING experience) which is the focus of the game anyway

Edited by d10sk0ur01

d10sk0ur01

Today it's the second time, more ridicolousness... This was with a scav player mostly probably, however it's impossible that I make 8 hits to chest and u got this.. come on! This is just bullet sponge.

The other one was without protection: hit with AUTOMATIC 9.19 .. and was killed but it can't have a body of IRON...
Instead the game has a body of armor all of a sudden.
This game is getting worse and worse. 2 months I have it, this is not serious my friends.

3 minutes of wait before entering a game of course I have to leave all the time as I can't watch a loading screen...
Then you have this "beta experience" of bullet sponge. No thanks.

The 2 pictures refer to a MONO-encounter matches, I have not encountered more, I just encounter one, shoot one. THey  have of course super bullet effect on me (typical of most "games"... waste of time "fps-nonsense")...

2020-01-10[16-01] (0).png

2020-01-10[15-28] (0).png

Edited by d10sk0ur01

sackmycack
1 hour ago, d10sk0ur01 said:

Today it's the second time, more ridicolousness... This was with a scav player mostly probably, however it's impossible that I make 8 hits to chest and u got this.. come on! This is just bullet sponge.

The other one was without protection: hit with AUTOMATIC 9.19 .. and was killed but it can't have a body of IRON...
Instead the game has a body of armor all of a sudden.
This game is getting worse and worse. 2 months I have it, this is not serious my friends.

3 minutes of wait before entering a game of course I have to leave all the time as I can't watch a loading screen...
Then you have this "beta experience" of bullet sponge. No thanks.

The 2 pictures refer to a MONO-encounter matches, I have not encountered more, I just encounter one, shoot one. THey  have of course super bullet effect on me (typical of most "games"... waste of time "fps-nonsense")...

2020-01-10[16-01] (0).png

2020-01-10[15-28] (0).png

Some of the time the arms get in the way especially when two people are directly facing each other which completely absorbs the round which is an annoyance in some cases. For example I shot killas head twice with 7n37 while he was healing so his hands were in the way which stopped both rounds then he killed me.

d10sk0ur01

Thanks, I forgot this technical thing which was talked about in other games I played, well, ok, it's understandable and cool, the thing is that it gotta be real and not a bug related thing. But if the trajectory is that one, ok, no problems. I hope that for the other things it is verified... I will try to aim at the head always.. or the legs since the two things can work out well, the problem is that aiming at the legs from few meters shootout is bad. Gonna see...

Shaktimaan

@d10sk0ur01

You're mixing/confusing two different problems here.

It's not about being a bullet sponge, it's about having the mobility of a guy wearing a bubble wrap despite having that kind of protection.

Bullet sponge guys can be easily killed with enough bullets as the durability of the armor get's reduced everytime when you land a shot to the armor. With a high RPM gun with a good armor degrading ammo calibre, you can kill them in a single high capacity magazine IF they're caught off guard. The problem is their mobility. Right now, the weight and mobility penalty is just enforced with a simple one off ergonomics and turnrate calculation.

I hope that in the future they do indeed add some sort of a exponential scaling penalty for weight with relation to the ergonomics/movespeed and turnspeed. I think that it's in the works as we speak as there has been a discussion in one of the podcasts where Nikita said that arcade experience is going to get nerfed.

d10sk0ur01

Hey thanks for the message. I like how you tidy the topics up here, and u do it well and for the explanations too, well said. Yes my protest is due to the fact that I did not used much of the BP and also other solutions and anyway the game is punishing and will stay so, the only thing is that I look for the devs to carve out better design there or also for the "infinite" mags thing : people carrying infinite mags in the back backs with the big stash box for mags and then the game doesn't even make you take 5 seconds (should be 10 at least) before starting the action: no it does it in a matter of a few second ... that thing should be also carved out to make it more realistic. but yes.. here I digress.

Thanks for the answer, glad to hear there is somebody else that wants to reason here with mature attitude, so rare nowadays... but I believe EFT can collect a lot of mature people more then other games.
The thing is that serious people  (not harassers and all out trolls) do not write much as they don't have time or don't wanna mix up with rotten apples online as their life is more valuable ... but this disinterest just like in administration of politics and cities and communities has a negative trade off over the QUALITY of communities.

So I am glad that you and others intervene here with posts, even if one is wrong it doesn't mean one needs to be harassed or if one is right and sees it differently.. and anyway there is not just 0 and 1 in life but lot of grey.. I know all this stuff is well known from a person like you... but often this is not understood from so many ppl.

See you soon!

d10sk0ur01

The developers say that RPG mechanics, so rules of point damage will not get in the way of the gameplay.

To me this looks like a League of legend, Warhammer fest trash. If you shoot a scav (player or not) wityhout ANYTHING 1 hit and it's DEATH. U cannot have the enemy turn move and reload like NOTHING was happening. I hit 5 times I did 220 Damage? I don't care AT ALL!

This is not Dice rolling and pen and paper or they wanna do this? Because if they wanna do this then tell it please. It's not skill based.

I hit a person earlier on his \ her back. You cannot have this person still alive and kicking. I hit 5 times I repeat 5 times. It's not RUBBER BULLETS. It's  freaking ROUNDs. if u get hit by one of them in reality you are done.
Why this game makes bullet sponge again and again? Why?

I confirm again, against a SCav without protection 5 hits with a Vepr even if it's 5 bullets, we are really getting way too RPGish ... 220 Damage? What is that? I hit him 5 times, u can't have Compartmentalized HIT BOXES.. otherwise u gonna get like Bullet spong effect.

U need these Sections to be INTEGRATED. If I hit arm it affects also other parts of the body, and mentality and a lot more. It cannot be 1 shot and then u still keep going.
This is BETA TESTING handholding I hope. They can't make the game like t his or it's just INCENTIVATING people to camp and don't move in the map and just duck does that enjoy the tactical combat. Make the game pay those that get hit. If the game allows people to still go after 5 ON THE BODY hits.. you are kidding me like .. ok

LEt's make the next fortnite but this time in russia... Come on...
You can't deny what I am saying it's a fact.

Beta testing is just at an handholding level beyond repair.. this is nott serious.

Hit box also to the head, what are you talking about?! Hit to the head ricochet? Ok 1 chance more 2 shots it's death.
The game is way way way too permissive...

I shot a scav player 5 times and I get with vpr .. i guess 366 cartridges 220 damage? What is this? 440 point damage.. stop this handholding for frustrated ppl that cannot accept to get hit first and thus die.

U need to give not a second chance... this is not tactical, it's just RPG ... waste of time again...
Unless people are all on drugs like DEEP on drugs u cannot react like that to 5 shots.. u cannot win. U JUST GOT HIT 5 times!!  And if one hits one arm, the arm cannot still hold in the perfect same way basically the gun.. it cannot.. it has to be like "done"... U need to punish the total health .. the Arms ACT AS ULTERIOR PROTECTION OF THE BODY ARMOR...

This is a fact, it's just ridiculous... u have armor of the health chyest, health of the arms, health of the body armor, luck, protection from certain bullets, distance, movements, some network issues that can allow some bullets to miss.. this makes the shots totally RUBBER made. U need to raise the level.. when will u do it?

This is just pew pew poew...

Edited by d10sk0ur01

Beobachtung_V

Hello.

I agree with d10sk0ur01's argument. The gameplay right now feels a bit COD-ish, I'll explain in the following lines why:

The first thing it's also the most important and it's quite simple: if you get shot at, you die, no matter how geared you are, maybe the bullet won't penetrate and it will be absorbed by the class 6 armor, BUT it should at least incapacitate the player of shooting back AT LEAST, then there would be the kinetic impact of the bullet (which travels at 700+m/s) which should have some negative consequences...you see, right now the game feels like you have to hesitate about shooting someone (even while he's looting) because your gun will most likely do 0 damage to his class 6 armor, it's like d10sk0ur01 described: "a dice roll".

Now probably I will get the attention of the kind of people who will say to "get good at the game" and "always go for the head" but you see, that kind of mentalplay befits to more arcade titles like Counter Strike, or COD in my honest opinion...

I would like to make a comparison with you guys between real life combat and the gameplay of the streamer in the link above. Do you think that war is really like that? Run, spray, strafe left and right, heal and repeat? Now I don't really want to sound like I'm ranting, but NO IT DOESN'T! In real life you don't go for the head, you don't strafe left and right (I believe inhertia will be implemented), you don't magdump people because so you grind the "Recoil Skill", etc.

I already gave my suggestions to the developers about what they could do in a "Priorities Scheduling and Core Mechanics" named post. Needless to say, it got only few views and no replies, and this explains some things.

Right now shooting somebody with a so-called "Low Tier weapon" is useless, it's like "Hey, how are you?" and somebody replies "Nah, I'm fine, today I just got shot 8 times from a pistol in the torso, it's daily routine."

This is what I'm talking about, try getting shot with a pistol multiple times and I don't think you will just lose HP on your limbs and go away running and shooting people like in Tarkov.

Right now you need to decide if you want to play at Russia-Based COD with a few more particles (yes, because checking your mags and the chamber or selective reload or changing the red dot pointer are pretty useless if the core mechanics are a bit chunky) or a Real Realistic Shooter...

Open your minds gentlemen and please think about this.

Thank you for your time.