Jump to content

why do people like this game ?


titsonafish

Recommended Posts

Backslapped

A big part of playing this game is learning to ignore 99.9% of Tarkov because they claim to be some form of Special Forces, with a closet full of body armor that they claim to have personally been shot in. Next, ignore the players who claim to be using a PC with 47 top of the line graphics cards installed and say they never get frame drops.

THEN, once you have mastered the above, just learn the scav spawns/patrols and you will increase your chances of success.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 9:12 PM, titsonafish said:

I'm not trying to piss people off , i don't want to get ostracized off of this forum , i just wanna have a civil discussion .

After many hours of playing ,  the magic of the game is lost to me and i am worn out and feel like quitting it forever , but if you lot could humor me for a minute and help me see the inner beauty of this game again it would be appreciated . The game is currently the most watched game on twitch , and it's audience mostly consists of police , security guards and PMC's who were looking for something more realistic , and , as someone who works in security i also agree that guns and armor all feel realistic , but i just can't find the fun in it . Realism does not always mean fun .

Every time players say what gives them fun ,stress , challenge and reward in  the game ,  they mention the looting system , how the possibility of loosing their own loot gives them stress and challenge , and how obtaining other people's loot gives them fun and reward . Looking at things objectively and long-term , i just fail to see this . So what if i get some shiny and valuable loot and riches ? It will all get deleted come next wipe  .  I don't feel happy when getting new loot because i know in a year it won't matter. Getting the same gear every year over and over again isn't fun , it is repetitive.I don't feel stress because of the possibility that i might loose my loot and i don't feel sadness once i loose it because if i loose  everything i can always wipe my account once every 3 weeks and start again  . Of course i never even did wipe my account because i didn't have to , getting profit from matches isn't difficult , and i fail to see why people have " gear fear " . There is also no competitive ranking system so i cannot feel proud and happy of my accomplishments  .

You might say " the end does not matter , the journey matters " , well the journey itself has criticism of it's own . For starters , before you even get to the journey , you must sort out your inventory , which is just a whole lot of homework . Finite inventory in video games gives you reason to plan carefully what to do with your items , and consider carefully what to keep , and what not to keep . But it seems pointless ever since the flea market got added . Why not just sell all of your items , have the money stacks occupy only a couple of slots ,  and then purchase things as you need em . You might loose 5-10% of the items price in fees when placing them on the markest and that's about it , seems like a better option than spending 30 minutes sorting items in your stash  .

No matter how people deal with their stashes , if they sell or keep or spend their  time sorting everything to look aesthetically pleasing  , it takes a lot of time and feels unescesarry and takes too long , i just want to go play the game already . I have enjoyed difficult games like dark souls , and have enjoyed realistic games like Insurgency : Sandstorm  .  This game is challenging and realistic and i like it most of the time but the randomness takes the reward away from me . People say the game is not a battle royale but to me it is just a battle royale with extra steps , those steps being : you can spawn in with some extra loot , and you do not have to kill all other players to win . It is such a random game . Here is my experience with it  : walk around for 15 minutes , engage in a firefight , and then , either win and spend yet again another 15 minutes walking until you run into someone else  , or you lose and die , go  abck to the main menu , spend at least 10 minutes sorting inventory , and then another 3 minutes waiting for the next game to load .  The game is very fun when you walk around tho ,  the stress from never knowing what is around what corner or hill will keep you on guard , but being alone in the woods gets boring , would be nice if we had a radio or voice chat , have someone to talk to  .

I realise most of my criticism is on things that the developers did say they were going to fix or add into the game , like a voice chat or radio , and arena mode , and i have no doubt that once this game is finished it will be one of the best games out there , and i am looking forward to playing it once it is out of beta  . But right now it is not that great of a game . What do you like about the game in it's current state  ? Where do you think Insurgency:Sandstorm failed , but EFT succeded ? Why  ? Hotel ? Trivago 

Just a few things to add.

The current quests are only side quests on the larger release of the game. The story quest will be much more straight forward Nikita (game director) has said.

The servers are getting bashed with the new player influx, it in my experience used to be pretty responsive and wait times were around 3 mins or less.

You skills and level ranking will have much more of an impact on the larger scale of the game when the "escape" campaign and follow ups release. The first implementation of story mission are aimed to be released this year ASAP.

A new audio (Steam audio) rework and comm system is aimed to be implemented in the next patch.

If raids aren't your thing then the 'arena' mode or the campaign may be. There is also a good chance that this game just isn't for you though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Barangolo
On 1/14/2020 at 8:21 PM, Skemba said:

Quite well said.

Is that a good thing though?.. The more the game shifts towards the gamble and away from control, the more the existing imbalances prevail, the less people will feel motivated to set personal targets for lack of control on their direction. A slot machine has the promise of riches, but EFT doesn't, there is no final station to reach, just continuous progress, so it makes all the difference whether you feel in control every step of the way. Like ShiroTenshi mentioned, it is the journey that matters and on that point I agree with him.

Since you are a mod and your words have weight: do the devs want to steer the game more into the direction of RNG or do they want to give players more control and feeling of accomplishment that stems from their actions?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barangolo said:

Is that a good thing though?.. The more the game shifts towards the gamble and away from control, the more the existing imbalances prevail, the less people will feel motivated to set personal targets for lack of control on their direction. A slot machine has the promise of riches, but EFT doesn't, there is no final station to reach, just continuous progress, so it makes all the difference whether you feel in control every step of the way. Like ShiroTenshi mentioned, it is the journey that matters and on that point I agree with him.

Since you are a mod and your words have weight: do the devs want to steer the game more into the direction of RNG or do they want to give players more control and feeling of accomplishment that stems from their actions?

Well, personally I think it's a good thing since no other game has ever peaked my interest in a way Tarkov did. There's a challenge to it and personally I like that a lot.

It's been stated multiple times and on multiple occasions that EFT is aimed at 30+ yrs players who love HC shooters and a good challenge.

To answer your question, some parts of the game are RNG. For example bullet penetration, fragmentation chance, fixed loot spawns, Scav boss spawns, etc. But for the most part the game is aimed towards slow progress intentionally. You will always have some degree of control, but it's up to you and your every decision if you'll make it out of a raid or not. That's the part I like. Every decision is a hard one to make and that keeps me entertained.

Mind you, this is still very far from a finished product and there's a lot more to be added and changed that will slow down the game even further.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spectro887

because people are masochistic, never seen a game worse than this in terms of netcode, hit reg ... i play for years but this bullshit of the armors above all that absorb magazines on magazines I will never digest it, realism? where? the Russians don't know make games, it's standalone dayz that they only do poo....the game is only alive thanks to the streamers, here is a game for streamers this poo.ooooh nikita nikita, you fail nikita.....again.

also the forum and the site go wrong hahaha and who knows why every time I do a search with the antivirus on tarkov it finds stuff connected to the mining of bitcoin? that these beggars of the bsg use the game to mine? that's why it goes so bad.

Edited by Spectro887
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Barangolo
1 hour ago, Skemba said:

It's been stated multiple times and on multiple occasions that EFT is aimed at 30+ yrs players who love HC shooters and a good challenge.

Which is exactly the reason why I started playing Tarkov. "Challenge" is something you can work towards. It holds complexity that can keep me occupied much more and offers many more choices and approaches than any other shooter, when not taking strategic games into consideration. But a game can only be challenging if there are goals you can set and your efforts to achieve these pay off, otherwise you are just a feather blown in the wind. When the game does not allow for successes, I start loosing interest. And success can only be felt if you feel you have worked for it. A game that has too much RNG and where the outcome is not even close to the effort or skill you put in, is a game that does not hold interest for long. Those who misinterpret the word "challenge" for "suffering by being punished and no means to avoid it", will not understand that enduring suffering may be a challenge by itself, but it certainly is not a useful spending of your spare time.

Ironically, it is probably exactly this 30+ age group that has a bigger need of control when playing a game than teenagers who mind less if they are not in control, given that most still depend on parents and school for guidance. I have the feeling that while the aim is to reach out to this age group and mindset, it is controversial to deprive them from the extent of control in the game. By control I mean that the outcome of a raid is dependent on skill and experience. Currently I feel much more that the unpredictability of the game's mechanics has a much bigger impact on the outcome of a raid, leaving exactly those deprived of a feeling of success who are treating a raid seriously and in a mature way. I don't mind dying, but if I have no control over it, not even how to prevent it, it becomes a random event, which does not motivate me to prevent it next time, but choose a way to avoid the event alltogether. The RNG aspect of the game therefore currently caters much more to a younger audience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barangolo said:

Which is exactly the reason why I started playing Tarkov. "Challenge" is something you can work towards. It holds complexity that can keep me occupied much more and offers many more choices and approaches than any other shooter, when not taking strategic games into consideration. But a game can only be challenging if there are goals you can set and your efforts to achieve these pay off, otherwise you are just a feather blown in the wind. When the game does not allow for successes, I start loosing interest. And success can only be felt if you feel you have worked for it. A game that has too much RNG and where the outcome is not even close to the effort or skill you put in, is a game that does not hold interest for long. Those who misinterpret the word "challenge" for "suffering by being punished and no means to avoid it", will not understand that enduring suffering may be a challenge by itself, but it certainly is not a useful spending of your spare time.

Ironically, it is probably exactly this 30+ age group that has a bigger need of control when playing a game than teenagers who mind less if they are not in control, given that most still depend on parents and school for guidance. I have the feeling that while the aim is to reach out to this age group and mindset, it is controversial to deprive them from the extent of control in the game. By control I mean that the outcome of a raid is dependent on skill and experience. Currently I feel much more that the unpredictability of the game's mechanics has a much bigger impact on the outcome of a raid, leaving exactly those deprived of a feeling of success who are treating a raid seriously and in a mature way. I don't mind dying, but if I have no control over it, not even how to prevent it, it becomes a random event, which does not motivate me to prevent it next time, but choose a way to avoid the event alltogether. The RNG aspect of the game therefore currently caters much more to a younger audience.

The penetration and fragment chances are minuscule in comparison to your movement, positioning, load-out, and general decision making.

A good player will easily be able to counter that randomization on a consistent basis.

The other random things about the game are as they should be, random loot, spawns, etc. All are necessary to create a unique experience every raid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Barangolo
16 hours ago, RealSavvyG said:

The penetration and fragment chances are minuscule in comparison to your movement, positioning, load-out, and general decision making.

A good player will easily be able to counter that randomization on a consistent basis.

The other random things about the game are as they should be, random loot, spawns, etc. All are necessary to create a unique experience every raid.

You are stating the obvious and you either misunderstood what I meant with RNG or did not mean to respond to me, as I never referred to these aspects as something of any relevance regarding random events. Not sure how penetration or fragment "chances" are of relevance either when it comes to RNG, since if it's a mathematical given as explained in the guidebook, it is no longer RNG, but quite predictable.. We all know what ammo makes what sense against which armour. Anyhow, what I call RNG in this game is especially related to imbalances, that are not mitigated and result in a very predictable outcome, irrespective of skill or experience. Examples:

- The odds of meeting vast overmight in the forms of teams is totally unpredictable, because solo players are in the same raid as teams, but there is no info on whether teams are in a raid. As you rightfully mention, since movement, positioning, loadout are critical, teams have exponentially more options to create a winning situation, through the advantage of spread positions (angles for spotting and hit exposure), sheer firepower, flanking options, suppression, healing, covering, etc., not to speak of inventory management outside of fights. When such a meeting occurs, the outcome is predictable in favour of the numbers in case of equal skillset. All other games mitigate this with different raids for solo and for team players, so that the winner is the one with the better skillset/experience, with a minor RNG factor in it. Have you ever heard of a football game where one team has 5 and the other 15 players, but neither team knows this before the start of the match?..

- The odds of meeting a far heavier equipped solo player who is on a higher level of progression is totally unpredictable, be it due to the newer player having bought the game later in the wipe or because the other has speedleveled from the start because of more time available to him to play the game than the casual. Since equipment (especially armour and bullits) holds a predictable outcome in such firefights, the outcome of these encounters is quite predictable in case of equal skillset. Other games mitigate this through matchmaking of levels, to avoid throwing newbies in front of the wolves, casuals to the semi-professional streamers, etc. Have you ever heard of a football game where Manchester United plays against a 3rd division team from Luxemburg? (if Luxemburg even has that many divisions..)

- The use of thermals per raid is totally unpredictable due to their cost and the players' wallet. We all know that having a thermal is basically almost having an ESP hack, it gives a huge advantage. In this patch the abundance of thermals and the inflated economy (due to the hideout items, lootspawn increase, hidden stashes, bitcoin production, etc.) with stagnant equipment prices shows how many more players can afford using these after a while, it is almost getting exceptional for anyone NOT using a thermal at some point when they have built out a healthy economy. Once you are in a raid with an enemy having a thermal and you do not (due to being a casual or having started EFT later in the wipe), especially at night this pretty much seals your fate, when skills are equal. Other games do not allow for such an imbalance in the game, as it basically ruins a skill-based gameplay. Have you ever seen any sports where one team is blindfolded but the other is not?

Mentioned three points' occurance per raid is totally unpredictable (=RNG), as currently there is no level-based matchmaking, no separate raids for solo players and thermals are in the game and can be used day or night. Within this unpredictability each raid, these imbalances result in a very predictable outcome when we assume equal skills and experience, resulting in an adjusted behaviour by the player. Any adjustment in behaviour that leads to a gameplay of not how the game was supposed to be played, is detrimental to the game's future, good examples we see right now are the hatchet runners, campers, skill cheesing to advance faster, cheaters and increase of teamplay for the purpose of survival instead of skill improvement.

All these unpredictabilities result in the fact, that a solo player cannot plan properly plan for a raid, as preparation is always related to the available knowledge in the battlefield. Going against a juggernaut team with your PACA and an AK with PS bullits is suicide. When you plan to sneak past a much stronger enemy however, you do not even want to bring a AK, since it is an unnecessary loss of stash value and you plan a raid with an objective in mind and adjust your equipment accordingly. If you know in advance however the approximate range of your enemy's equipment and his numbers, you can plan accordingly. Intelligence on your enemy is the key to winning.

Before anyone points out the obvious: of course I do not mean to say with this that everything should be predictable, as that would make the game boring. If we know in advance that we will meet a team during each raid and be killed right away, nobody would play the game anymore as survival is the goal. If we know exactly that all other players are heavier equipped than we are, we would only play an avoidance or guerilla strategy, contrary if we know all of them are weaker, we would play an aggressive style. What I mean to say is that there is always a range of "reasonable" predictability (without a certain outcome of a fight) and outside of that, all is unpedictable. What makes a game a game, is FAIRNESS. Not to mix up with pity, fairness is nothing more than giving both sides the opportunity to win. For this, both should have the tools available, the numbers and what should decide the outcome is skill and minor RNG like an AI intervening or not, a bullit ricochet or not, etc.

17 hours ago, RealSavvyG said:

A good player will easily be able to counter that randomization on a consistent basis.

That's a lot of wishful thinking and you know it :DAgain, you are stating the obvious in that you have better and worse players. What you are wrong with however, is when you say "will easily be able to counter". Look at ANY streamer's videos, no matter the level. The streamers are the only ones we can fairly use as reference points for a high skillset, since they play the game day and night, it is their bread and butter. By far the most streamers are at the top end of the spectrum, but let's just use a few examples of those who have around level 40 after a wipe when the majority (you can track representative samples by looking at lobby levels or kills during your gameplay) only has level 15-20. These streamers will ALSO loose most of their engagements with teams! And we are talking about the better players out there.. ;) Their chat has almost an auto response "there is always another one", to indicate how predictable the outcome is. The YT worthy videos are always the exceptions, when a top player wipes a team. To say that a good player will "easily" be able to counter a team is sheer nonsense and I think you know it. Especially since if you say a "good" player, you implicitly say that the skills of the players in the team he wiped are worse. All things being equal, if you put 4 men together in a team with a certain skillset and have them fight with a solo player with exactly the same skillset, the overmight of the team's advantages by far outweigh the minor benefits that a solo player has. Everyone knows this who plays the game, to start a discussion on this is just silly.

Having said that, you are making an important point here: that we are talking about SKILLSET (and experience) that determines the outcome of a fight. Since that is how we define good players: those with a better skillset and/or more experience. I totally agree that it is the skillset (and partly the experience) that should be decisive of who wins a fight, not the fact whether you are facing four people alone, or whether the enemy(s) see you through a bush with a thermal and you are basically blind while sitting duck, in addition you are not aware of this disadvantage. In this sense, shouldn't the game offer a neutral platform where it is this skillset that is decisive? If you give a heavy handicap to one versus the other, you basically do not offer equal chances to win, but you are giving heavy overmight to one party vs the other, demotivating the party that is at a disadvantage from the start. In most cases, you basically decide that one is going to loose, like in the case of teams vs solo. This leads to dissatisfied solo players, especially newbies. This game will always have newbies and always have differences in level, due to those having more and less time to play. If BSG does not offer a level playing field, it will always have a big group (casuals and newbies) left dissatisfied, but they are the ones bringing the money, as the game is a one-off purchase. If BSG builds an image for EFT as an unplayable game for newbies and casuals due to these imbalances, the financing through new players will dry out and the game dies. That is why it needs balance.

As for the experience part and why I mentioned it should partly be decisive for the outcome of a fight: putting noobs together with those playing the game religiously for years is not going to keep the noob hooked. The plethora of comments on the forums by noobs of all the points they want to have nerfed is because they are punished so badly from the start that they automatically resort to an avoidance strategy or stop playing alltogether quickly. BSG would not even have to think about nerfing anything for the sakes of noobs, is they would introduce level-based matchmaking. A noob meeting those of his level will be much more motivated to learn and progress if he has successes along the learning path. The initial period in EFT is decisive how you will play it on the long term (if at all): if the noob quickly learns gear fear and avoidance, he will not enjoy the game later either as he will not use all the features it has to offer, will avoid hotspots, will never use top level gear for fear of loosing it, etc. If you allow for a progression however that he can learn maps without being onetapped over the map by a thermal squad with laser accuracy skill level, he will get to love the game and later be able to match these levels as he progressed to the same level as well. There is no better way to destroy motivation however by this bootcamp approach of throwing all noobs to the wolves and see how they survive. Those that do will become cynical bullies that we see plenty of on this forum especially, who love to see the other suffer for what they had to go through themselves.

18 hours ago, RealSavvyG said:

The other random things about the game are as they should be, random loot, spawns, etc. All are necessary to create a unique experience every raid.

Funny that. I see the opposite in terms of this "randomness". While I agree that it is exactly these things that should be totally random in the game (loot locations, loot mix, AI spawns, player spawns), these are the ones that are most fixed and predictable! You must be playing a different game to say these are random.. Are you aware of how the majority of players rushes Dorms on Customs, because of the marked room? Or how they currently farm Killa for the silly tracksuit? Or how Shoreline and Reserve are a looter's paradise where the juggernauts are basically like the Keymaker in the Matrix and do nothing else than rush the Health Resort complex and loot till their prison wallet erupts? If there is something that is terribly predictable in this game, it is the lootspawns. It is the first thing that should be changed and I do not understand why the devs haven't done this yet as it is a simple exercise, were it not that this is how they want to force people to fight on the same locations over and over again. Let's not even speak of the "randomness" of AI.. If there is anything that is predictable in this game, it is the patrol patterns of AI. You can do an offline raid with AI spawn set on High and bring in a pistol only and you will extract fully geared with 30 kills on your mark without a sweat, that is how easy it is to deal with AI on most maps if no players are around. AI should be patrolling much more freely around the map if you ask me, as currently they are simply being "farmed" by squads. If there were separate servers for solo and team/solo players, the AI difficulty could be set accordingly so that each would have a challenge, instead of solo players complaining about AI difficulty and squads getting bored by running around the map to wipe AI. Player spawns and exits are far too static as well, which is why there is so much spawn camping and extract camping, instead of randomness in where fights occur.

So no, I totally disagree that the game shows randomness as it "should". I am surprised to see this opinion from someone who is new to the forum, feels much more like a veteran defending the current imbalance.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barangolo said:

 

So no, I totally disagree that the game shows randomness as it "should". I am surprised to see this opinion from someone who is new to the forum, feels much more like a veteran defending the current imbalance.

Because I looked into the game and knew what I was getting into before I bought it.

That way I don't have to complain about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel similarly to the op as far as quitting. I've personally been waiting for the faction/ karma system for what 2 years now or more? I thought the gameplay looked interesting on streams but i bought into it because i thought it would end up being a faction based shooter where you'd have to pick your targets and work with (or at least be able to) randoms to survive. 

Not this kind of unregulated ffa where you just shoot everything if you aren't on discord with them. I stopped playing for like a year, came back late into this patch because i got the itch. But it feels the same to me, gameplay hasn't really evolved at all imo.

I Don't follow the game nearly as closely as i used to so i'm just hoping they haven't given up on their original thoughts on the factions and a karma system to encourage some in game teaming up. So i'll probably just keep randomly checking back to see if that ever gets implemented.  Voip will be a step in the right direction, although it worries me that i haven't heard anything about the factions and the karma system, hopefully i've just missed those talking points. I've had my share of fun with the game regardless but i too am personally over this "game mode" we are currently testing.

 

And ya barangolo makes some fair points from what i did actually read of that, most of them would be nullified though if they ever actually implemented the faction/karma systems along with voip. It would actually be really cool if you could use comtacs to communicate with other usecs or bears depending on your faction, who had comtacs on as well. Sending or responding to an sos from another member of your own faction who's pinned down somewhere on the map would be interesting

Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi
On 1/18/2020 at 8:00 PM, Dubz said:

 most of them would be nullified though if they ever actually implemented the faction/karma systems along with voip.

Good thing both of these are planned for the near future ('near', in game development terms, can be several months). They probably won't come at the same time (though there is a chance), but both were scheduled to start being implemented after the .12 update, which was the main focus for a while.

Both will be implemented, the plan hasn't changed in regards to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PIG-Mathieu
Just now, rav91 said:

i hope no VOIP; it will take away from the game atmosphere.

Actually, I don't think so.

The VOIP will add a much better way to interact with people. First, as the game is getting harder and harder AI enemies, I think it will be more and more important for PMCs to help each other, or at least to let each other go and not shoot on sight.

Furthermore, you'll be able to turn it off anyway, so use it if it can help you, turn it off otherwise, but we've all been doing a hard quest at some point and meeting a player blocking us from completing it, so VOIP could very much be your solution in this case. It sounds like a win-win situation to me ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksys0815

I play this game for the Thrill...ok iam only lvl 22, but every match thrill me...never had this in any other game.

I play most of time solo or with my brother...we are not good in killing others, we loot the most of time, some quests etc etc. if possible we doent fight because in the most cases we die :D

after 22 lvl my gear fear is not gone, so this is may the reason why i play slower and careful, never see the restort 

from the inside - online. too much Scavs and players. 110 % chance to die ^^

i love this game, hooked me since start the first raid. every day i learn more and more... this will me entertain many many hours i think.

 

technical issues f***ed me up often, but i know its beta. so i can deal with it - not thinking about the 130 EUR i pay for the edition ^^ - if i would do this after a disconnect or other techinical issue - i will hate me for this decision. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly i have a very Love/Hate relationship with this game, i adore the concept of the game but it's implementation is very lacking, this will hopefully improve with time and again hopefully the Devs will listen to the concerns of the community not just a handful of streamers as other smaller Dev teams seem to do.

My biggest concern with this game is keeping it locked to PVP, there are a lot of players out there who prefer PVE over PVP, now i know the Devs have said they wont be making a PVE game mode and to me that is either pure stubbornness, laziness or both and whether or not people personally want it in the game is irrelevant, it would improve the game regardless which would benefit the game as a whole and would benefit the players who want it and it really isn't an issue either way for PVP players as if they don't want to play it then they don't have to, pretty simple to be fair, you could even have PVE totally separate from PVP so you cant farm gear for PVP, this enables everyone to play the way they want to and keeps everyone else happy, its any Devs dream goal, many other games do it and do it well but sadly for some reason it will never happen with Tarkov.

From being around the forums here and other places such as Reddit it seems like PVE would be a feature that would be greatly received but it also seems as though the Dev's have some kind of 'It's our way or no way' when it comes to the development of the game, on one hand i can understand this as it is their creation but on the other they have to realise that the players are what make the game what it is, now im not saying they should implement every idea that any player has but when there is a significant calling for a feature that would be so easy for the Dev team to actually do then they have to at least consider it, just refusing to do something because its not what you want to do is not only insulting to the people who gave you their money, its also not how life works, Sadly i can already see an end to Tarkov simply because of seemingly stubborn minded Devs.

Personally for me my love for this game is slowly dwindling into nothingness, getting geared just to lose it to someone because he spent 300 Roubles more than me on better ammo is grinding at me, if i lose to a Scav/Raider then at least its my fault, 90% of fair gunfights between players goes to the guy with better ammo and the rest of the time its just down to who sees who first, 'Skill' per se doesn't really come into play other than map knowledge and recoil control but even with those things and good gear you can still lose to an un-geared player Scav simply because he has better ammo, from a game-play standpoint that is a really dumb decision.

At this point in time i have reluctantly reserved myself into only playing Scav runs outside of Labs as the PMC, PMC just seems pointless in my opinion, yes you can use your own gear but when that gear is lost to an un-geared player Scav because he happened to spawn with better ammo than you then it just seems comical to actually take it out, it isn't worth the risk. Yes you could pay out your hard earned money on better ammo but having to and wanting to are two different things and when you have to do it just to be on a level playing field with everyone else it just becomes boring. Scav runs offer the best in terms of play-ability and profitability as you are always presented with a new challenge with each Scav being different and any profit is risk free, Playing PMC is like taking a Ferrari out in the rain, yeah it looks cool but there's no point when the far safer 4x4 is in the garage and readily available, may not be as cool but its far safer.

I do enjoy the game and will keep playing for the time being but i really don't see the game ever becoming more than what it is right now, yes there will be more content such as maps, weapons etc but the game-play itself wont evolve into more than it already is, players running around like idiots to try and maintain a good cost to profit ratio while other players sit and camp to kill those guys. Trader Tasks are a good addition but all they really add to the game is more spots for players to camp, Think of the Customs quest for the pocket watch, all you have to do is wait 150m away with a rifle with decent ammo and you'll get easy kills all day, i know, I've done it several times.

Sadly i think because of this somewhat forced game-play that Tarkov will eventually fall and fade away into a niche game for a smaller dedicated player base like other games such as DayZ, EvE etc, It will still be a good game, as it is even now but there's only so much bull a player is willing to take before giving up on a game and without some drastic changes to how this game is played i don't see it remaining even as popular as it is now let alone growing into something more, PVE would be a good start as it opens the doors to so many new players as well as the Mil-Sim community as a whole and would provide a much deeper and far more difficult aspect to the game than the PVP could ever hope to provide, both are fun but being locked to just one seems redundantly pointless, Tarkov has a ton of potential but i think we've seen as much as we are going to in terms of game-play and without that evolving too it just becomes a looter shooter and less of a realism-based survival game which is really sad considering it has so much potential.

All in all it's a good game but unless the Dev's lose their 'my way or no way' mentality and evolve the game-play beyond what it is then i really don't see Tarkov being around for a long time because lets face it, if you have around 30-40 hours then you've pretty much experienced all the game has to offer, its just rinse and repeat to try and build up money after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...
plastikspoon

12/6/2020 date of this post on an old topic

 

From what im reading, this game is only interesting if you don't get enough excitement in your real life. Kinda fuckin cringe.

"AWWW YEAH ITS THE THRILL, AND THE GAMBLING UHHHH IM GONNA CUM" I'd rather just go gamble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is a joke, only enjoyable to the neckbeards that have been here for over four years for this ... sack of excrement alpha.


A game where a new player gets ganked every five seconds, where playing solo equals a death sentence because none of you chads appear to be able to go out on your own.


I'm done, the game is never going to change for the people that keep it alive are the rats that enjoy killing new players they know don't have the ammo to get through their armor.


Slow clap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Overkill_Reaper

I like this game for the potential it has to be great once completed. I can’t in all honesty say I enjoy how the game currently is. Boring short gun fights with basically everyone running meta everything isn’t exactly fun imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
InsightKnight
On 12/31/2019 at 4:32 PM, Hamm said:

I still play it cause i like how my good computer cant get the FPS it should be, the lag, the stutters, the desync, and when i read that "this bug as been fixed" yet it really hasnt. Thats why i still play, and the fact that its the only thing out there that isnt a BR. 

This is where I am at as well. If Arma 4 released with some good ExileMod/EPOCH style mods I would drop Tarkov in a heartbeat. It just happens to be the best of the worst right now in an oversaturated boring industry. At some point another company will do it better. Not because of BSGs lack of care but moreso they just can not seem to get thier poo together when it comes to deployment of code.

Edited by InsightKnight
Link to post
Share on other sites
Caster89Actual
On 12/31/2019 at 3:12 AM, titsonafish said:

I'm not trying to piss people off , i don't want to get ostracized off of this forum , i just wanna have a civil discussion .

After many hours of playing ,  the magic of the game is lost to me and i am worn out and feel like quitting it forever , but if you lot could humor me for a minute and help me see the inner beauty of this game again it would be appreciated . The game is currently the most watched game on twitch , and it's audience mostly consists of police , security guards and PMC's who were looking for something more realistic , and , as someone who works in security i also agree that guns and armor all feel realistic , but i just can't find the fun in it . Realism does not always mean fun .

Every time players say what gives them fun ,stress , challenge and reward in  the game ,  they mention the looting system , how the possibility of loosing their own loot gives them stress and challenge , and how obtaining other people's loot gives them fun and reward . Looking at things objectively and long-term , i just fail to see this . So what if i get some shiny and valuable loot and riches ? It will all get deleted come next wipe  .  I don't feel happy when getting new loot because i know in a year it won't matter. Getting the same gear every year over and over again isn't fun , it is repetitive.I don't feel stress because of the possibility that i might loose my loot and i don't feel sadness once i loose it because if i loose  everything i can always wipe my account once every 3 weeks and start again  . Of course i never even did wipe my account because i didn't have to , getting profit from matches isn't difficult , and i fail to see why people have " gear fear " . There is also no competitive ranking system so i cannot feel proud and happy of my accomplishments  .

You might say " the end does not matter , the journey matters " , well the journey itself has criticism of it's own . For starters , before you even get to the journey , you must sort out your inventory , which is just a whole lot of homework . Finite inventory in video games gives you reason to plan carefully what to do with your items , and consider carefully what to keep , and what not to keep . But it seems pointless ever since the flea market got added . Why not just sell all of your items , have the money stacks occupy only a couple of slots ,  and then purchase things as you need em . You might loose 5-10% of the items price in fees when placing them on the markest and that's about it , seems like a better option than spending 30 minutes sorting items in your stash  .

No matter how people deal with their stashes , if they sell or keep or spend their  time sorting everything to look aesthetically pleasing  , it takes a lot of time and feels unescesarry and takes too long , i just want to go play the game already . I have enjoyed difficult games like dark souls , and have enjoyed realistic games like Insurgency : Sandstorm  .  This game is challenging and realistic and i like it most of the time but the randomness takes the reward away from me . People say the game is not a battle royale but to me it is just a battle royale with extra steps , those steps being : you can spawn in with some extra loot , and you do not have to kill all other players to win . It is such a random game . Here is my experience with it  : walk around for 15 minutes , engage in a firefight , and then , either win and spend yet again another 15 minutes walking until you run into someone else  , or you lose and die , go  abck to the main menu , spend at least 10 minutes sorting inventory , and then another 3 minutes waiting for the next game to load .  The game is very fun when you walk around tho ,  the stress from never knowing what is around what corner or hill will keep you on guard , but being alone in the woods gets boring , would be nice if we had a radio or voice chat , have someone to talk to  .

I realise most of my criticism is on things that the developers did say they were going to fix or add into the game , like a voice chat or radio , and arena mode , and i have no doubt that once this game is finished it will be one of the best games out there , and i am looking forward to playing it once it is out of beta  . But right now it is not that great of a game . What do you like about the game in it's current state  ? Where do you think Insurgency:Sandstorm failed , but EFT succeded ? Why  ? Hotel ? Trivago 

Because i like guns, gun parts and gun modding.

If it didn't have such a neat gun modding system i wouldn't be playing anymore.

The devs who matter and make decisions in this game couldn't Unity their way out of a wet paper bag and its getting really sad.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
S5_Mr_Wiggle

i dont i only visit the forum to keep up to date with development progress tired of getting first shots on people and having them ignore that and full auto me to death.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Lo_exe
Am 1.1.2020 um 02:57 schrieb sYs:

You might feel bad.

You might feel disappointment.

but when you succeed you feel alive

this hits it perfectly, literally overwhelming because it's so true

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...