Insurance Return Out of Time = No To Change.

Hello,

I just discovered that if I don't claim back my insured items right after they are recovered then they are lost forever.
This is a ridiculous system. What if I am traveling or busy working and cannot login?
People have lives and cannot be expected to log just to claim their insured items in Tarkov.... I mean come on. 

Anyway, does anyone know how much time I have to claim back the items once they are recovered please?
Thank you

If you insure items from Prapor, Insured items will arrive in 24-36 Hours. When They arrive, you will have 3 days until they disappear.

It is enough for anyone to collect the returns. If you have a trip, too bad you need to concede those equipments but you should have like 5 minutes in 3 days to collect all the items from insurance even at your busiest day.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
LoginTaken

Again its just more annoyance in the name of "Realism".

Serves no purpose to have the limit to begin with. Just a way to screw over those with actual lives.

• Like 3
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 2
superiozephyr

I would also agree with this, what is the point of an insurance time out other then punishing people for no reason?

Now that I have thought about it again I can see it being a thing to stop people from getting more inventory space by letting items sit until they need them.

Edited by superiozephyr
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

If you insure items from Prapor, Insured items will arrive in 24-36 Hours. When They arrive, you will have 3 days until they disappear.

It is enough for anyone to collect the returns. If you have a trip, too bad you need to concede those equipments but you should have like 5 minutes in 3 days to collect all the items from insurance even at your busiest day.

OK Thank you very much for the detailed answer.

SkyCloud
14 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

Serves no purpose to have the limit to begin with.

14 hours ago, superiozephyr said:

what is the point of an insurance time out

It serves a purpose;

Lore wise Prapor is a businness man(kinda), he won't keep the stuff infinitely for few roubles you paid. Think it like a pawn shop, if you do not show up to collect your pawned items in time, they will claim those items.

Gameplay and Inventory wise, a time out is necessary or players would use the insurance system to expand their inventory space, just dump your your stuff in a bush at shoreline, Insurance is not a extra storage system.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Could add a way to buy back unclaimed items. 

I mean if we are speaking lore wise a pawn shop could have your items a day later. Its not like someone is automatically going to sell your stuff 5 minutes after they just claim them. 

Idk still seems moronic. if the fear is still that itll be abused for stash set the limit to the amount of space used, or have a way to reclaim them somehow. 

Random note: 

I feel like insurance should be like how it is in real life for example if my house burns down and my items are insured they will pay me or replace the items. Not go in the burned down house and grab my scorched laptop. That's just my opinion though lol 

Edited by Choppywee
LoginTaken
6 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

It serves a purpose;

Lore wise Prapor is a businness man(kinda), he won't keep the stuff infinitely for few roubles you paid. Think it like a pawn shop, if you do not show up to collect your pawned items in time, they will claim those items.

Gameplay and Inventory wise, a time out is necessary or players would use the insurance system to expand their inventory space, just dump your your stuff in a bush at shoreline, Insurance is not a extra storage system.

So....

1. Its because lore.

-That is not much of an answer. By that logic why the duck are we even working with this guy and not getting the duck out ?

2. To Expand their inventory ?

Ok first off you need to die with the equipment, get it damaged and AND, hope that someone does not take it.

This is not a response. As the only people that would consider doing that would be pro-players, who would not even need to do that. It would be a impractical solution to a problem for everyone.

Again

It severs absolutely no purpose to have a time limit on claiming insurance.

SkyCloud
9 minutes ago, LoginTaken said:

2. To Expand their inventory ?

Ok first off you need to die with the equipment, get it damaged and AND, hope that someone does not take it.

It seems you have no idea how the insurance works, let me explain with a simple example;

-Fill a bag with guns

-Insure all the guns

-Go into a raid

-Hide them in a bush and continue to the raid as usual.

-Profit...

Without an expiration time this method gives you infinite space.

• Like 2
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
BracingMace
vor 8 Stunden schrieb SkyCloud:

It serves a purpose;

Great post-i agree 100%

LoginTaken
2 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

It seems you have no idea how the insurance works, let me explain with a simple example;

-Fill a bag with guns

-Insure all the guns

-Go into a raid

-Hide them in a bush and continue to the raid as usual.

-Profit...

Without an expiration time this method gives you infinite space.

Ok, and you seriously think someone will go to such length ?

The only people that would do that would be hoarders.

Kind of a silly concern.

Especially since the flea market exist.

If you don't have room, sell in on the flea market, and buy it for the same price or possibly even cheaper, when you need it latter on.

Also

REMOVE INSURANCE FOR NON-WEAPON/ARMOR accessories. (Actually just tested to see if the update fixed this, but game crashed and will not open so....don't know if still a problem)

*You can still insure items like phones, bolts etc. If this was removed there would be absolutely no problem with people using the insurance system to get extra storage.

Edited by LoginTaken
23 hours ago, SkyCloud said:

It serves a purpose;

Thanks for the explanation. I understand better why the devs chose this option.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:20 PM, LoginTaken said:

Again its just more annoyance in the name of "Realism".

I disagree, insurance in real life, aka realism in a sense, is bloody annoying. 

Underhook
On 1/1/2020 at 3:59 AM, Jeffy14 said:

Hello,

I just discovered that if I don't claim back my insured items right after they are recovered then they are lost forever.
This is a ridiculous system. What if I am traveling or busy working and cannot login?
People have lives and cannot be expected to log just to claim their insured items in Tarkov.... I mean come on. 

Anyway, does anyone know how much time I have to claim back the items once they are recovered please?
Thank you

I always assumed it was a game mechanic designed to get you to log into the game frequently.

Anyway the insurance is only worth it if you have very expensive items or friends who can hide your stuff if your killed.  As a solo player, I have found that so little ever gets returned I lose money on insurance

OneTrueLizardo
18 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

Ok, and you seriously think someone will go to such length ?

The only people that would do that would be hoarders.

So, 99% of Tarkov players? LOL

Dude, you seriously overthinking this because you just can't accept that there is a legitimate reason to not letting people use insurance as a secondary stash. You are just arguing to "save face". There is nothing wrong with admitting that you were wrong and the answer actually makes sense. 

You are just trying to shoehorn amy complex solution in while dismissing the obvious solution (=timer on insurance returns) people keep telling you. 

HOWEVER, if you stop with all the crazy DIY fixes and concentrate on the core issue that was argued that sometimes you dont have access to your computer for days and lose insurance, then the one fix that COULD be argued would be to make the timer start from the next time you log in. That way when stuff arrives in your mail and you log on after 3 weeks hiatus, the timer starts and you have like 24h to retrieve the items. No long term storage cheese, but will not screw over those who are away for longer periods of time 

• Like 2
LoginTaken
3 hours ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

then the one fix that COULD be argued would be to make the timer start from the next time you log in.

I like this.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LoginTaken said:

I like this.

Makes sense for people on no tech vacations...but I means its 2020..we all got laptops right that can play tarkov?

• Confused 1
keshlalish

it's the game, it's not meant to be friendly in any way.

wait till memory skill kick in, you will forget stuff if you don't play enough hahahaha

16 hours ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

hen the one fix that COULD be argued would be to make the timer start from the next time you log in. That way when stuff arrives in your mail and you log on after 3 weeks hiatus, the timer starts and you have like 24h to retrieve the items. No long term storage cheese, but will not screw over those who are away for longer periods of time 

Very smart. Would be great.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
scrappydappydoo

It is enough for anyone to collect the returns. If you have a trip, too bad 

duck you.  I had a few dyas off and return to this poo.  This game is a bit of a baby towards its players.  There is no need for this shitfuckery.

Ahahaha.  Big tough tarkov, such realism and has swear words in the game, but not in the forum.

At least shitfuckery works.  As in - I am sick of teh Tarkov shitfuckery.

Edited by scrappydappydoo
Springmaus
Am 31.12.2019 um 20:56 schrieb SkyCloud:

I insured my stuff using Prapor. Lost the stuff in a raid on 06.06. logged in again today 10.06. (because I will never be able to log in every day) and already got the timed out message. The week before same story. So insurance now only makes sense for people who are able to log in every two days at least. Which won't work for me. But okay, I will just stop insuring since it now only is a waste of Roubles for me.

Heisoverthere

Dont ANY of you whining people check that you can insure from Therapist? she holds it for 7 days.
It costs more , and thats that. she even returns them to you faster (20ish hours).

The amount of whine....

ps : Skycloud, you explained it perfectly. 

and YES, people would abuse the insurance system like crazy if they could (people looooove thier loot)

• Upvote 1
Springmaus
vor 21 Stunden schrieb DenOndeBonde:

Dont ANY of you whining people check that you can insure from Therapist? she holds it for 7 days.
It costs more , and thats that. she even returns them to you faster (20ish hours).

I knew that you will get you items faster if insuring by Therapist (which makes no sense if you are not playing every day). This is the first time I heard that you also have more time to get your items. Is that for sure? If yes, that would be an alternative. 

BanditMaka

People would just use them for hoarding. Be real, it ain't your stash size, plus every insurance return you ever had, plus every quest reward you ever received.
And what change, insurance has always timed out as long as I played?

• 1 month later...

> the timer start from the next time you log in.

As this is still not implemented, i assume the developer agree with the kiddos.
I have some Laptops, but i will never take those with me on my vacation.
If i'd like to stare on a Display, i do not need to travel.

As if this 'Game' would work over a wet Wifi Network...

So I will just stay with the offline mode, which will be more fun even, if the new changes give me a more skilled AI
AI also is not using RADAR or other cheats, which is the next big problem  i see no improvement.