0ptkl

Player punished from server lost connection

0ptkl
Posted (edited)

Hello.

New player here.

I wanted to do a Scav run, game connected to the instance, started loading up, then just sat at the "awaiting match to start" message. Eventually it lost connection and sent me back to the main menu.

Why is the player scav locked into the instance when this happens. I cant even exit the game to check if the connection issue is at my end as quitting the game will have me marked as a deserter. 

Why after the second attempt, do i now need to wait another 20 mins before i can attempt to try again.

Edited by 0ptkl

Gishank

Usually you will have a prompt on the main menu offering to rejoin the match if you lost connection unexpectedly either whilst in the match, or during the end stages of loading.

I can only speculate that in this case the server instance became unreachable, which is why you were unable to reconnect.

0ptkl

Yeah, i did try rejoining, and thats when i got the second disconnect.

Either way, why is the player punished for something out of their control?

Dragux
1 hour ago, Gishank said:

Usually you will have a prompt on the main menu offering to rejoin the match if you lost connection unexpectedly either whilst in the match, or during the end stages of loading.

I can only speculate that in this case the server instance became unreachable, which is why you were unable to reconnect.

Yeah well that doesn't count when servers go down when you complete a Scav run, I finished a run and before the End game screen popped up for me to take items off the scav, Servers died and about 15 minutes later they came back up... My screen still had my scav loaded and counting down 20 minute timer... first i thought they had patched something like the rumor was they said they were working on scav loadouts and broke the servers from that..

so i thought, ok... maybe scavs keep what they leave with if they die and gives you per run opportunity to take the items off or keep them etc.

I got out of Reserve with a tank battery and a kitted out AK on my back, just made out like a bandit with a good chunk of change but of course fate would have a twist.. This is the screenshot of when servers came back up, my scav helmet and weapon on back from the run  can be seen. Entered another Raid with scav and Spawned instead with a Saiga shotgun and scav vests... So disappointed i couldn't retrieve them.

spacer.pngspacer.png

str1k3r7

I've attempted to join a match with my PMC about 5-6 times now. During the load-in screen, it kicks me out with a "server connection lost" every time. I guess I'll just take the desertion strike. (As a vet, that's really messing with my brain.  I know, it's just a game, it's just a game...)  AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!