Runny_Blumpkin

Long Matching Times

Runny_Blumpkin

Is anyone else experiencing long matching times?  I have had to wait at the matching screen 10 minutes or more for a regular Customs run on my PMC and just exited out of the matching screen after waiting 15 minutes to do a scav run.  What can I do to reduce the wait time?

• Upvote 5

budracin88

At the moment the servers are a bit overloaded with the massive influx of new people.  They are working to beef up the servers.  Just a bit of growing pains at the moment.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 1

MullerSada
Posted (edited)

Before you could start a match after 2 minutes right? Now as i undestand it the server must have at least 6 PMCs, i personally dont like that, had to wait 23 minutes the other day...

Edited by MullerSada

5point5sixGUY
1 hour ago, MullerSada said:

Before you could start a match after 2 minutes right? Now as i undestand it the server must have at least 6 PMCs, i personally dont like that, had to wait 23 minutes the other day...

You're not waiting for players to join because of a lack of players like you used to do. You are waiting in line to play because there are so many players.

budracin88

Pretty much.  It's just so busy right now.  Servers busting. They are working to fix/upgrade.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Chalk4

If the que times reach over 4 minutes, I find requing up helps! 

The evidence is only anecdotal however. If this works for you please let me know!

Runny_Blumpkin

I'm sitting on a matching queue of over 16 minutes and that is not the longest I have had.  This is just not fun any more.

• Upvote 4

Runny_Blumpkin
21 hours ago, Chalk4 said:

If the que times reach over 4 minutes, I find requing up helps! 

The evidence is only anecdotal however. If this works for you please let me know!

This did NOT work for me.  I was at 28 minutes matching queue, then exited and restarted the queue.  I was not picked up for a game until after the 26 minute mark, then sat syncing with players for another 3 minutes before the deploy countdown started.  So, the current state of the game is: sit in a queue for 30 minutes or more, then you can play.  

• Sad 1

HaloStalker

these matching times are way out of hand ,  i can't believe some people are experiencing 20 min match times, i thought mine was bad. BSG needs to do something about this because the game is basically rendered unplayable in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Runny_Blumpkin

On the bright side of things, I can log into a queue, go get a frozen pizza, cook that pizza, eat that pizza, and still have time to take the dog for a walk before the raid...so we have that going for us.

• Like 5

Runny_Blumpkin

When I go to the "change server" tab on the EFT launcher, it tells me that my current server has less than 2 minute matching time... HOW THE HELL is that possible when I inconstantly wait for 30 minutes or more?!?!?!?!  How is that possible?

• Upvote 1

Vincen21

Yeah matching on customs is crazy just waited 20 min and no game.

Runny_Blumpkin
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Vincen21 said:

Yeah matching on customs is crazy just waited 20 min and no game.

I need to finish my quests there, but hell, if I cant play my PMC, I decided to scav into customs. I assume the long queue time is because SOOOOOO many people are trying to play there, so there has to be a LOT of games going.  It should be easy to just scav in.  hat would make sense, but NOPE!!!   I changed servers to the one with the LOWEST matching time, and still I am sitting here on the matching screen with my scav with 14 minutes and counting JUST FOR A SCAV RUN!  Why is it taking so long to just scav in?  This is RIDICULOUS!!!

What is more frustrating is that I see these Twitch TV guys getting into the game in just a couple minutes.  Its like they have been given priority access to promote the game.  If they had the same access that we do, then no one would want to play it.  I would love to see a Twitch guy showing a loading screen for over 30 minutes.... 

Edited by Runny_Blumpkin
Rant
  • Like 1

Chalk4
5 hours ago, Runny_Blumpkin said:

This did NOT work for me.  I was at 28 minutes matching queue, then exited and restarted the queue.  I was not picked up for a game until after the 26 minute mark, then sat syncing with players for another 3 minutes before the deploy countdown started.  So, the current state of the game is: sit in a queue for 30 minutes or more, then you can play.  

I'm sorry to hear that. As time goes on server stability will improve, and so should matching times. I wish you luck! 

Truth_

Excuse my ignorance, but how does having more players make matches take longer to occur? It needs to find 6-12 people for Customs, and there's over 20 I can see looking for a group and surely very many more already queued and waiting to play.

Is it that the servers hit capacity and have to wait for a match to end to begin a new one?

Dambuster1234

I've qeued for customs for 40 mins how can you guys not account for the massive influx of players when you should've expected it anyways

sturdypencil

This Que times are ridiculous in my opinion, I don't see any developer addressing any of the Que problems at the moment. Which basically renders the game unplayable which kills off the new player base which Tarkov needs.

• Like 1

GhostZ69
3 hours ago, Dambuster1234 said:

I've qeued for customs for 40 mins how can you guys not account for the massive influx of players when you should've expected it anyways

What?  Why would they expect new players after their biggest and most expensive PR/advertising campaign ever?  That is just silly.

Over 10 minutes in a que to get into customs now.

• Like 1

Druki
Posted (edited)

Had the same issues, with all the waiting, i was done with eft.
Off hand meation to a rl friend this, she said you could join multi servers.
  *facepalm*
   So joined all servers under 100 ping, pending on time of day get in a raid under 5 min, max.
      Yet woth overloading it can be more like 5min.

TDLR join ALL server with your personal ping, soz if you have but that havent been meantioned here

Edited by Druki
Am drunk

Thisguy710

Was playing by myself i could get into a match within 4 minutes on any map.

With a group its a totally different story. Waited so long 15+ minutes on 2 different maps one of my buddies decided to go play something else. You would figure they would integrate new servers as fast as possible but it seems like they are waiting to do so for some unknown reason. 

These times are pushing people away from the game.

B1M3X8

Just waited 30 mins for Customs. Gave up. Refund? 

• Like 2

sturdypencil
14 minutes ago, B1M3X8 said:

Just waited 30 mins for Customs. Gave up. Refund? 

No refunds sorry bud xD

• Like 1

B1M3X8
Just now, sturdypencil said:

No refunds sorry bud xD

Is that a challenge? lol

sturdypencil
15 minutes ago, B1M3X8 said:

Is that a challenge? lol

😂 You will probably have to wait to refund because so many others are doing the same.

rbow04

I'm sitting at 34 minutes currently...