QuickkNastyy

Checksum Error Solution Can't be Viewed

QuickkNastyy

Not sure where I should be posting this. 

I have the checksum does not match error. I have tried a bunch of stuff. There is a thread here that is closed that has a solution at the end. For some reason it says "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it." Why can't I view the solution???

supportme

just as the download finishes, pause the download, open the folder its downloading too, open the file it was downloading with winrar and extract, than restart launcher and " repair "

i had the same issue too a while to work around it, for some reason the launcher was sending out corrupted updates for me and getting the same error, this is a quick fix, once you repair the game will be fine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Mevyan

I've the same problem but i can't install the game 1301768877_Othererrormessage.thumb.png.1af6bed4e6cdce620987b820448e7b81.png

• Upvote 1

SirSilky

I fixed it myself last night, made a post here to follow - upvote if it helps please. - 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

COOKIE32

Hello so I had that Issue just now (13.03.2020 patch 0.12.4)

I managed to fix it by first of all finding and opening my temp folder 

then you let the download run through once the "checking" part start you want to close the launcher, just so checking wont get completed because if cheking gets completed the temp file is going to get deleted

then you open your temp file with winrar/7zip it should be called something like (live)EFTClientDistr.[patch version].distr.tmp now you copy it to your game directory and just past it there.

now you just unpack it there (ignore all errors) and once its done you start the launcher and click on "repair" that should fix the issue

I hope that helped someone  

• Upvote 1

AndrewRobinson1

I'm having the same problem as Mevyan, the Checksum error appears when trying to install the game, I haven't been able to get to the point where it's checking files

3s1k
Posted (edited)

My son is having the same "Checksum" issue. We tried other fixes like disabling anti-virus and turning off windows firewall. None of that worked.

We are going to try what the SirSilky and Cookie32 posted above and hopefully it works. Funny thing is I was able to download and install EFT with 0 issues. I was playing withing 20min of logging in and downloading the launcher.

Edited by 3s1k

3s1k

I just wanted to follow up that the steps outlined above did work. We closed the launcher before it did the integrity check. Unziped the files and copy/paste them to \eft (live) and restarted the launcher. It opened up and said Play and we are in business.

Thanks everyone for the help.

ottomatik

Same issue happening for me.  I've tried the workaround.  Once the repair is complete, the game wants to update.  The update bombs out and prompts for a repair.  This cycle continues in an endless loop.   Note this is a fresh install and despite paying for the game, it won't install on an updated Win10 rig. 

I also opened a ticket on Sat w/out a response. 

Any advice from the community will be appreciated! 

Hama75

Soo, same pb from me, can someone that worked this way out can help, i ll really appreicate it