Checksum Error Solution Can't be Viewed

QuickkNastyy

QuickkNastyy

Not sure where I should be posting this. 

I have the checksum does not match error. I have tried a bunch of stuff. There is a thread here that is closed that has a solution at the end. For some reason it says "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it." Why can't I view the solution???

just as the download finishes, pause the download, open the folder its downloading too, open the file it was downloading with winrar and extract, than restart launcher and " repair "

i had the same issue too a while to work around it, for some reason the launcher was sending out corrupted updates for me and getting the same error, this is a quick fix, once you repair the game will be fine

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

Hello so I had that Issue just now (13.03.2020 patch 0.12.4)

I managed to fix it by first of all finding and opening my temp folder 

then you let the download run through once the "checking" part start you want to close the launcher, just so checking wont get completed because if cheking gets completed the temp file is going to get deleted

then you open your temp file with winrar/7zip it should be called something like (live)EFTClientDistr.[patch version].distr.tmp now you copy it to your game directory and just past it there.

now you just unpack it there (ignore all errors) and once its done you start the launcher and click on "repair" that should fix the issue

I hope that helped someone  

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
AndrewRobinson1

I'm having the same problem as Mevyan, the Checksum error appears when trying to install the game, I haven't been able to get to the point where it's checking files

My son is having the same "Checksum" issue. We tried other fixes like disabling anti-virus and turning off windows firewall. None of that worked.

We are going to try what the SirSilky and Cookie32 posted above and hopefully it works. Funny thing is I was able to download and install EFT with 0 issues. I was playing withing 20min of logging in and downloading the launcher.

Edited by 3s1k

I just wanted to follow up that the steps outlined above did work. We closed the launcher before it did the integrity check. Unziped the files and copy/paste them to \eft (live) and restarted the launcher. It opened up and said Play and we are in business.

Thanks everyone for the help.

ottomatik

Same issue happening for me.  I've tried the workaround.  Once the repair is complete, the game wants to update.  The update bombs out and prompts for a repair.  This cycle continues in an endless loop.   Note this is a fresh install and despite paying for the game, it won't install on an updated Win10 rig. 

I also opened a ticket on Sat w/out a response. 

Any advice from the community will be appreciated! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
d1ck-ya-down-da

I have been having this issue and have tried every fix i can find either on here or Reddit. Big issue I'm noticing is that i cant find the files literally anywhere on my computer. No matter which fix or which files it wants me to mess with either by stopping during file checking or just before. I have disabled all firewalls and antivirus and run under administrator and attempted on separate drives. Anyone got any other possible fixes?

• 1 month later...
TheeWizardXP

I have found a solution after hours of research and trouble shooting. It may or may not work for you depending on you ISP, Router, etc...

In the past I have tried the above with failed attempts and 1 successful attempt while deleting registry values for Escape From Tarkov. The main problem with a checksum error in general is that the data becomes corrupted during the download. That being said, the client for Escape From Tarkov as of now will always want to restart the download to obtain the uncorrupt data and files by default. That's why your stuck there continually trying to re-download and install the game. I came across a thread that pretty much filled in the missing piece to the puzzle. Since I was downloading over wifi! I hope this may be the solution for you. If your not connected with an ethernet cable you may want to get one. After hours of anguish my problem was solved by not downloading over WIFI! What the heck! fix your dang client so we can download over wifi and avoid this right?

The only other solution for this problem was:

1.Obtain multiple copies of Escape from Tarkov compressed into a zip file.

2. Test the zip file with 7zip to calculate how many errors and which files were corrupt (7zip will tell you which files are corrupt) Those are the ones you need!

3. Choose the zip file with the least amount of errors and pinpoint which files you need.

4. find the zip file that has the uncorrupt files you need and place them all in the same folder. ( you may have to Knitpick and download multiple copies of Escape from Tarkov in a zip to finally get the files you need!)

5. Once you have all the uncorrupt files in 1 folder place them in your Escape from Tarkov Directory folder (Like if the game downloaded normally)

6. Run your BSG Launcher and everything should work. (Hopefully)

Hope it works!

• Like 1
TheeWizardXP

Ok so it shows that you only have 4 errors which isnt bad considering mine had over 75 when I was doing this. keep that zip file that you posted in the pic.

Basically your going to want to download another copy of this zip file and test that zip as well.

All we are doing is swapping the good files to the zip folder with the least amount of errors. ( you might download a zip file with 25 errors! but they might be completely different corrupt files then the ones listed above)

once you have a folder without any errors place it in your battle state games directory like if it naturally installed to a location on your pc.

Once you run launcher you should be able to play.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your quick reply.

For some reason I assumed you'd take longer for you to reply so I didn't bother checking the thread till yesterday.

anyways, I managed to get it working by reformatting my system. first i formatted my usb to ntfs using gparted, then I downloaded the 'windows media tool 2004' and used it directly to create a bootable win10 os installer. after installation and reboot; i prevented windows10 from updating the graphics drivers automatically, so that I can download the latest driver manually. after driver was installed, I rebooted and started updating the system. after it completed, I rebooted, and downloaded EFT.

I right clicked the launcher installer, 'run as administrator' and install the launcher. Once done, I right clicked the installed launcher, 'run as administrator'. I Installed the game with no error after it completion with no finger crossing involved. although it gave me the 'repair' button instead of play; so I let it repair, and voilà! it worked!

Thanks again TheeWizardXP for helping me out. Much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Youngspawn89

We are in 2020, I must live on another Planet. This forum have any kind of support, or this is a like steam forum with frustrated people, who try to help each other?

how can't they not make a Client that don't do that?

Do I have to use 15min of my life everytime. How much money do they need me to donate to Russian federation to fix this?

Edited by Youngspawn89
Youngspawn89
On 9/27/2020 at 6:31 AM, TheeWizardXP said:

Ok so it shows that you only have 4 errors which isnt bad considering mine had over 75 when I was doing this. keep that zip file that you posted in the pic.

Basically your going to want to download another copy of this zip file and test that zip as well.

All we are doing is swapping the good files to the zip folder with the least amount of errors. ( you might download a zip file with 25 errors! but they might be completely different corrupt files then the ones listed above)

once you have a folder without any errors place it in your battle state games directory like if it naturally installed to a location on your pc.

Once you run launcher you should be able to play.

I have to download the full game down again to play it, even if its stupid 7 mb patch.......... Really?

With just overwrite the patch files to the Live files and click repair don't fix anything for me. 

I dont want to waste a day on this everytime there is a patch. Keep it in a Beta and people don't have right complain or get a fix ? Instead of download again, zip , overwrite.......???

• 2 weeks later...
gameplayraja

Why do we the players A.K.A. consumers have to fix this issue? Battle State Games needs to just allow us to download the GAME FILES directly on their site via TORRENT and boom problem solved. This is such a big headache. It took a lot of convincing to get my friend playing this game and now he has this "Downloaded file checksum does not match" error for the 8th time in a row and he is about to refund the game. 

• 3 months later...
Schnibbs87

I have the same issue, the workaround with repairing via the launcher just pops open another error message.

Tired everything the internet has to offer, nothing works...

sYs

Your internet provider is throttling connection. 

Hence incomplete downloads.

Use a free vpn like protonvpn.com and download game while connected to it.

@Schnibbs87

Usually affects comcast users, virgin mybt etc... ;) the ones that come with "internet protection" enabled by default. 

Schnibbs87

I finally did it :D

What worked was the following:

download directly 2 times from browser, download link is in BSG launcher logfile (you have to start a downloa via the launcher first)
check zip file with 7zip (most likely some files will be broken)
unzip the file to your desired directory
replace broken files with intact files from second zip file
set the correct path in the game launcher
Play

• 2 months later...
NessuTarkov
On 9/20/2020 at 5:45 AM, TheeWizardXP said:

I have found a solution after hours of research and trouble shooting. It may or may not work for you depending on you ISP, Router, etc...

In the past I have tried the above with failed attempts and 1 successful attempt while deleting registry values for Escape From Tarkov. The main problem with a checksum error in general is that the data becomes corrupted during the download. That being said, the client for Escape From Tarkov as of now will always want to restart the download to obtain the uncorrupt data and files by default. That's why your stuck there continually trying to re-download and install the game. I came across a thread that pretty much filled in the missing piece to the puzzle. Since I was downloading over wifi! I hope this may be the solution for you. If your not connected with an ethernet cable you may want to get one. After hours of anguish my problem was solved by not downloading over WIFI! What the heck! fix your dang client so we can download over wifi and avoid this right?

The only other solution for this problem was:

1.Obtain multiple copies of Escape from Tarkov compressed into a zip file.

2. Test the zip file with 7zip to calculate how many errors and which files were corrupt (7zip will tell you which files are corrupt) Those are the ones you need!

3. Choose the zip file with the least amount of errors and pinpoint which files you need.

4. find the zip file that has the uncorrupt files you need and place them all in the same folder. ( you may have to Knitpick and download multiple copies of Escape from Tarkov in a zip to finally get the files you need!)

5. Once you have all the uncorrupt files in 1 folder place them in your Escape from Tarkov Directory folder (Like if the game downloaded normally)

6. Run your BSG Launcher and everything should work. (Hopefully)

Hope it works!

How were you sure a wifi connection is what caused the problem? I've tried a lot of solutions but don't yet have access to an ethernet cable, so I can't test or be sure whether my wifi connection is causing the issue.