Can we stop DROP Event?

DavidArmstrong1

DavidArmstrong1

Hey girls and boys,

I have one question. Can we finally stop this drop event on twitch? Because the servers are lagging and everything loads very long.

I mean all of the players should have enough loot already.

So instead of letting this event run, it would be nice to stop it and be able to play it without lags again.

What do you think about it?

Greetings

David

Edited by DavidArmstrong1
  • Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
DavidArmstrong1

This isn't true Mr. Prt1zn. Drop event cause massive lags already inside the market and lobby.

isakly123

Maybe it has something to do with EFT being the most watched game on Twitch, which directly leads to more people playing the game? BSG themselfs said that a new influx of players are killing the servers. There's a reason why the servers are fine in the morning while they collapse when people get home from work.

• Upvote 1
DavidArmstrong1

Traffic between Twitch and the Tarkov servers leads to massive lags inside the lobby, loading profile, loading eq, traders, buying, selling, market actions, insurance, player invite. As soon as i join a server there are no problems. So the reason is the drop event on twitch.

So please stop this drop event already. There will be a wipe anyway. So you guys are not able to keep the goodies. It's a good marketing strategy but it should be stopped if the players get issues. We face problems by performing simple tasks as described before and also when we want to invite each other to get into a raid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
isakly123
6 minutes ago, DavidArmstrong1 said:

Traffic between Twitch and the Tarkov servers leads to massive lags inside the lobby, loading profile, loading eq, traders, buying, selling, market actions, insurance, player invite. As soon as i join a server there are no problems. So the reason is the drop event on twitch.

So please stop this drop event already. There will be a wipe anyway. So you guys are not able to keep the goodies. It's a good marketing strategy but it should be stopped if the players get issues. We face problems by performing simple tasks as described before and also when we want to invite each other to get into a raid.

BSG are literally upgrading the entire server infrastructure as we speak. There's no need to stop the event, as the lag will hopefully be fixed within a few days.

DavidArmstrong1

Okay, within a few days. But today is friday. Weekend. Normal ppl doing hobbys on weekend. Normaly during the week they are working. My hobby is to test and play video games. So whats the problem with stopping this event? As i was saying before, you cant keep this items. There will be a wipe.

@BSG Can you guys increase the time for giving the drops away? Like 1 item per day. So maybe this will reduce the lags. Please.

isakly123
19 minutes ago, DavidArmstrong1 said:

Okay, within a few days. But today is friday. Weekend. Normal ppl doing hobbys on weekend. Normaly during the week they are working. My hobby is to test and play video games. So whats the problem with stopping this event? As i was saying before, you cant keep this items. There will be a wipe.

@BSG Can you guys increase the time for giving the drops away? Like 1 item per day. So maybe this will reduce the lags. Please.

The event will be over in two days. I think you can stick this one out, especially since it's earning BSG a shitload of money.

DavidArmstrong1

All of your posts are not helping at all Trollmato. I am just trying to report problems within the game, and lead to solution from devs for all of us. Included YOU! I don't understand your reaction.

Keep having issues with insurence, my mate has problems with loading a magazine.

EDIT: Can't insure my stuff. Few days ago everything was fine.

isakly123
7 minutes ago, DavidArmstrong1 said:

All of your posts are not helping at all Trollmato. I am just trying to report problems within the game, and lead to solution from devs for all of us. Included YOU! I don't understand your reaction.

Keep having issues with insurence, my mate has problems with loading a magazine.

EDIT: Can't insure my stuff. Few days ago everything was fine.

Like I have already stated. The servers are being upgrade, and the devs have literally acknowledged the problem in form of a disclaimer at the top of the site. Stopping the event won't make much of a difference since there are ALOT of new players that are causing these issues.

Advertising is important. This is the peak of the game's popularity, but advertising for a broken product is poor. Especially when the product does not work through the advertisement.

1 hour ago, DavidArmstrong1 said:

Hey girls and boys,

I have one question. Can we finally stop this drop event on twitch? Because the servers are lagging and everything loads very long.

So instead of letting this event run, it would be nice to stop it and be able to play it without lags again.

Greetings

David

I wanna know what's the point of these events? Besides taking up time in furthering the games progress. I mean the servers will always reach a wipe with every major update. Until "full release". So are these event's absolutely necessary? On top of that it really does screw up the flea markets economy.

Are these event's test runs that will happen when the game reaches "full release"?

I say stop completely with these events and finish the damn game. Instead of wasting time on these little distractions. But that's just me cause I really don't care for any holiday.

Edited by Cloak
  • Like 1
DavidArmstrong1

@isakly123 This isn't true. Immediately STOP of the Event will solve the lags.

Just imagine, new player buy this game for 25 $ or something, he wants to play,  but it not works, and he is not able to join his stash or

gets freezes inside the lobby. It's a game killer not advertisement. That's why i created this thread as well.

I want to play and this event is killing the game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
redrockt990

I think this is an important event for BSG from a business perspective. It's a huge marketing push, just like getting Shroud playing, which means $$$ for BSG. Maybe BSG will use that $$$ for new servers,  they've invested in the game like no others... so let's drink to that bratya! 

sitreetard
16 hours ago, DavidArmstrong1 said:

@isakly123 This isn't true. Immediately STOP of the Event will solve the lags.

Just imagine, new player buy this game for 25 $ or something, he wants to play,  but it not works, and he is not able to join his stash or

gets freezes inside the lobby. It's a game killer not advertisement. That's why i created this thread as well.

I want to play and this event is killing the game.

Stopping the event won't do anything, except stop the game from reaching further popularity in the gaming community. There have been PLENTY of games with scuffed betas that have done FAR worse than ETF. I agree the developers should have processed the server upgrades before initiating the events, but stopping the events will only hurt the community in the long run. 

* The comment I made about it hurting the community, is in regards to the playerbase. The events have been an awesome result to the games development and management team. They've made ALOT of money from the purchases, thus allowing them to pay the developers and further development to a greater peak. 

If you are going to complain about things you need to see it from both sides.

18 hours ago, DavidArmstrong1 said:

Hey girls and boys,

Greetings

David

It's not about loot.

It's about attracting new players

New players = more money

more money = better servers and living  and development conditions for BSG

better servers and living  and development conditions for BSG = better game

Edited by sYs
  • Upvote 2
Acid_Flash
vor 19 Stunden schrieb DavidArmstrong1:

Hey girls and boys,

Greetings

David

Hey David,

sorry to tell you but stopping the event wont reduce the lags.

The lags and the slow response are because we have so much new players attracted by this event.

Server infrastructure is overladed.

I don't know who told you that the drops cause the lags, but that is absolutly false.

BR

Acid