Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zilare

Crazy long matchmaking wait times

Recommended Posts

Zilare

All before and during the twitch event I had no problem getting into matches quickly, but now since the twitch event ended its taking upwards of 15 minutes to get into a game. Anyone know whats going on here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimm285

check out the other 20 posts about this and BSG's servers.  They will get them fixed/updated/more of them as soon as they can.  currently it just depends on player pop times aka after work times are going to be the heaviest traffic on game.  Also depends on the map it seems the way there servers have worked is X amount of servers per map so if one map is taking too long try a different one because its just too many people trying to get on that map

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shryke

Just waited 45 minutes in queue for Shoreline. Never made it in. 15 minutes for other maps, no joy.

 

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME, BSG. AN HOUR OF WAITING WITH ZERO GAMES STARTED?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
t-0

I waited in queues for at least 15min each for customs, reserve, factory as scav and PMC on Australian servers with no matches. It's pretty disappointing

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloak

It's hilarious when I see these kinda of posts. Cause people expect to play the game but it's no where near that kind of condition to be that relied on. It's still in "beta testing".

And how hard this game is another funny one. Cause people don't realize they're playing on maps that are farther down the road. Meaning you're not suppose to start off with these maps. 🤭

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeroCool187

this is not acceptable. i paid 100$ expecting to play online. third day in a row the waits are infuriating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GhostZ69
6 hours ago, Cloak said:

It's hilarious when I see these kinda of posts. Cause people expect to play the game but it's no where near that kind of condition to be that relied on. It's still in "beta testing".

And how hard this game is another funny one. Cause people don't realize they're playing on maps that are farther down the road. Meaning you're not suppose to start off with these maps. 🤭

It's hilarious when I see this kind of post.  Cause people want to excuse the game cause it's "Beta Testing" 4 years after the proposed release date.

And how hard people laugh at other people because they think they even have some remote idea of what maps are going to be first or last or how hard they are supposed to be after the game releases.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beretta7

When the game first came out for preorder and went live it was stupid like this also.  Funny thing is they likely won't upgrade their servers to take care of demand.  They got a quick jolt of cash and they'll wait for players to get sick of the waits and leave just like when they went live.  Good business BSG!  That's not how you grow a game fellas.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cloak
19 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

It's hilarious when I see this kind of post.  Cause people want to excuse the game cause it's "Beta Testing" 4 years after the proposed release date.

And how hard people laugh at other people because they think they even have some remote idea of what maps are going to be first or last or how hard they are supposed to be after the game releases.

Woah Kid! Calm down! 🤣

I wasn't trying to excuse the game but simply pointing out. If you're dumb enough to buy a game without knowing or even knowing it's incomplete. Then act entitled to stable service. It's asinine.

As for it not hitting it's target date. Is a completely another topic. And I am not happy with the developers about sending false impressions that game was going to be complete as soon as closed beta was done neither. But you just gotta move on. "Nut up or shut up."

And what I have next to say, hopefully gets your panties out of a bunch. We do know where we are going to start. If you'd watched the last stream with Nikita you'd know too. But here it is.

And there is no confusion what maps are going to be harder or easier. They will all probably be hard since Nikitia is hellbent on not making this a walk in the park.

 

18 hours ago, beretta7 said:

 Funny thing is they likely won't upgrade their servers to take care of demand. 

That's quite the assumption. But I still wouldn't blame developers. It's not like they're EA with disposable income to run top of the line servers from day one. This is after all their first game. To my knowledge anyways. The game is still in testing therefore no need to invest all your resources into stable servers. Cause the problem would still persist. I'm sure once all the content is in the game and is optimize. They will probably have even better servers running. Cause of course more people will take interest in the game. Hopefully.  If it's not dead by then. 😏

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GhostZ69
2 hours ago, Cloak said:

Woah Kid! Calm down! 🤣

Kid?  I am probably old enough to be your dad.

 

2 hours ago, Cloak said:

Then act entitled to stable service.

It's BETA.  It SHOULD be a stable service.  It is a BETA two years going.  It SHOULD DEFINITELY be a stable service.  If it were an Alpha?  Meh, not stable, acceptable.

2 hours ago, Cloak said:

We do know where we are going to start. If you'd watched the last stream with Nikita you'd know too.

He said the first mission was an offline mission.  Did not mention any order of the maps.  Unless I missed it.  If I did, it is because I can't stand watching those streams. Sorry if I missed it again even with the link.

2 hours ago, Cloak said:

And there is no confusion what maps are going to be harder or easier. They will all probably be hard since Nikitia is hellbent on not making this a walk in the park.

I sure as heck hope so.  I hope they all get harder, we better, smarter AI and a more live and interactive map.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gwoody

hate to see it bois

tarkov shit.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ildefonse

Doesn't matter the map, the queue times suck bad for the last week. Peak hours for NA(ie. 8pm PST), servers should be available. Maybe the plan is to just let the population dwindle by dissatisfied players abandoning the game. Maybe not. We don't know because the devs have not even acknowledged the issue or communicated to the player base about it.

2020-01-06[21-39] (0).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrGloomz

Doesn't seem to matter what map I choose - long ass queue times. Sit in Match... for 15 minutes just to get 1-tapped 30 seconds into actually loading into the raid. 

Nothing else we can really do - just hope they fix this and are expeditious about it.

Edit: Just started streaming this game too and the wait-time is extra killer.

Edited by thugonomics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bradsour

Bought the game over the weekend and didn't really get to play all that many matches. Disappointed with having to wait longer than being able to play by like 4 to 1. If this is due to volume then they really need to add more servers. There are streamers playing this game now which is going to bring more players to the platform, we need more servers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soggypaddle
6 hours ago, bradsour said:

Bought the game over the weekend and didn't really get to play all that many matches. Disappointed with having to wait longer than being able to play by like 4 to 1. If this is due to volume then they really need to add more servers. There are streamers playing this game now which is going to bring more players to the platform, we need more servers!

I am in the same boat, just bought the game yesterday but have only been able to play a few times. Tried again today, figured the wait times would be better in the morning since it's non "peak" times, but still the same issue. currently waiting for nearly 50 minutes and it's now 12:39pm where I am (west coast Canada). Now just witnessed a streamer join a queue for the same map (Customs) and got in within couple minutes. Really regretting my purchase at the moment.

eft-wait-time.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bradsour

So I played last night and did it solo and was able to find matches in less than 5 minutes. So solo play is the way to go right now. Tried doing a duo once and got to 8 minutes with nothing. Backed out and went back to solo. They need to fix the multiplayer matching so I can play with my buddy. I do see other squads in the game, but they must just be waiting forever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mihaaaawk

Well solo que is 5-10mins too for me, its so annoying -.- and i only choose EU servers cause im from germany its like 12 good ping servers......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RainmakerM4

Seems to me you boys are getting absolutely demolished.

Edited by RainmakerM4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skemba

Try and select auto server selection for the time being. See if it helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raffko

I have had some luck selecting EU servers (I live in the US) during peak hours for NA. BSG is doing what they can I am sure. I don't think anyone expected this game to blow up in popularity like it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
icecreamshampoo
13 minutes ago, Raffko said:

I have had some luck selecting EU servers (I live in the US) during peak hours for NA. BSG is doing what they can I am sure. I don't think anyone expected this game to blow up in popularity like it did.

Where is the proof? Everyone keeps saying this. I don't see any new players in EFT. If we have so many new players, where are they? I keep going up against veteran players with 60 round AP mags and Class 6 armor.

The whole new influx of players is a complete joke. If it is an influx of new players, why not upgrade servers? Is BSG really that short on money after selling 90$ editions of the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skemba
7 minutes ago, icecreamshampoo said:

Where is the proof? Everyone keeps saying this. I don't see any new players in EFT. If we have so many new players, where are they? I keep going up against veteran players with 60 round AP mags and Class 6 armor.

The whole new influx of players is a complete joke. If it is an influx of new players, why not upgrade servers? Is BSG really that short on money after selling 90$ editions of the game?

Well, you seem to be pretty new, so that's one.

I'm sure there are plenty more like yourself since I've been reading nothing but "waiting simulator" posts last couple of days.

You can be lvl 6 and have a Fort and top of the line gear if you can use what the game provides you. Gear is no indicator of status. I'm lvl 40 and still like to play naked with a TOZ.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raffko
12 minutes ago, icecreamshampoo said:

Where is the proof? Everyone keeps saying this. I don't see any new players in EFT. If we have so many new players, where are they? I keep going up against veteran players with 60 round AP mags and Class 6 armor.

The whole new influx of players is a complete joke. If it is an influx of new players, why not upgrade servers? Is BSG really that short on money after selling 90$ editions of the game?

I think you are grossly underestimating the complexity of supporting a game of this scale, by an independently run development studio of their size.

 

And I will echo what many others have said... You bought this game knowing it is in BETA. You can't expect a bug-free fully polished title--I certainly didn't.

 

Cheers ✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
icecreamshampoo
11 minutes ago, Skemba said:

Well, you seem to be pretty new, so that's one.

I'm sure there are plenty more like yourself since I've been reading nothing but "waiting simulator" posts last couple of days.

You can be lvl 6 and have a Fort and top of the line gear if you can use what the game provides you. Gear is no indicator of status. I'm lvl 40 and still like to play naked with a TOZ.

Im not new. I been playing for over 2 years. ????

Edited by icecreamshampoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skemba
45 minutes ago, icecreamshampoo said:

Im not new. I been playing for over 2 years. ????

Guess you should know better then.

  • Cold 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2