BaronSkilith

Really long matching times?

BaronSkilith

What's up with the matching times being so long? My two friends and I are interested in playing this game after taking a year off of games for college, and when two of us played a few days ago we were regularly waiting over five minutes just for the matching phase. We'd have everything loaded within a minute and a half tops, but the matching section would at the very least triple our wait times, for a match that could last a couple seconds. It just seems unreal to me, considering how in the past we'd be able to join matches within three minutes on the worst of days. If anyone would be able to explain why this is an occurrence and when/if it'll be fixed, I'd love to hear from you. Cheers.

• Like 2

NotoriousFern

This is due to the influx of players from the twitch drop event. Most servers are full to the brim and its hard for you to be allocated space in a lobby. When you queue on your own you will have better luck finding a server than with a friend, because not only will it have to allocate for two spaces but it will also have to find the best server medium for the both of you, which takes longer. I also play with a duo and currently the only map we can queue into is Labs due to the less number of new players on the map most servers are empty. At the moment you should automatically be able to join after around 6 minutes from my personal experience, otherwise I can only recommend solo queue until servers stabilize again. Anyways, hope it helped and make sure both you guys have automatic server choice enabled on the launcher instead of select servers otherwise you will only make load times longer :)

Sleepyyy
6 hours ago, BaronSkilith said:

What's up with the matching times being so long? My two friends and I are interested in playing this game after taking a year off of games for college, and when two of us played a few days ago we were regularly waiting over five minutes just for the matching phase. We'd have everything loaded within a minute and a half tops, but the matching section would at the very least triple our wait times, for a match that could last a couple seconds. It just seems unreal to me, considering how in the past we'd be able to join matches within three minutes on the worst of days. If anyone would be able to explain why this is an occurrence and when/if it'll be fixed, I'd love to hear from you. Cheers.

Just out of curiosity, which map are you guys trying to load in? I've been encountering long matching queues as a scavenger into reserve playing with a group of people. Also make sure if you want faster queues to have the servers in automatic in your region, that goes for the person sending in the invites.

BaronSkilith
On 1/8/2020 at 9:33 AM, NotoriousFern said:

This is due to the influx of players from the twitch drop event. Most servers are full to the brim and its hard for you to be allocated space in a lobby. When you queue on your own you will have better luck finding a server than with a friend, because not only will it have to allocate for two spaces but it will also have to find the best server medium for the both of you, which takes longer. I also play with a duo and currently the only map we can queue into is Labs due to the less number of new players on the map most servers are empty. At the moment you should automatically be able to join after around 6 minutes from my personal experience, otherwise I can only recommend solo queue until servers stabilize again. Anyways, hope it helped and make sure both you guys have automatic server choice enabled on the launcher instead of select servers otherwise you will only make load times longer :)

Thanks for the advice. My mates and I live within ten minutes of each other, but we are in a major US city, so that might factor into the server problem. I guess we've just gotta tough it out until the servers are fixed haha. Thanks for the information and help!

BaronSkilith
On 1/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, Sleepyyy said:

Just out of curiosity, which map are you guys trying to load in? I've been encountering long matching queues as a scavenger into reserve playing with a group of people. Also make sure if you want faster queues to have the servers in automatic in your region, that goes for the person sending in the invites.

We mainly tried to do Duo Customs runs, as it has always been our go-to map in Tarkov. We know it the best and although we've been wiped countless times there, it still manages to be fun haha. That goes for both PMC and Scav raids, but I also tried a Solo run on Factory and gave up after I believe... six minutes? It was a good amount of time.

But yeah, I saw the setting the servers to automatic in NotoriousFern's post, so I've got to try it now. Hopefully it'll at least lessen the problem by a decent degree. If not, our group might just wait until the servers are fixed before we join again. Thanks for the advice!!

• Like 1

GhostZ69
On 1/8/2020 at 8:43 AM, Sleepyyy said:

Also make sure if you want faster queues to have the servers in automatic in your region

Odd, this goes directly against the advice I was given that worked wonders for me.  I was told do NOT have it on automatic.  I was told to select the four servers that had the lowest matching time and with the best ping.  I went from having 15 minute ques to having 5 minute ques.

• Sad 1

polarticus

still experience massive matching times too. 

Sleepyyy
7 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

Odd, this goes directly against the advice I was given that worked wonders for me.  I was told do NOT have it on automatic.  I was told to select the four servers that had the lowest matching time and with the best ping.  I went from having 15 minute ques to having 5 minute ques.

I mean that doesn't make sense to me, no offense, the more servers you have selected should mean the more players you are queueing up with, which should mean in the end you have less queueing times, no? Simply because after all if you queue on a specific server you will need "specific people" to play with, in automatic servers you are queued with anyone so things should be smooth? At least that's how I see it and why I play in auto other than specific servers.

GhostZ69
9 minutes ago, Sleepyyy said:

I mean that doesn't make sense to me, no offense, the more servers you have selected should mean the more players you are queueing up with, which should mean in the end you have less queueing times, no? Simply because after all if you queue on a specific server you will need "specific people" to play with, in automatic servers you are queued with anyone so things should be smooth? At least that's how I see it and why I play in auto other than specific servers.

I know.  It completely goes against logic.  It does work though, try it.  I thought the guy that told me that on here was nuts.  I think I might know why it works though.

The way we THINK it works is that there is this bug pool of people all waiting on enough that have similar servers as us.  Once it gets 8 of us, or how many it needs to start it chooses a server location and drops us all there.

In reality the way I "think" it works now is this.  When you hit join game, it looks for a server with enough slots available for you or your group from the list you have selected.  The second it finds available slots it puts you there.  Then it waits for other players.  It could be a busy server, it could be a slow server.  That is why I think if you are in a group it takes longer because when you have 5 of the 8 slots filled and there are only other 4-5 man groups looking it takes so long.

No idea how it really works though.  Just pure speculation. 

• Upvote 2

LrdVoldedork

Trying to queue in right now -- been trying for the last 1.5 hours.  I understand that they are working on servers, but sheesh.  I think the main issue is that the system displaying server pings and wait times is completely wrong.  Right now I'm trying to log into a server that's telling me it has a 2 minute wait time,  but I'm basically unable to load in. 

1badrebel

Select all servers with less than 150 ping. I never wait more than 2-3 minutes.

kennyream66
43 minutes ago, 1badrebel said:

Select all servers with less than 150 ping. I never wait more than 2-3 minutes.

Is this solo or as a group? My group of 3 waited for 25 minutes before we backed out.

• Upvote 1

QTL7

I am constantly having more issues playing with my friend than when I queue solo. i queue solo never in a queue more than like 8 minutes, ive had 2 duo queues that dont queue after 20 minutes... i just wanna know how they prioritize it? 

1badrebel
12 hours ago, kennyream66 said:

Is this solo or as a group? My group of 3 waited for 25 minutes before we backed out.

I have never waited that long with a group or alone. Try my method, it works. Your location may change things tho, I am on in USA on east coast. I am pinging less than 100 on all servers in USA.

sickboysid

in a 2 stack and 3 stack I'm from usa Texas , friends from usa Texas other from CA, played with just one of them and or both of them all the maps below, 

Results are from Jan 10-18 around 80~ raids

Custom ( 25 min + ) ( never got in and waited up to 20 min about 8 times over the last few days )

Interchange ( 4-7 min )

Shoreline ( 10-15 min)

Reserve ( 6-12 min )

Factory ( 6-12 min )

Woods ( we don't play woods ) 

Que times been pretty painful and I'm getting sick of interchange 

• Upvote 1

rimmeh

yep, pissed off I bought EOD edition, wait time makes this a complete waste of money.

Lt_Yonks

Yeah honestly during rush hours this game is almost unplayable. Who wants to wait 6+ minutes for a match when there are so many other games out there that match in seconds? Really disappointing. 

• Like 1

tank1967

My son and I have been trying to play  this and join together. It seems to be a no-go, Waiting up to 10-20 minutes and mostly not getting in. We tried all servers, a few servers, different maps, etc. It's just not working. I can't even imagine how long bigger groups would have to wait . The systems seems to be broken which is a real shame.

KOBKED-X

..and this too shall pass...

I have had a duo wait time of over 25 min [customs] and then on another map [shoreline] as a scav team, only one of us got in,  Me and my wife got sent to separate instances but the same map... the scav wait time was less, around 10 min

turkey_pie

I usually spend 20$ max on games but this game looked great and I've heard great things about it, I realize its a beta and i know what I'm getting into but with how badly optimized the game is and i can rarely get into a match. Disappointed.

Spectro887

this game is becoming escape from the matching, really bsg need to improve its servers, because it is so ridiculous ... spend some of that money you are taking .... in this ducking game.

skuzzlebutt

just spent $45 on a game that i sit around up to 30 mins waiting for a match to never get in. pretty big let down.

• Upvote 1

Landomatic

Yeah these 10+ minute matching times are getting nuts

LiquidGlass77

Ridiculous. I've been trying to get into a game for an hour and a half. This game is literally broken right now. No idea how the streamers are even playing. 

DympyLampard

waiting 15+ min just to die in 2 lol, i get im the new player but this kinda makes the game a  horrible experience