RIG0Rmortis

"Awaiting Session Start" bug returns!

RIG0Rmortis
Posted (edited)

I did not managed to play with my PMC today and lost a few sets of gear because in each raid I was stuck in Awaiting Session Start ...

there is a fix for this mess?

Edited by RIG0Rmortis

CrazyKiller7586
On 1/9/2020 at 5:06 AM, RIG0Rmortis said:

I did not managed to play with my PMC today and lost a few sets of gear because in each raid I was stuck in Awaiting Session Start ...

there is a fix for this mess?

I just recently purchased the game and this bug has been occurring the entire time. I cannot play any map other than factory because it crashes is the “awaiting session start” portion of loading

Redsnowman

I'm currently angrily staring at my screen before I bite the bullet and ctrl alt delete. It's a continuing problem that has supposedly been addressed for years but has never actually gone away. I appreciate all the meat devs are trying to add, but without proper bones- it all just falls apart. Who cares about animations and gear when the game can't even consistently be played at this point. 

sYs
2 minutes ago, Redsnowman said:

I'm currently angrily staring at my screen before I bite the bullet and ctrl alt delete. It's a continuing problem that has supposedly been addressed for years but has never actually gone away. I appreciate all the meat devs are trying to add, but without proper bones- it all just falls apart. Who cares about animations and gear when the game can't even consistently be played at this point. 

ok first of all - Stop and breath in and ask yourself - how many people besides me are having this problem?

wow - almost none so must be issue on my side - i better ask on forums and find a solution for this issue

I been here for years and this issue has always been 95% of time a client side issue with users isp/or networking software.

• Sad 1

Redsnowman
21 hours ago, sYs said:

ok first of all - Stop and breath in and ask yourself - how many people besides me are having this problem?

I been here for years and this issue has always been 95% of time a client side issue with users isp/or networking software.

Okay- *inhale* ... *exhale* ... Many people besides me have had this problem. That's why if I punch it in, I get many results for it. I'm glad it isn't a thing that you regularly have a problem with. To others, it is a continuing problem. If it were a client side issue, I wouldn't be here with my hackles up about it. 

Just because your experience is different doesn't invalidate other people's experience. 

sYs
2 minutes ago, Redsnowman said:

Okay- *inhale* ... *exhale* ... Many people besides me have had this problem. That's why if I punch it in, I get many results for it. I'm glad it isn't a thing that you regularly have a problem with. To others, it is a continuing problem. If it were a client side issue, I wouldn't be here with my hackles up about it. 

Just because your experience is different doesn't invalidate other people's experience. 

Yes - but today i resolved 12 same issues via discord and teamviewer. Sadly are were client side issues. Just speaking from experience. 

Darkey1199

Heya, i'm having the same issue sometimes. i do restart the game and than iam able to connect to it. I guess my bug is clientside but i've got no clue how to solve it.  It's only occuring on my Laptop not on my PC. (Different Locations / ISP settings) overall idk where my prob is. 

jrs3000
On 2/12/2020 at 3:43 PM, sYs said:

Yes - but today i resolved 12 same issues via discord and teamviewer. Sadly are were client side issues. Just speaking from experience. 

Hey if you've fixed it 12 times want to make it 13? playing solo i load into a game in no time with no issues, with friends i get stuck at the awaiting session start screen for at least 5-10 minutes, any advice?

Curlyfrys
Posted (edited)
On 2/12/2020 at 12:43 PM, sYs said:

Or better yet why wouldnt you then tell us how to resolve this problem? If you have resolved it 12 times was it all the same issue between them or was it different reasons between them. Why is it Tarkov has to have special network settings from other games? Or maybe you are full of bull poo.

Do you really want to know how many people Ive called out today for their Bull? Do you?

Oh btw yes I do have this problem. How many people besides him are having this issue?

Edited by Curlyfrys

sYs
7 hours ago, Curlyfrys said:

Or better yet why wouldnt you then tell us how to resolve this problem? If you have resolved it 12 times was it all the same issue between them or was it different reasons between them. Why is it Tarkov has to have special network settings from other games? Or maybe you are full of bull poo.

Do you really want to know how many people Ive called out today for their Bull? Do you?

Oh btw yes I do have this problem. How many people besides him are having this issue?

Sure add me on discord. Will diagnose the issue. sYs#7920 buit than again if feels like you are the one to blame everyone else for your issues than yourself. 

90% of times it's gonna be your network or configuration.  Workaround mostly is gonna be using a vpn which will eliminate issue for your.

And TARKOV has "non standard' backend. It's litteraly a website on the backend and it encounters all http issues know to man. Including web filtering issues from ISP providers and etc.  

SaltPays

I am having this now as well, and for the past 3 days. I have tried everything . reinstalling, restarting mid raid. this happens easily every other raid for me. i switch my servers to see if that helps, it doesn't. and i have restarted my modem several times. It is starting to really get on my nerves not being able to play. 

I need a fix for this. 

Royoneal213
On 3/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, LBK_Grim_Reaper said:

Just an Update, Thanks to sYs for helping me resolve the issue. If anyone else is coming to this post looking for answers, the fix for me involved a few steps which I will list below. It may or may not work for you however this worked for me.

1: Verify that the BSG Launcher and Tarkov were marked as a trusted app for both Windows Firewall and my anti-virus software (Kaspersky)

2: Open Network & Internet settings

-Navigate to "Change Adapter Options"

-Right click the Internet adapter you're using to connect to the internet and select "Properties"

-Under the Networking tab Un-select "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)"

-Click once on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to select it then click "Properties" which is located just below the selection area

-Under the General tab, Change from "Obtain DNS server address automatically" to "Use the following DNS server addresses"

-For the Preferred DNS server enter 8.8.8.8

-For the Alternate DNS server enter 8.8.4.4

-Click OK at the bottom of the window to save changes then click close on the next window.

3: Open BattleState Game Launcher

-Click Change Server right above the play button

-Select 3-5 of the best Ping and Matching time servers and apply

Now launch the game and give it a shot, This worked for me and hopefully others will find this useful in fixing their issues. Thank you once again sYv, I appreciate the help you gave me. Loving the game so far :)

This is taken from this post, looks like sYs is the hero of the day, hoping this works for you all. There's a few other things like switching to dual stack if they don't, but this should help most out, hopefully.