Are you guys ever going to fix the slow download speeds?

LordDabz

Or are you just going to let 1/10 of your gaming community take a week to download a game that should only take 5 minutes for some?

I have GB internet and live in California, there is absolutely no reason I should be downloading in KB. This has been a problem for YEARS. Some seriously bad developers working for this company, you're extremely lucky you control the market because even one developer does what you do and there goes your customer and fan base. Fix your junk.

And no disabling IPV6 doesn't fix it.

/rant

The workaround doesn't work because they are limiting your speed anyway. So I am stuck with 2 downloads both at around 2MBps.
So instead of letting me download with 4MBps or more (from 2 sources), I can open 50 links and download at 100 MBps which should be my normal speed and at the same time put the same load on their servers.
Why?
Can you just let me download it fast or enable peer to peer? Wouldn't you get rid of me faster if I could just download it in less than 5 minutes? This is ridiculous. Last time I was limited by anything, I changed my router. I couldn't go over 33 MBps on Steam for some reason.
Considering the high prices for a beta game, you could at least enable peer to peer and I would willingly upload the game 3 times if I could just download it fast from someone else.

This is pretty pathetic from a game that sold a lot of copies I assume already. Also my "requests per week" went from 7 to 0 instantly for no reason without posting my issue in the first place. Great customer support guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Schlumpfilein

I've got a 1100 Mbit Connection, and my download speeds are around 2-4 MB/s. With steam I mostly get around 40-60 Mbyte/Second, GOG reached around 100-120 Mbyte/s at night. So Its a little bit slow, but at least not as slow as some here ;-)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

OK so I was getting hit by this as well.  Here's what's going on if someone wants a tech answer:

cdn-11.eft-store.com is the file host site.  I'm not sure if they are using some level of DNS load balancing for access to the file host server or not but regardless this has every indicator of the server providing the file being overloaded.  May be the load balancer is failing some lookups or passing users to the wrong mirrors for some countries.

So a quick fix: find a download mirror manually. 

First find the workaround for the direct file download option and plan to DL the zip file yourself.  Then increment the distribution servers manually until you find one that is not over loaded. Both  cdn-12.eft-store.com  cdn-13.eft-store.com appear to be mirrors from what I can find, though I stopped testing after 13.  12 improved my DL time from 50kb/s to my normal expected DL speed, 13 was slower so I have a feeling it's the EU mirror that DL's at the same 50ish kb/s.

My money is that 11 is supposed to pass users to the correct mirror (12 or 13) based on location but they have a filter based on user load or usage or something with a config error.  That being said there's no chance the devs are not aware of this being an over utilized file host. I'd expect things to get better once the game gets closer to leaving beta.  (This is a repost from another topic just to up some visibility on the issue.)

Edited by azy37
  • 2 months later...
NoodleBug
On 1/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, azy37 said:

OK so I was getting hit by this as well.  Here's what's going on if someone wants a tech answer:

cdn-11.eft-store.com is the file host site.  I'm not sure if they are using some level of DNS load balancing for access to the file host server or not but regardless this has every indicator of the server providing the file being overloaded.  May be the load balancer is failing some lookups or passing users to the wrong mirrors for some countries.

So a quick fix: find a download mirror manually. 

First find the workaround for the direct file download option and plan to DL the zip file yourself.  Then increment the distribution servers manually until you find one that is not over loaded. Both  cdn-12.eft-store.com  cdn-13.eft-store.com appear to be mirrors from what I can find, though I stopped testing after 13.  12 improved my DL time from 50kb/s to my normal expected DL speed, 13 was slower so I have a feeling it's the EU mirror that DL's at the same 50ish kb/s.

My money is that 11 is supposed to pass users to the correct mirror (12 or 13) based on location but they have a filter based on user load or usage or something with a config error.  That being said there's no chance the devs are not aware of this being an over utilized file host. I'd expect things to get better once the game gets closer to leaving beta.  (This is a repost from another topic just to up some visibility on the issue.)

How exactly do you go about manually downloading / extracting these parts?