baybosert

Some concerns regarding gameplay progression

baybosert

So it is pretty clear that we will not be able to free-roam until we finished the 10 raid scenario. And we will complete these raid scenarios directly from the game menu, and after we finish the raid (if we were able to survive) we will immdediately returned to the game lobby in which we can start the next raid. 

At this point my question is this: how would you expect a standart edition player with his mere pistol to compete againist an edge of darknes player with his rifles, additional ammos, tomahawks and such.

You repeteadly claim that all premium bonuses can be acquired through the game but with the abovementioned gameplay mechanic there is really not much of an opportunity for standart edition players to get even with eod players. Couldn't it be better to make free roam accesible from the start and give standart edition players a breathing room and give them a chance to improve their gears via free roam quests and loots?

Another solution is to categorize players by their edition of the game and put them same servers. However this will clearly create matchmaking problems since there is great inbalances in the number of people owning the particular editions of the game.

At this point, it seems the only way out for standart edition players to play as a scav and kill eod players.I dont know, maybe this is a good thing, this is a survival game after all...So ı guess ı will see you in the raids dear eod players, dont forget to put your valuables in your secure containers..:)

TheTrainStation

You will start with a normal amount of cash. And it's probably enough for you to get a rifle of some sorts. And i'm pretty sure there will be a basic shop in the menu.

EOD will just have more cash. And a starting rifle that he can lose after 1 death.

Just calm your chest parts and let us check it out in the alpha.

If said problem occurs, i will open a thread on your behalf.

Benuar

You can also always play as a scav and if you play that right you might escape with some gear too

baybosert
10 minutes ago, TheTrainStation said:

EOD will just have more cash. And a starting rifle that he can lose after 1 death.

More cash plus more grenade, better rifle, better tactical vest and better insurance againist death because bigger secured container.  Ahh nevermind, we will see just as you said...

TarkovEscaper
26 минуты назад, Sylvan сказал:

So it is pretty clear that we will not be able to free-roam until we finished the 10 raid scenario. And we will complete these raid scenarios directly from the game menu, and after we finish the raid (if we were able to survive) we will immdediately returned to the game lobby in which we can start the next raid. 

At this point my question is this: how would you expect a standart edition player with his mere pistol to compete againist an edge of darknes player with his rifles, additional ammos, tomahawks and such.

You repeteadly claim that all premium bonuses can be acquired through the game but with the abovementioned gameplay mechanic there is really not much of an opportunity for standart edition players to get even with eod players. Couldn't it be better to make free roam accesible from the start and give standart edition players a breathing room and give them a chance to improve their gears via free roam quests and loots?

Another solution is to categorize players by their edition of the game and put them same servers. However this will clearly create matchmaking problems since there is great inbalances in the number of people owning the particular editions of the game.

At this point, it seems the only way out for standart edition players to play as a scav and kill eod players.I dont know, maybe this is a good thing, this is a survival game after all...So ı guess ı will see you in the raids dear eod players, dont forget to put your valuables in your secure containers..:)

Lets go through the things that we've mentioned many times before.

1. There is no premium, microtrasnsactions or anything like that. 

2. It is an RPG game where you gain skills / equipment / weapons / upgrades of stash / traiders standings over time and if you will start to play game some time after release, you will meet such players. So, i don't see the point of concern, when the exactly same thing will eventually happen to everyone who play the game long enough.

3. EOD bundle is also a founders pack, so there is some uniqe items like Uniqe in-game id, which you can get only by purchaising the EOD.

4. The game is realistic and you can loose your equipment from EOD. Sure, there is insurance available for everyone, where you can get back the money for the lost insured equipment according to the market price of items.

5. The equipment bonuses in packs are not yet announced.

Speaking of EOD owners, they are concerned to loose their items in game, because of game mechanics, since it can be looted by any player if they die.

As well as some players will pick the least amount of equipmemnt, to hunt EOD players and their loot.

• Upvote 1

baybosert
19 minutes ago, TarkovEscaper said:

Lets go through the things that we've mentioned many times before.

I think you didnt read my original post and decided to assume that I am just another bystander who ignorantly posts questions here without reading FAQ's.

First of all my original post contains nothing that has been answered or mentioned many times before as you claimed. I read all of the FAQs and has been following the game since its announcement trailer back in December 2015. So I dont need your sarcasm and suggest you to read my original post.

24 minutes ago, TarkovEscaper said:

1. There is no premium, microtrasnsactions or anything like that. 

I never claimed there will be microtransaction in the game. Again, I suggest you to read my original post

27 minutes ago, TarkovEscaper said:

2. It is an RPG game where you gain skills / equipment / weapons / upgrades of stash / traiders standings over time and if you will start to play game some time after release, you will meet such players. So, i don't see the point of concern, when the exactly same thing will eventually happen to everyone who play the game long enough.

Of course you dont see my concern because this is not what I am talking about. I am talking about the case in which one standart edition player and one edge of darkness edition player run into each other IN THE FIRST RAID RIGHT AFTER THE LAUNCH OF THE GAME. 

Of course there is nothing wrong with one player who starts to play game some time after and get owned by experienced player.

I am talking about a standart edition player having to deal with a better equipped eod player in the first raid because you wont give him a chance to get even with eod players. So, if you have an explanation regarding to this issue I will be happy to read it.

3. EOD bundle is also a founders pack, so there is some uniqe items like Uniqe in-game id, which you can get only by purchaising the EOD.

Yeah this is true but again, irrelevant to my point.

37 minutes ago, TarkovEscaper said:

4. The game is realistic and you can loose your equipment from EOD. Sure, there is insurance available for everyone, where you can get back the money for the lost insured equipment according to the market price of items.

Yes I know eod  players  can lose their items as well, as I said I read all FAQs but:

1-) Their loss will be lesser compared to standart edition players because their secured container will be bigger.

2-) Their ability to recover from losses via insurance system will be greater because their starting cash will be higher

43 minutes ago, TarkovEscaper said:

5. The equipment bonuses in packs are not yet announced.

Some EOD features,

Bonus equipment at start

Huge size of stash (10x60)

Additional equipment and resources in stash

Unique secured container

Large field backpack

Even more cash at the start

Combat tactical tomahawk

Initially good standings with all in-game traders

It is clear as a day that they will have superior equipment and more money. It is not rocket science.

46 minutes ago, TarkovEscaper said:

Speaking of EOD owners, they are concerned to loose their items in game, because of game mechanics, since it can be looted by any player if they die.

As well as some players will pick the least amount of equipmemnt, to hunt EOD players and their loot.

The only remark that makes sense, and apparently this is also what I have mentioned at the end of my original post. 

Since there will be no free roam in the beginning of the game, we standart edition players who choose to no spend 120 Euro based on two videos and promises, will have to make a living by killing eod players and hope that game will have some semblance of justice to not let us be target practice for eod players.

Good luck in alpha.

TarkovEscaper

I read your post and i pointed out things you should know, since you were specific in some of your terms. You did mentioned "premium content" in a way like founders pack have  loads of ingame equipment that doesn't exist anywhere in the game, except those packs, which is usually part of microtransaction system. We did mentioned (FAQs / interviews) that you can't achive all that is listed in the EOD (such as Uniqe-ingame id), but equipment, standings and money are not exclusive content.

The game mechanics (FAQs / interviews) allow you to revisit same raid countless times, so, you are at the same point with EOD players as with experienced ones. Sure there will be some level lock to separate veterans from noobs, but that doesn't mean that you won't meet better equipped / skilled person among noobs.

You also keep mentioning that EOD have something like an arsenal of weaponry on the go, while bonuses are not announced yet. So at this point you can't judge how is it going to be. And by the game mechanics if you die - you lose your stuff. Hunting equipped people with just knife is an option, as well as playing as scav.

Everyone can use insurance to back up. And eventually upgrade.

It is like other MMO or RPG games when you start, there is always someone who have played game for some time and have better everything then you are.

baybosert
Только что, TarkovEscaper сказал:

, you are at the same point with EOD players as with experienced ones. Sure there will be some level lock to separate veterans from noobs, but that doesn't mean that you won't meet better equipped / skilled person among noobs.

And by the game mechanics if you die - you lose your stuff. Hunting eqiupped people with just knife is an option, as well as playing as scav.

This was the answer I was looking for. At leas now I know that I can bring a knife to a gun fight and "theoretically" get away with that:)

incus

Just to jump in.  It has been said no where that you have to complete the first 10 raids to unlock the open world.  It was said that they are going to release all 10 raids then open world after. 

All classes players start with a base rifle.  Not a pistol.  Yes EOD have more equipment.  So in alpha, beta, and 1.0 you are going to have to compete with these players.  As inventory is reset after each push in development.  All I can say is tough luck.  This was a limited edition pack offered that you could also of purchased.

This is akin to complaining about alpha testers knowing the map and where to go when you who bought on launch didn't know.  Simple fact that any EOD on launch is going to have an advantage because he will know where to go on a raid and the places for best loot.  He will rush while you are slow and cautious and exploring.  (Same for Beta vs Alpha)

Just group up.  Or play as a SCAV until you feel confident in your skills and the equipment you have.

Edited by incus
  • Upvote 1

enigmatic

You know guys, another possibility is to make friends with EOD players now so you can do raids TOGETHER with us upon release :D. Don't forget the social aspect of the game! If you are a real team player, we do have the ability to lend a helping hand with sparing cash, or extra weapons/ammo to the players waiting for release. Check out how many clans are already preparing for this game!

Scruffy
On 1/29/2016 at 1:28 AM, Sylvan said:

More cash plus more grenade, better rifle, better tactical vest and better insurance againist death because bigger secured container.  Ahh nevermind, we will see just as you said...

Why wouldn't you be friends with those guys? Oh, wait, I forgot you are one of those DBags that shoots on sight.

TheTrainStation
2 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

Why wouldn't you be friends with those guys? Oh, wait, I forgot you are one of those DBags that shoots on sight.

So you will be planning on being friendly with opposing faction players? :') 

Scruffy
2 minutes ago, TheTrainStation said:

So you will be planning on being friendly with opposing faction players? :') 

No, but I'll either avoid confrontation until I can defeat them, team up with other players in my faction or get EOD. ;)

I am pretty sure if you know how to play you will be able to kill almost any one with a sidearm.

5 hours ago, Scruffy said:

No, but I'll either avoid confrontation until I can defeat them, team up with other players in my faction or get EOD. ;)

I am pretty sure if you know how to play you will be able to kill almost any one with a sidearm.

I'm not kinda sure of that, the Devs are proud of the game mechanics and how realistic it is, so there is a BIG chance that your sidearm don't do enough damage to kill a player with the EOD stuff, armor best and such, giving them time to aim at you with a high caliber gun and take you down in one hit. Just my opinion based on what I read in the Forums and FAQs. If you are not EOD or just start in the game the best is to lay down, scavenge and get better equipment to eventually defeat them as you say.

McGral
1 minute ago, Skeleton_Dance said:

I'm not kinda sure of that, the Devs are proud of the game mechanics and how realistic it is, so there is a BIG chance that your sidearm don't do enough damage to kill a player with the EOD stuff, armor best and such, giving them time to aim at you with a high caliber gun and take you down in one hit. Just my opinion based on what I read in the Forums and FAQs. If you are not EOD or just start in the game the best is to lay down, scavenge and get better equipment to eventually defeat them as you say.

They've stated pistols will be plenty deadly, just shorter ranged and better shot placement required due or worse penetration.

Sounds like you're on a false P2W crusade. Best to read up and lose that ignorance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, McGral said:

They've stated pistols will be plenty deadly, just shorter ranged and better shot placement required due or worse penetration.

Sounds like you're on a false P2W crusade. Best to read up and lose that ignorance.

No, I'm not in the P2W crusade, I was eventually going to buy and support this game, but You instead are in the "Hunt those who ask too much Crusade"

And you are just confirming what I was saying, pistols in general are low caliber with less impact and less penetration, and as you say they have shorter range.

Best to read up and lose that ignorance and Fanboyism.

Starlight
7 minutes ago, Skeleton_Dance said:

No, I'm not in the P2W crusade, I was eventually going to buy and support this game, but You instead are in the "Hunt those who ask too much Crusade"

And you are just confirming what I was saying, pistols in general are low caliber with less impact and less penetration, and as you say they have shorter range.

The released details on pistols show they are all higher caliber than the assault rifles, which is likely to stay that way shy of the inclusion of the FN 5-7 or something in .22LR.

This is the way pistols generally work - larger bullet, significantly slower muzzle velocity.

McGral
10 minutes ago, Skeleton_Dance said:

You aren't asking, you're stating.

You have not looked into the faqs either, or you would be better informed.

Now, do you really expect a pistol to match a rifle? They'll both kill you, but one has a quarter of the barrel length.

Just now, McGral said:

You aren't asking, you're stating.

You have not looked into the faqs either, or you would be better informed.

Now, do you really expect a pistol to match a rifle? They'll both kill you, but one has a quarter of the barrel length.

You know what? sure dude, enjoy the game.

Europoor

I sense a lack of knowledge in ballistics and cartridge properties, nevertheless a pistol is as much deadly as a rifle, even in medium long distances. The only thing that depends if the target has body armor or not. A regular FMJ not +P shot from a normal pistol, like a Glock-17 round can reach up to 4-500 meters (of course, with a huge bullet drop), and within 220 meters (proven) still could be deadly. 

Europoor
1 minute ago, Europoor said:

I sense a lack of knowledge in ballistics and cartridge properties, nevertheless a pistol is as much deadly as a rifle, even in medium long distances. The only thing that depends if the target has body armor or not. A regular FMJ not +P shot from a normal pistol, like a Glock-17 round can reach up to 4-500 meters (of course, with a huge bullet drop), and within 220 meters (proven) still could be deadly. 

And if someone mentions that "hey man, it's a rifle here", it gives only about +200 feet per second according to the ballistic charts