L0st_Guardian

honest opnion Game is highly anti new player friendly and highly anti solo player

L0st_Guardian

honest opnion Game is highly anti  new player friendly and highly anti solo player

tried offline didn't get to keep anything / wasn't getting to keep the lvl up progress   and finally tried online and litearlly not 5 min in died to veterans and higher lvl players  half the stuffs gone and like what's the point 1 more death and won't be able to play the game, even the npc market you needs thing like trade in items  to buy anything, andcan't even use the  player market till lvl 5 which won't even have gear at that point and even if you could use the player market not like you have the money to use it

Edited by L0st_Guardian
  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

Schaefer

The game has a very steep learning curve.

Also the game is meant for group play.

All this can be read up before buying.

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

RundaPlazan

It would be nice if you could keep insured items, even if you die and a PMC takes them.  This would go a long way to bringing more people into the game and keeping them interested long term. 

• Hot 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Backslapped

Lol, can anyone imagine if all of these new people complaining now had tried playing 2 years ago?

• Like 1
  • Hot 3
  • Upvote 1

Pezzo1
21 hours ago, RundaPlazan said:

It would be nice if you could keep insured items, even if you die and a PMC takes them.  This would go a long way to bringing more people into the game and keeping them interested long term. 

I think y'all don't read what the game is all about and just jump in after seeing your favourite streamers play it.

Tarkov is hardcore, the learning curve is super harsh and the insurance is just here to help you get your stuff back if no one stole it, not to guarantee you will get your stuff back after dying.

The game wasn't meant to be attractive towards a large crowd, but instead, cater to a small community of hardcore lovers.

Tarkov is unforgiving and it's not planning to change, in the contrary, ressources will get more scarce down the road so be ready, cause right now you are living in paradise.

Edited by Pezzo1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

L0st_Guardian
3 minutes ago, Pezzo1 said:

I think y'all don't read what the game is all about and just jump in after seeing your favourite streamers play it.

Tarkov is hardcore, the learning curve is super harsh and no insurance is just here to help you get your stuff back if no one stole it, not to guarantee you will get your stuff back after drying.

The game wasn't meant to be attractive towards a large crowd, but instead, cater to a small community of hardcore lovers.

Tarkov is unforgiving and it's not planning to change, in the contrary, ressources will get more scarce down the road so be ready, cause right now you are living in paradise.

they won't last long  under that marketing way after twitch streamers move on and stop brining in the crowds i see it dying within 1-2 years

less they fix it out and gear towards keeping the new people coming in instead making is so anti new player

Pezzo1
21 hours ago, L0st_Guardian said:

they won't last long  under that marketing way after twitch streamers move on and stop brining in the crowds i see it dying within 1-2 years

I think you don't realise that Tarkov was in alpha for two years and is in beta for around the same now, so a total of four years.

The game was doing extremely fine, and the influx of new players coming in and out from Twitch won't change that, even if it's, ofc, highly appreciated.
That y'all stay or not, it doesn't matter, the core player base is here and the Dev's vision for the game is already lay out.

You can play the ostriches and duck your head onto the ground, hoping the game will cater to new and casual players (spoilers: it won't), or you can use the resources at your disposal to get better and learn the game instead of complaining (ex: joining the official discord, requesting a Sherpa, learn the maps and extractions,...)

Choice is yours mate, but don't expect the game to change for you.

Edited by Pezzo1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

Zoanthid

I solo play almost exclusively and don't seem to be any worse off. 

KITTYKATJAQ

As much as I agree with Pezzo1.....Hardcore should not include massive desynce for the last 3 years.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Aceric

Brother I feel you. When I first started playing I was getting killed all the time. I was trying to play this game like all the other FPS. You cant do that. This game takes patience and strategy.  I actually bought this game for a friend and we play together a lot and its a lot of fun. If you need someone to help you and guide you send me a message. I am no pro by any means but I can help you get a better understanding of the game.

Astalonte1985
7 hours ago, RundaPlazan said:

You just taken away half of the appeal of the game.

So many stupid things I m reading..., but this gone and the kill cam must be the most stupid ones

Grimm285

i love all the players saying "this will die off in 1-2 years" no, just the new players that complain its not easy enough will leave.  look at the arma series, people STILL play arma2.  There will always be a dedicated fan base for a game in this hardcore niche because some of us just love stealing loot and great gun play mechanics 

Pezzo1
13 hours ago, KITTYKATJAQ said:

As much as I agree with Pezzo1.....Hardcore should not include massive desynce for the last 3 years.

Indeed, I can't blame you here as I am myself regularly a victim from desync.

Game ain't perfect and I sometimes wonder where the priorities are, but the game is still in development and they just upgraded the servers so here is hoping :) and I'm sure down the road we will get what we got promised.

• Like 1

CliffyG

I'm pretty rubbish at the game, only had it for a few weeks but I really like solo, yeah it's tough but it can definitely be done. 

Narthos
9 hours ago, Grimm285 said:

i love all the players saying "this will die off in 1-2 years" no, just the new players that complain its not easy enough will leave.  look at the arma series, people STILL play arma2.  There will always be a dedicated fan base for a game in this hardcore niche because some of us just love stealing loot and great gun play mechanics 

Best thing i have read all day the dedicated fans will keep this game alive for a very very long time.

• Like 1

Springmaus

I started playing the game on thursday and have no problems replenishing my equipment using Scav rounds. I already had some successful raids with my PMC. Therefore I can‘t agree with the steep learning curve and that the game is „anti new“ and „anti solo“ player. 

I agree that it will take a while to really learn all maps. But I started concentrating on one in order to ensure that I will be able to get equipment in Scav rounds. I also think it makes sense to do rounds with your PMC without equipment, but I am not sure if that is intended. But I don’t want to lose my equipment when trying to level my strength.

Before complaining that the game is not friendly for beginners, try reading/watching some of the guides and try to understand the game mechanics.

GrimmCro

I was like that as a new player.  It's okay, he'll either learn to love what he hates right now or leave.  Either way, EFT is here to stay.

Reymt
Am 12.1.2020 um 11:38 schrieb Pezzo1:

Tarkov is hardcore

Obviously true, but Ill always point out that this game does arbitrarily punish new players. How hardcore is it really if high level players get everything easier?

StupidNub123
On 1/12/2020 at 5:30 AM, RundaPlazan said:

But then you could just duplicate items with a squad. Kind of a terrible idea.

RundaPlazan
On 1/12/2020 at 5:38 AM, Pezzo1 said:

Tarkov is hardcore, the learning curve is super harsh and the insurance is just here to help you get your stuff back if no one stole it, not to guarantee you will get your stuff back after dying.

Well, that sucks.

All that will do is make Tarkov less enjoyable for those of us who are not full-time, "hardcore"Tarkov players.

RundaPlazan
On 1/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, Astalonte1985 said:

You just taken away half of the appeal of the game.

So many stupid things I m reading..., but this gone and the kill cam must be the most stupid ones

The appeal of the game for me is the physics and randomness to every raid, not to mention the attention to detail.  But that all goes out the door when you only last a few minutes in a raid and then lose any decent gear you worked up to get.  If you did not have to worry about losing decent gear so often and so quickly, one would be inclined to play more often and this would lend towards getting better at the game.  The gap between hardcore "streamers" and the rest of us would narrow and raids would be no less intense than they already are.

RealSavvyG
51 minutes ago, RundaPlazan said:

The appeal of the game for me is the physics and randomness to every raid, not to mention the attention to detail.  But that all goes out the door when you only last a few minutes in a raid and then lose any decent gear you worked up to get.  If you did not have to worry about losing decent gear so often and so quickly, one would be inclined to play more often and this would lend towards getting better at the game.  The gap between hardcore "streamers" and the rest of us would narrow and raids would be no less intense than they already are.

Some games take more dedication than others.

This game is marketed as hardcore. That means you need to be dedicated to succeed.

Play it or don't. But don't complain that you don't like the premise of the game and ask for it to be changed. That's how games really die.
Broken promises from devs destroy games faster than anything else.

RundaPlazan
1 minute ago, RealSavvyG said:

Some games take more dedication than others.

This game is marketed as hardcore. That means you need to be dedicated to succeed.

Play it or don't. But don't complain that you don't like the premise of the game and ask for it to be changed. That's how games really die.
Broken promises from devs destroy games faster than anything else.

Relax,  it's still in Beta.  Plenty of time for improvement.

• Cold 1

chEEch7

I'm a new player and I'm having a really bad time playing this game, its a great game but I think that should be separeted high level from low lvl, I dont care if I'm a solo player against a 5 players squad, I bought this game knowing about that.

Tarkov its a hardcore game, so I thought it wouldn't take more than 8 AK bullets to kill someone, It turns out it's just another game that has a hierarchy of items that will give you an edge during the game, and those who have access to these items are the higher level players.

And when you're not killed by a high level player, it's a SCAV BOT with that aimbot mechanic.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

crocfashion

The beauty of Escape from Tarkov is,

I am a more 'casual' player... and i've owned the game for about 12 months... and over this 12 months, i've installed and uninstalled EFT about 5 times because every time i've tried to love it, I end up hating it because it's just way too hardcore...

But...

Recently all I can do is play EFT. My waking thoughts are Tarkov, my YouTube playlist is Tarkov, my search history is Tarkov... Once you get past that mental hurdle that this isn't Call of Duty and you can't run around loud like an idiot without getting killed and losing all of your gear, the game starts to make sense. You need to think about what you're doing, and approach every situation with a real-life train of thought... 

Just picture this scenario... There was a recent firefight, and there's a body lying in the middle of an open area. He got shot. Was he ambushed? In real life, would you just run out and go pick up that guys gun and any valuables he had on his person? Wouldn't you wait a little while, listening? Scoping? Peeking? Before running out into no-mans-land?

If anything, playing solo and playing the part of a lone wolf, ambushing unsuspecting squads is the best part about this game, and gives you the greatest edge. Just remember, the larger your squad is, the more mistakes, and noise you will make, as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2