huntterx

Timer and Exfil change

huntterx

Say you're loaded with sweet loot, a M4 with a bunch of attachments, a kitted DVL, backpack full of loot, killed a bunch of players and scavs, than you realize that the timer is about to run out. You run across the map and make it to a Exfil but guess what, Timer is 3 seconds and Exfil is 7 seconds. No problem right? You're in exfil so the game should allow you to keep your loot. Nope, you loose all that loot even though you made it to a exfil before timer ran out.

There should be a change on this matter. You still make it to a exit but loose all the loot due to timer. Not saying exfil timer should be removed but rather if you're in a exfil and the server time runs out before exfil time runs out. You should still keep everything. That's all I'm saying

keepa34
9 hours ago, huntterx said:

Say you're loaded with sweet loot, a M4 with a bunch of attachments, a kitted DVL, backpack full of loot, killed a bunch of players and scavs, than you realize that the timer is about to run out. You run across the map and make it to a Exfil but guess what, Timer is 3 seconds and Exfil is 7 seconds. No problem right? You're in exfil so the game should allow you to keep your loot. Nope, you loose all that loot even though you made it to a exfil before timer ran out.

There should be a change on this matter. You still make it to a exit but loose all the loot due to timer. Not saying exfil timer should be removed but rather if you're in a exfil and the server time runs out before exfil time runs out. You should still keep everything. That's all I'm saying

Unfortunately you had 40 minutes to extract and if you stayed past the alloted time then it's your own fault for overstaying.

I have also been MIA with 4 seconds left on extraction.

• Hot 1

huntterx
40 minutes ago, keepa34 said:

Unfortunately you had 40 minutes to extract and if you stayed past the alloted time then it's your own fault for overstaying.

I have also been MIA with 4 seconds left on extraction.

That's the problem though, you still make it to a extract before timer runs out, you shouldn't be punished for making it to a extract before timer runs out. I know timer punishes people who take along time but at that point, the death point is 5 seconds even if you make it to a extract. There is also game play problems. You might of been in a bunch of fights, pinned by snipers and have broken legs yet you manage to live through all of that, yet even though you fought a lot and make it to a extract injured, you should get your loot for taking that risk. Yet you don't due to that few seconds.

Also for scavs it'd be a blessing too due to less time, and having to play a bit more careful due to players being possibly anywhere on the map. It just doesn't make sense if you make it to a extract before timer and still not get your loo

crocfashion
13 hours ago, huntterx said:

That's the problem though, you still make it to a extract before timer runs out, you shouldn't be punished for making it to a extract before timer runs out. I know timer punishes people who take along time but at that point, the death point is 5 seconds even if you make it to a extract. There is also game play problems. You might of been in a bunch of fights, pinned by snipers and have broken legs yet you manage to live through all of that, yet even though you fought a lot and make it to a extract injured, you should get your loot for taking that risk. Yet you don't due to that few seconds.

Also for scavs it'd be a blessing too due to less time, and having to play a bit more careful due to players being possibly anywhere on the map. It just doesn't make sense if you make it to a extract before timer and still not get your loo

What you're asking for, is to be completely rewarded for completing half a task.

That's not how the world works, sonny.

huntterx
10 hours ago, crocfashion said:

What you're asking for, is to be completely rewarded for completing half a task.

That's not how the world works, sonny.

So reaching exfil before timer hits 0 means you did half the task.... right?

GrizzzlyFX

I'd like to see changed to extraction personally. There's nothing worse than stalking an opponent and getting the drop on him, near an extraction zone, and not being able to pluck his corpse of that sweet, juicy delicious loot, because you extract before you get the chance, maybe a proposed change so when in Extraction zones, you have to press the action key (F) to start the extraction timer.

huntterx
3 hours ago, GrizzzlyFX said:

I'd like to see changed to extraction personally. There's nothing worse than stalking an opponent and getting the drop on him, near an extraction zone, and not being able to pluck his corpse of that sweet, juicy delicious loot, because you extract before you get the chance, maybe a proposed change so when in Extraction zones, you have to press the action key (F) to start the extraction timer.

It is annoying on both parts but yea I see where you're coming from. Had a friend drop a gun for me but couldn't grab the gun due to exfil before.

p4nnus
On 1/13/2020 at 5:11 AM, huntterx said:

Ive been in a raid after the timer runs out, even up to like a minute or so. I dont know if youve ever tried what happens, but at least for me its never been game over immediately. Theres always at least 30s or 1m of extra time, dont know why.

crocfashion
On 1/15/2020 at 1:01 AM, huntterx said:

So reaching exfil before timer hits 0 means you did half the task.... right?

I will agree with you, it would be nice that once you're in the extract zone, the exfil timer overrides the map timer as a quality of life mechanic...

But by the same token, it's not really grounds for argument on why it's not, because after all, it's your mission to fully extract before the map timer runs out and that's the game design.

If it does, cool... If it doesn't, so be it (manage your time better!).

huntterx
9 hours ago, p4nnus said:

Ive been in a raid after the timer runs out, even up to like a minute or so. I dont know if youve ever tried what happens, but at least for me its never been game over immediately. Theres always at least 30s or 1m of extra time, dont know why.

damn thats good luck, i get kicked out immediately 

p4nnus
7 hours ago, huntterx said:

damn thats good luck, i get kicked out immediately 

Today I only had like 5-10s of extra time and didnt make it. Seems like it varies a lot.

Peter5on

I've got late around 10s to extract in reserve, and still get extracted and keeped all the loot. I think you have like 15s of bonus time.

huntterx
4 hours ago, Peter5on said:

I've got late around 10s to extract in reserve, and still get extracted and keeped all the loot. I think you have like 15s of bonus time.

You don't get bonus time. Seems like server is failing to kick out people