GTB79

Sherpa Applications

GTB79

Attention Escapers,
Recently I and @Sleepyyy have taken over the Sherpa program as the new Sherpa Coordinators, with this news we would like to ask anyone that believes themselves a fitting choice to join the Sherpa program as a member should fill out the following application.

We have decided that the current one was not adequate enough to actually review someone for the program.

If you have already applied please reapply on the new application!

Apply here: https://forms.gle/vx4jj1mkgvyx7QJ1A

EDIT: To everyone who has applied for the position of Sherpa we thank you for taking time to apply and showing interest. We have had over 350 applications in a short time and have only a small amount of positions. If you were not chosen recently do not be discouraged as we will keep looking when ever Sherpas are needed for their certain region. Again we thank you for applying and being willing to help out the community of Escape from Tarkov.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

UnholyLucifer

This is amazing to see! With how big the community has gotten I'm sure the old Sherpa's are getting put to work! LUL

Can't wait to see the new helpers!

Acolyted

yes finally, I hope we will have atleast a couple more English Sherpa`s. Thank to the OG Sherpas that have been helping for a long time. and welcome to the new ones

GrizzzlyFX

I've just submitted an application, be that as it may accepted or not, I'm always active on the Official EFT Discord server, and am happy to help any new players who show a willingness to learn the game.

• Upvote 1

Madiakz

Congrats guys, I am sure you will do well! 

• Thanks 1

Dusty747

how much is the salary?

Madiakz
25 minutes ago, Dusty747 said:

how much is the salary?

It's a voluntary position. 

FLP

Nice. Good job. good luck to everyone

FLP

Dusty747

this would be brutal.. ive tried to help out new players on my own before and I just cant deal with it. they WILL blow your cover with a laser and give you away to a squad, they WILL blast you on spawn or tap you in the back of the head at extract, they WILL make as much noise as possible and walk into your firing lane.. 

I play solo for this reason. ive only ever teamed up with weaker players though, could be a lot different with a seasoned player

Chalk4
59 minutes ago, Dusty747 said:

this would be brutal.. ive tried to help out new players on my own before and I just cant deal with it. they WILL blow your cover with a laser and give you away to a squad, they WILL blast you on spawn or tap you in the back of the head at extract, they WILL make as much noise as possible and walk into your firing lane.. 

I play solo for this reason. ive only ever teamed up with weaker players though, could be a lot different with a seasoned player

With some of the less... subtle recruits I find it's best to teach from a distance of 20 meters or so ;)

Joking aside, yeah, it can suck. Though the reward is typically worth it in the form of teammates that are programmed to match your playstyle. It really is fun to roll 4 deep on a raid where everyone is on the same page. 

johnniewalkr919

Great to see some new energy being put into this program! Without my friends helping me when I first started out, I don't think I would have stuck through with Tarkov. Now I love it. Thanks for taking this on y'all!

And yeah, being with new players can be difficult but for me it's all about adopting a different mindset with teaching. Don't expect to make it out when helping a new player and it's a much more rewarding experience.

MIXTheCroctopus

Super excited about this! I do most of my help on the subreddit, but the application has turned my eyes here too. Also a great choice to revamp in the wake of all the new players coming in. 

Keep it up BSG!

GrizzzlyFX
16 hours ago, Dusty747 said:

Don't become a Sherpa then?

WintersWolfcry

Very excited about this! It's an excellent program for those who wish to teach the game to others! Given the lack of in-game hand holding, I know some new players would definitely appreciate having a helping hand for sure! 

It is fantastic to see some new life being brought to this program. I am very excited to see more Sherpa's kicking around and will definitely be applying to be one as well!

Cheers GTB79 and Sleepy - Appreciate the time you guys are putting into this! 

Munzig

Very nice :D looking forward to join you. send a application. how will chosen persons be contacted?

AwesomeProDerpy
On 1/14/2020 at 8:22 AM, Madiakz said:

Congrats guys, I am sure you will do well! 

I hope i do! I have the experience but gl to everyone

The-Kraken_ZA

Congrats, guys, and kudos to @Madiakzfor holding the post before that!

• Like 1

hayagaming

Realy wanna apply as a sherpa as well.

Im from the Netherlands and i see that we allmost have no Dutch Sherpa's.
I also speak english and german and can help allot of people because of that.
Been playing the game over 3 years now and allways hit over level 60 each wipe. 
I need a new challenge. And that challenge will be helping people to get better at the game.

Hopefully i get a response one day....

Your_Toy

Would we be notified by email or the forums if chosen?

Sleepyyy

Hello guys, as GTB mentioned in his post we want to thank everyone for taking their time to apply and become a Sherpa to further help the community even more but as you may know the positions for the Sherpa staff are limited and we cannot take everyone in nor reply individually to everyone who applied, only those who are accepted get a notification about it, either by forums or by a discord pm.

Nevertheless, when we do require new sherpas we will be looking towards the applications and getting in touch with some of the candidates that we feel have the requirements to be a good sherpa. 

We also know that at this time the program doesn't cover enough languages and that is being our top priority right now, we are looking to expand the Sherpa program to countries in which have yet no sherpas or languages requests, so if you are from a country in which there are no sherpas or the program doesn't cover your language yet, by all means apply as we will be looking into those in a near future.

I hope to have answered most of your questions!

• Like 1

Rinzler_PL

It would be nice addition to my volountear sherpa on polish official TS from @The_Way who is here a mod.

Im always there and am happy to help any new players the way of hard style Tarkov 😉

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2