Doomballs

Matching times..............

Doomballs

More players gonna just quit playing this game. Can't run a game on hype alone. 

• Like 1

Piledrive

no but apperently they can run it on potato servers like they have been.

They need to add more servers across the board. Ive heard they use AWS tech, so they need to spin up more servers for the influx

Tendeep
41 minutes ago, Piledrive said:

no but apperently they can run it on potato servers like they have been.

They need to add more servers across the board. Ive heard they use AWS tech, so they need to spin up more servers for the influx

Dude, if this were true, we would see better and or more servers by now.  Those things support scalability... unless it takes 2 days to load the server side clients lmao...

This is sad and frustrating, 10-20 minute queue times in the US atm.

Piledrive
34 minutes ago, Tendeep said:

Dude, if this were true, we would see better and or more servers by now.  Those things support scalability... unless it takes 2 days to load the server side clients lmao...

This is sad and frustrating, 10-20 minute queue times in the US atm.

Thats what im saying, it would take them 2-3 days tops to have new servers up and running if they did have AWS tech.

It is frustrating that its been 3 weeks and nothing has been done.

BurgerWithOnion

I know 3 weeks and nothing... I’m about to stop playing this game for good if nothing is done soon, I love this game and it is fun but i hate waiting 30 minutes for a match that lasts 3 min.

• Upvote 1

Doomballs

3 weeks?  Its been unplayable since .12 launch.

• Upvote 2

d3c0de

Is there any official communication going on other than the banner in the updater with no real details?

If not, BSG is shooting themselves in the foot, making a classic mistake that often results in early game death. Communicate with your community, or we're going to disappear.

Word of mouth is the reason I bought this game, but I've yet to recommend it to anyone else because of these long server queues.

t4nk83
31 minutes ago, d3c0de said:

Is there any official communication going on other than the banner in the updater with no real details?

If not, BSG is shooting themselves in the foot, making a classic mistake that often results in early game death. Communicate with your community, or we're going to disappear.

Word of mouth is the reason I bought this game, but I've yet to recommend it to anyone else because of these long server queues.

Early game death?This game has been around for like 4-5 years (including Alpha stage). Further, I am willing to put up with all these minor annoyances because I know how good this game will be on launch (unless it stops being developed).

They aren't shooting themselves in the foot.

Further, they dont want to expand the server infrastructure, especially since they KNOW that 60% of the new players will fall off for the next hot title or Battle Royal game, I don't expect them to expand the capacity (because it is very very expensive) unless they are proved by the community of new players that they are sticking around.

Also, considering all the griping about this and that, I half expect all these new players to bugger off, because they're whiny, instant gratification seeking millennials, good riddance.

• Like 1

Piledrive
3 hours ago, t4nk83 said:

Early game death?This game has been around for like 4-5 years (including Alpha stage). Further, I am willing to put up with all these minor annoyances because I know how good this game will be on launch (unless it stops being developed).

Further, they dont want to expand the server infrastructure, especially since they KNOW that 60% of the new players will fall off for the next hot title or Battle Royal game, I don't expect them to expand the capacity (because it is very very expensive) unless they are proved by the community of new players that they are sticking around.

Also, considering all the griping about this and that, I half expect all these new players to bugger off, because they're whiny, instant gratification seeking millennials, good riddance.

Actually in todays day and age, it's not that expensive to spin up a new server (Using AWS/Cloud based Tech). Back when they had to actually set up the hardware manually then yes.

If they are using the AWS/Cloud based tech, they could spin up new servers to accommodate the new players, then take them down when not needed anymore

t4nk83
5 minutes ago, Piledrive said:

Actually in todays day and age, it's not that expensive to spin up a new server (Using AWS/Cloud based Tech). Back when they had to actually set up the hardware manually then yes.

If they are using the AWS/Cloud based tech, they could spin up new servers to accommodate the new players, then take them down when not needed anymore

From Nikita's own mouth from one the padcats, it is expensive and something they dont want to do which maybe a temporary influx of new players. I dont deal with AWS, but I do deal with Azure on a daily basis, and even though the instance itself can be cheap, when you're dealing with high throughput requirements and loads, not to mention CPU timing, Disk space it can be quite expensive.

Now for a large server with Windows Server operating you're looking at a price point of .488 per HOUR, now times that by how many servers they need, running 24 hours a day, multiplied for 10 servers (a guess, probably way off), you're looking at roughly $117.20 a day times 30 days is about $3500 a month.

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/Amazon-Web-Services-Microsoft-Windows-Server-2019-/B07QZ4XZ8F#pdp-pricing

This is just for 10 servers, I dont know their backend or requirements as far as CPU, RAM, OS< etc. SO this is a stab in the dark, but saying it is cheap, is simply not true.

Piledrive
1 hour ago, t4nk83 said:

From Nikita's own mouth from one the padcats, it is expensive and something they dont want to do which maybe a temporary influx of new players. I dont deal with AWS, but I do deal with Azure on a daily basis, and even though the instance itself can be cheap, when you're dealing with high throughput requirements and loads, not to mention CPU timing, Disk space it can be quite expensive.

Now for a large server with Windows Server operating you're looking at a price point of .488 per HOUR, now times that by how many servers they need, running 24 hours a day, multiplied for 10 servers (a guess, probably way off), you're looking at roughly $117.20 a day times 30 days is about $3500 a month.

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/Amazon-Web-Services-Microsoft-Windows-Server-2019-/B07QZ4XZ8F#pdp-pricing

This is just for 10 servers, I dont know their backend or requirements as far as CPU, RAM, OS< etc. SO this is a stab in the dark, but saying it is cheap, is simply not true.

Im sure they have backing from the secret Russian Organisation containing 3 letters (Wont mention names) so im sure they will be fine money wise.

d3c0de
5 hours ago, t4nk83 said:

they dont want to expand the server infrastructure, especially since they KNOW that 60% of the new players will fall off for the next hot title or Battle Royal game

48 minutes ago, t4nk83 said:

From Nikita's own mouth from one the padcats, it is expensive and something they dont want to do which maybe a temporary influx of new players.

Please, link me to some evidence of this (the podcast, or other quotes directly from the dev.) If they really say what you're implying that they're saying, I'll go try and refund this game right now, and get my millennial butt out of your face.

Devs, if this is really how you are going to approach this, I can't support your company. If you refuse to rent some temporary space in another datacenter to improve the new player experience, I'm afraid that this is destined to stay a small niche game and never grow. This influx of players will go away and you can go back to normal. People like Tank83 might like that, I guess, and maybe that's your intent as well? We'll see, I suppose.

Also, @t4nk83 if you're born in 1983 like your name suggests, you're also a millennial.

Shryke
1 hour ago, t4nk83 said:

Um, I was a gov cloud Azure architect, and the entire POINT of cloud is spin up/spin down per demand. All clouds worth a poo, anyway. There is zero economic argument for Nikita not to spin up more load servers, if they are (as I have read) cloud-based.

• Like 1

Tasmor
7 hours ago, t4nk83 said:

Ooof how embarrassing. I can't believe you took the time to type this out. This is the kind of comment I would expect from an angry dev on a Reddit burner account. 

You think the game bleeding population is a good thing. You think expanding the server infrastructure to support players that have paid for the game is a bad thing. 

Guy, go get some sun. You need a break. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

t4nk83
2 hours ago, d3c0de said:

Please, link me to some evidence of this (the podcast, or other quotes directly from the dev.) If they really say what you're implying that they're saying, I'll go try and refund this game right now, and get my millennial butt out of your face.

Devs, if this is really how you are going to approach this, I can't support your company. If you refuse to rent some temporary space in another datacenter to improve the new player experience, I'm afraid that this is destined to stay a small niche game and never grow. This influx of players will go away and you can go back to normal. People like Tank83 might like that, I guess, and maybe that's your intent as well? We'll see, I suppose.

Also, @t4nk83 if you're born in 1983 like your name suggests, you're also a millennial.

But he did say in the podcast that he doesn't see a need for more servers, because they are afraid of this is just a phase. It was either Nov Podcast or Decembers, I cant remember, I will re-listen to them and find you which one. Right but I was raised by boomers, not by millennials, its a bit different. I have faith they will do what they want to their game and I am here for the ride.

2 hours ago, Shryke said:

Um, I was a gov cloud Azure architect, and the entire POINT of cloud is spin up/spin down per demand. All clouds worth a poo, anyway. There is zero economic argument for Nikita not to spin up more load servers, if they are (as I have read) cloud-based.

I agree with you. There is always an economic argument, especially out of the Government sector, you know as well as anyone government can and does receive special pricing. Look at Office 365 for Government, Full office suite for @2.00 while private organizations are paying 8.25 and higher. 

It isn't about the ease of spinning up or down servers, I think it is the inherent cost of when those servers are active, and the way the cost can balloon on them.

1 hour ago, Tasmor said:

Ooof how embarrassing. I can't believe you took the time to type this out. This is the kind of comment I would expect from an angry dev on a Reddit burner account. 

You think the game bleeding population is a good thing. You think expanding the server infrastructure to support players that have paid for the game is a bad thing. 

Guy, go get some sun. You need a break. 

I didn't say I agreed with what i heard, I just said it. I think you're the one that needs a break from having such a weird conclusion against someone that you've read one post from. But either way, if that comment made you feel better. Good for you.

MrSmellybeard

Was wondering if something was going on... currently trying to play with some friends and we waited 15 minutes in Factory without getting a game. Now we're 5 mins and counting in Customs and we haven't been matched yet.

Is this a servers problem, or some other issue? Does it try to match you based on group size?

Edited by MrSmellybeard

t4nk83
26 minutes ago, MrSmellybeard said:

Was wondering if something was going on... currently trying to play with some friends and we waited 15 minutes in Factory without getting a game. Now we're 5 mins and counting in Customs and we haven't been matched yet.

Is this a servers problem, or some other issue? Does it try to match you based on group size?

I just got into a raid one of my friends couldn't even get in, was stuck at awaiting session start. Me and the other friends went through the whole raid, extracted now I am stuck on reconnect to raid, but when I do, it says Server Connection Lost.

Darksword23

I've been playing tarkov for about 3 and a half years now. I've never seen matching like this. Sadly i have to play during the night when nobody is on just to get my runs in to keep progressing through this amazing game.. It's really starting to kill my vibe because I dont run into PvP very often.. When i do run into PvP i get one tapped because i dont see it often anymore. So in short.. wait 15 minutes just to die in about 2 minutes :(

Ginger831

Its 100% going to be "just a phase" if they don't add more servers too. And what they are gonna notice is that they will have less players than before this game popped off a month or so ago. Its bad business. I bet at least 10-30% of the new players stay if they fix the servers. And BSG owes it to the people who paid 40+ dollars to at least provide them with a playable game. If I want to get in a raid before work or school I simply have to play a different game because of how long the matching times are. I spend more time matching than I do in game most of the time.

I'm a Chinese player and I do have issue on matching, recently I found that if I match alone I will run into a game almost instantly but if I match with my friends, no matter 2 man team or more, the matching time will increase a lot, days earlier 6-7 minutes but today we can't even get into a single game with more than 15min matching. We tried almost every server all around the world but still can't get it fixed. It's really annoying, we currently leave the game and waiting it to fix. Does anyone have any solutions?

Bundybear

Just keeps getting better and better. Go in as a "team" and one player gets into game while the other sits waiting for session to start..........over 3 minutes latter I get in. BSG  ARE A JOKE

people have Paid good  $$$$ for this game and you are not providing a service. I see Class action on the way

Edited by Bundybear

Yavvez

I waited over an hour and twenty minutes tonight with two other friends trying to get into a PMC didn't get one pop. 4 different maps and multiple reques after waiting for 15_ mins every time. Literally can't play with friends and then get instant solo Q in less than 5mins.

If they don't do something I guarantee they will get no growth. Even if this is just a "phase" and you don't expect the mass to stay wouldn't you be happy with lets say 50% more players or even 25% anymore players i think would be good instead at this point you're going to bleed the new players and start hurting your community cause no one can get in group games. I see Major streamers waiting 15mins+ how long do you think they're going to keep waiting? 

I would expect with the huge influx of new players and streamers really latching on and broadcasting your game the least you'd wanna do with all the money and exposure is make sure the servers run better and handle more games. Seems  to be one of the least expensive routes and with all the new players i'm sure it wouldn't make a dent in the amount they have made over the past 2 months.

No risk, no reward and in this case even less of a risk because there are so many new players you know a portion of them will stay. To waste that opportunity is just baffling.

Devildogairman
On 1/15/2020 at 6:41 PM, Doomballs said:

More players gonna just quit playing this game. Can't run a game on hype alone. 

You don't need servers to support an overhyped game? What???

Papalucas

Just waited 37 minutes for a duo on US servers....

Giving up on the game until they figure this out

DaddySintack

I can't imagine how many players have quit playing by now. I've been trying to get my buddies who are new and really like the game to play with me but none want to because we have to sit in matching for 15-30 minutes PER RAID!!