Sign in to follow this  
TarkovCitizen447027

Why deceive your player base?

TarkovCitizen447027

Ok I have been playing for about 10 wipes now. When I first started playing this game to my understanding of the game was to put a shame to arma. Tho around 3 wipes ago now it seems like you are more focused on survival. Witch mind you the game isn't even Sold or described as by your own page web page.( Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough. ) Witch by your own web site you are going for more of a simulator then a survival game. So why are we being sold and told one thing and you are making another? plus you were better at just making a good shooter with a new twist then a survival game!!! Plz good back to your roots!!!

Xarc
1 hour ago, TarkovCitizen447027 said:

When I first started playing this game to my understanding of the game was to put a shame to arma.

I don't think BSG is trying to shame some other games/developers ... they make their own game according to their vision.

What/how it will be in the end ... we just have to wait and see(soonTM). :)

StupidNub123

In any actually realistic game there have to be survival elements or focuses, so it makes sense that survival is being emphasized more.

TarkovCitizen447027
15 minutes ago, StupidNub123 said:

In any actually realistic game there have to be survival elements or focuses, so it makes sense that survival is being emphasized more.

eat and drinking dont fit this argument? not to mention they have radiation and Gas areas that are going to be added. Soo them going as far as limiting things like buying guns and/or ammo to add to the survival part of the game doesn't fit the game other then to limit what ppl can buy and sell on the flea market. which can be solved others way's like making flea market find in raid only items. other then that the reason I made this post is I watched one of the newer dev pod casts and Nakita said he wants to make this game into a survival game. Witch is not why I got this game in the first place. It was sold to me as a "Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.". Don't get me wrong Tarkov is a good game. In my opinion they are forgetting what they set out to make and changing it a bit which it's there game they'll do what they want in the end. Tho thats not why I got into this game is why the post. 

• Sad 2

StupidNub123
1 hour ago, TarkovCitizen447027 said:

eat and drinking dont fit this argument? not to mention they have radiation and Gas areas that are going to be added. Soo them going as far as limiting things like buying guns and/or ammo to add to the survival part of the game doesn't fit the game other then to limit what ppl can buy and sell on the flea market. which can be solved others way's like making flea market find in raid only items. other then that the reason I made this post is I watched one of the newer dev pod casts and Nakita said he wants to make this game into a survival game. Witch is not why I got this game in the first place. It was sold to me as a "Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.". Don't get me wrong Tarkov is a good game. In my opinion they are forgetting what they set out to make and changing it a bit which it's there game they'll do what they want in the end. Tho thats not why I got into this game is why the post. 

To survive, you have to eat and drink. Games change as they go through development, and i think that these changes have made the game harder and more interesting, as well as more realistic.

Kremson
3 hours ago, TarkovCitizen447027 said:

Ok I have been playing for about 10 wipes now. 

You joined almost 2 years ago theres only been I do believe only 5 wipes in the past 2 years give or take a wipe but no way its been 10 wipe cycles. As to the rest of what you said I am just SMH on cause you are kind of contradicting yourself . 

J0e223

I get what you are saying but at the same time with the hardcore aspect maybe they are focusing on survival as well. if this game is supposd to be to the point where you are a ex operative from usec or the bear faction trying to find out about tarkov, terragroup etc. in a real life setting yes you would need to survive. as of right now there survival things are super basics. eat drink med really is all there is. but in a raid what are you also trying to do with each raid? survive and do whatever it is you setout to do in said raid. so it can be a survival game in some aspects. with what im thinking they are doing is trying to be that game that sets the bar for this type of thing. there is nothing else like this on the market nor has anything been announced either. so with all that being a hardcore shooter of this level and all the survival aspect would just go hand in hand

RealxTrix
15 hours ago, StupidNub123 said:

To survive, you have to eat and drink. Games change as they go through development, and i think that these changes have made the game harder and more interesting, as well as more realistic.

Mmmmm realistic... I cant put this gun in this box cuz its not a "weapon" box. I get shot in the head in a raid but when i go to heal at the main menu my whole body is damaged. I need to drink a whole bottle of water every 20-30 minutes. Fastest way to kill someone with armor is.... shoot their legs. Tarkov was more fun at first, now that  they are restricting so many things its just going to be another cookies cutter survival game. We will be building bases like rust before you know it, trust me. Oh wait.... Hideout...

huntterx
3 hours ago, RealxTrix said:

Mmmmm realistic... I cant put this gun in this box cuz its not a "weapon" box. I get shot in the head in a raid but when i go to heal at the main menu my whole body is damaged. I need to drink a whole bottle of water every 20-30 minutes. Fastest way to kill someone with armor is.... shoot their legs. Tarkov was more fun at first, now that  they are restricting so many things its just going to be another cookies cutter survival game. We will be building bases like rust before you know it, trust me. Oh wait.... Hideout...

getting shot in head is really fatal and does damage to the rest of your body mate, nerve damage and blood circulation mainly. As for water, did you forget how fast time is going by ingame? Armor, no poo, shoot someone in a place meant to protect body or shoot someone in a place with no protection?
Can't argue for gun though, only idea is size of box but weapons cases look like they cant fit as much poo as they do

huntterx
22 hours ago, TarkovCitizen447027 said:

Ok I have been playing for about 10 wipes now. When I first started playing this game to my understanding of the game was to put a shame to arma. Tho around 3 wipes ago now it seems like you are more focused on survival. Witch mind you the game isn't even Sold or described as by your own page web page.( Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough. ) Witch by your own web site you are going for more of a simulator then a survival game. So why are we being sold and told one thing and you are making another? plus you were better at just making a good shooter with a new twist then a survival game!!! Plz good back to your roots!!!

real life is survival, humanity just aced it due to intelligence in case you haven't realized. As for realistic online shooter? lets see, real life, loosing blood causes lack of water and energy, is it in game? check. Does getting shot allow for broken parts? check, is there a multitude of meds for different injuries lick real life? check. You're complaining about the devs making a realistic shooter a realistic shooter.

RealxTrix
8 hours ago, huntterx said:

getting shot in head is really fatal and does damage to the rest of your body mate, nerve damage and blood circulation mainly. As for water, did you forget how fast time is going by ingame? Armor, no poo, shoot someone in a place meant to protect body or shoot someone in a place with no protection?
Can't argue for gun though, only idea is size of box but weapons cases look like they cant fit as much poo as they do

I think you missed the point... its not the headshot... Same thing happens if you die to a leg wound, whole body needs to be healed. Its a video game, not real life. Trying to make it real is going to ruin it. Tactical shooters tend to shy away from absolute realism because that would suck... lol If you want it to be realistic then Perma death, lose all exp, stats, and stash items when your PMC dies. They you can argue for realism, until then, keep it a fun video game thats balanced. Balanced doesnt mean realistic.

t4nk83

It's all a beta, and they got a big fat disclaimer saying that anything can and will change so dont expect it to remain the same. The game will change and evolve as time goes on.

I personally like the way it is going, other may not. To each his own.

huntterx
1 hour ago, RealxTrix said:

I think you missed the point... its not the headshot... Same thing happens if you die to a leg wound, whole body needs to be healed. Its a video game, not real life. Trying to make it real is going to ruin it. Tactical shooters tend to shy away from absolute realism because that would suck... lol If you want it to be realistic then Perma death, lose all exp, stats, and stash items when your PMC dies. They you can argue for realism, until then, keep it a fun video game thats balanced. Balanced doesnt mean realistic.

i choose the word realism for a reason, it's the ideology not accuracy. Idea of having real life mechanics, but also a game thats enjoyable