JustBiased

Rolling Onto Your Back While Prone

JustBiased

Being able to roll onto your back while prone would further enhance the immersion into a real fire fight. As it currently stands in the game going prone is only beneficial if the enemy does not know where you are at. Going prone when the enemy knows your location immediately places you at a disadvantage with only a very select few options. One of the worst-case scenarios being, if the enemy is behind you when you go prone. To mitigate the drawback of going prone when coming into contact from the rear, I suggest implementing the ability to roll onto your back. This option will help level the odds of surviving such an encounter by creating more uncertainty; even if the approaching player thinks he/she has the drop on their target. You could even take it a step further and limit movement while on your back to strictly pushing with your feet; considering your hands will be occupied with your weapon and you are basically a turtle.

• Upvote 1

sackmycack

I feel Like the only way to add this would be like in siege where depending on your surroundings changes how you lay.

JustBiased

Contextual body position would be great for increasing the immersion. It would create more of a sense of physics in the game instead of simply being able to prone in, otherwise impossible, positions. 

TheRealOxMan

I want to be able to roll on my back and also I think we should be able to continue rolling to get out of the way. 

This would exert a lot of stamina unless you are rolling down hill but rolling down hill would also take a small amount of control away from slowing down?

I think this would be great.

I think forward rolls also have a place in this game for players with a high skill in movement

chrisragnar

I struggle too see how often this would be usefull. Especially sins backpacks would block it..

SSG_HALO

I would love to see and implementation of this. if you have a large bag on you wouldn't be able to do it but with smaller bags you should be able to roll over.

ACuddlyBadger

Should depend on how much volume in the backpack is used. Backpacks should appear deflated when they are empty and they should puff up as you fill them. When they have too much of their volume taken up, they limit your ability to use movement, or they will prohibit you entirely. 

Spoiler

Forward rolls would be a good thing for the game. Movement is arguably more important than gunfighting mechanics, at least to me it is for an immersive experience. 

Shed weight > Jump/fall > hit ground > Crouch key as the recovery animation starts to roll before the window is up > Roll out of fall. 

If you don't crouch to roll soon enough, you crush your head into your knees and concuss yourself, or you break/sprain your wrists catching yourself. Your parkour/agility skill (It should be a thing, traceurs would have a huge advantage over everybody who isn't one in SHTF) increases the time window for these actions, reduces the risk of an injury, reduces noise, and increases the speed of animations for vaulting and climbing. Having a gun in your hands or on your back increases the severity and risk of getting injured, this penalty scales 1:1 with the weight and volume of the gun.