wut_am_i_doing

So there I was.......

wut_am_i_doing

Saw a figure creeping about in the distance, so I dropped prone, crawled forward a bit seemingly safe behind tall grass with a building on my right.

Waited to see if the figure I saw would re-appear...

Then around the corner, looking directly at me a player takes me out.
They knew exactly where I was lying, despite me lying prone in grass and (from the direction they came) being behind a solid building.

How, how did they know where to aim EXACTLY before they had cleared the building?

Hate to be "that guy" that yells "HACKER!!"    but the game is a challenge as it is, without dubious crap like that happening

wut_am_i_doing

Just did a quick google search..........  (escape from tarkov cheats)

Bloody hell, there's a ton out there and it's not even out of beta yet.

Why do people use cheats?  what's the point?  If you don't like the challenge, go play snap with a 2 year old and stop ruining the game for people who payed money for it.

And what are the publishers/developers going to do about it?

I hate humans

Edited by wut_am_i_doing
added more

Gishank

Without a recording it's quite hard to theorise what may have occurred in your situation. It's possible that as you spotted the guy, the guy spotted you. Standard grass shouldn't be relied upon for cover - at distance due to LOD it doesn't render. It's also possible that you were heard crawling, which gave your position away. Simply put, whilst there have been cases of cheaters existing in EFT, it isn't necessarily the case.  

wut_am_i_doing

You're right, video would help.

But I've been around long enough to know how to hide (60 yo this year, and 21 years service in the army)

The grass wasn't the problem, it was that I was completely still, not moving for at least 30 seconds behind a solid wall, the guy already had his weapon pointed at me, positioned ready to shoot right at my dome.

If I was making noise, sure you could say he was smart and being prepared.  But a still, prone person lying down behind hard cover?   Nope.

Cest7

If you see them, they see you.

wut_am_i_doing

UM... I didn't see them.. did you read my post? they came from behind a wall.

Underhook

Grass in Tarkov does not render very far.  They probably just saw you and thought, why is that player lying out in the open.  Make sure you are playing with you graphic settings low.  So, you know what others are seeing.

wut_am_i_doing

FFS,

1.   Again, the player came from directly behind a solid wall, the grass had nothing to do with him. How is being behind a building wall "out in the open"?
He knew where I was BEFORE clearing the wall.  OK?

2.  Setting graphics options to low so you can see through vegetation (Not, as it's intended, to compensate for a lower spec machine) is an exploit to gain unfair advantage, and I won't lower myself to that level. It plagued WT, and is currently destroying HLL.

I'm getting a bit frustrated that ppl aren't reading the whole post, and just jumping to the "was lying in grass and complained he got shot" idea.

No.  I saw a figure in the distance (bot or player, unsure) so dropped prone to see if I could get the drop on them.
>30 seconds later a completely different figure, most likely a player, came from behind a solid building wall and one shotted me in the head, this player could not have seen me even if I was standing on my hands naked and tugging my dick.
The player knew, somehow, my exact location and height, I saw them come around the wall, already aimed at my head, one shot, dead.
It could not have been the figure in the distance, they were heading in the opposite direction, and were more that 30 seconds travel away.
It could have been a team mate, talking on discord that warned the player to my location, but I still feel that they would need to actually pause a second to see exactly where I was and aim after clearing the wall, this guy was pre-aimed exactly spot on.

kruppw

There was a posting can’t remember where, but they said if you turn down the rendering or shadows the enemy player can be seen easier. I could be wrong but since grass is not rendered correctly it would make sense that if shadows or what were turn down they can see you. I vaguely remember seeing it on this site.

SgtFancypants
5 hours ago, kruppw said:

There was a posting can’t remember where, but they said if you turn down the rendering or shadows the enemy player can be seen easier. I could be wrong but since grass is not rendered correctly it would make sense that if shadows or what were turn down they can see you. I vaguely remember seeing it on this site.

This is a trick people use in War Thunder to get an advantage, run the lowest possible graphics settings and players stand out very clearly.  I'm surprised I haven't come across more conversation about this here.

Zoanthid

Its not even worth it to argue with people here and it doesnt matter how much solid evidence you provide they will never admit that hackers are prevalent here. If you provide solid evidence it will be removed by the mods and you will get suspended from the forum for a few days, happens often. 

Grovak

Youre certain you werent seen before going prone and they weren't using a thermal, or both? 

Its also possible that they had an active headset and heard you prone moving which is a huge tell about your position.....

ColonelGraff
On 1/18/2020 at 10:26 AM, wut_am_i_doing said:

Saw a figure creeping about in the distance, so I dropped prone, crawled forward a bit seemingly safe behind tall grass with a building on my right.

Waited to see if the figure I saw would re-appear...

Then around the corner, looking directly at me a player takes me out.
They knew exactly where I was lying, despite me lying prone in grass and (from the direction they came) being behind a solid building.

How, how did they know where to aim EXACTLY before they had cleared the building?

Hate to be "that guy" that yells "HACKER!!"    but the game is a challenge as it is, without dubious crap like that happening

Might have been thermals... but then again.. thermals... cheats.. same thing )