Jump to content

Hatchlings and secure containers


Polsevani

Recommended Posts

This is known topic with a lot of controversial. Take into account that for me the best solution is that all stuff you find in a raid wouldn´t be allowed to put into the secure container until you extract with it.
But I have a suggestion in a bit different way. Why not to allow the PMC´s the use of one secure container type depending of the gear value that they put in risk into the raid? This is my example:

  • up to 50.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing no secure container or a new secure container 2x1
  • +50.000 to 150.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Alpha 2x2
  • +150.000 to 400.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Beta 3x2
  • +400.000 to 700.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Epsilon 4x2
  • +700.000 to 1.000.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Gamma 3x3
  • +1.000.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Kappa 4x3

Of course the use of a type of the secure container would depend of what account you belong:
"standard edition" and "left behind" up to Alpha container 2x2, "prepare for escape" up to Beta container 3x2 and "edge of darkness" up to Gamma container 3x3 us usual.

Another topic about the keys into secure container, why is it allow to use a key while is stored in the secure container? the key should be moved in a pocket or a rig slot in order to use it as everything else inside and therefore the hatchling guys would have to risk his precious key at least for a moment.

What do you think guys?

Best regards

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 6:01 AM, Polsevani said:

This is known topic with a lot of controversial. Take into account that for me the best solution is that all stuff you find in a raid wouldn´t be allowed to put into the secure container until you extract with it.
But I have a suggestion in a bit different way. Why not to allow the PMC´s the use of one secure container type depending of the gear value that they put in risk into the raid? This is my example:

  • up to 50.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing no secure container or a new secure container 2x1
  • +50.000 to 150.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Alpha 2x2
  • +150.000 to 400.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Beta 3x2
  • +400.000 to 700.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Epsilon 4x2
  • +700.000 to 1.000.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Gamma 3x3
  • +1.000.000 rubles gear´s value --> allowing secure container Kappa 4x3

Of course the use of a type of the secure container would depend of what account you belong:
"standard edition" and "left behind" up to Alpha container 2x2, "prepare for escape" up to Beta container 3x2 and "edge of darkness" up to Gamma container 3x3 us usual.

Another topic about the keys into secure container, why is it allow to use a key while is stored in the secure container? the key should be moved in a pocket or a rig slot in order to use it as everything else inside and therefore the hatchling guys would have to risk his precious key at least for a moment.

What do you think guys?

Best regards

People seem to forget that the secure container what implemented as a way to not lose everything. If you are down on your luck, have lost everything, reset ur account, lost it again then what? Dont play until wipe? Secure containers are what allow people who have nothing to still earn some loot. Can it be abused? Sure. Should squads be qued with solo players? No. Should i have to heal my whole body after dying to a leg shot? No. Can i put this 4 slot healing item into this 10 slot weapon box? No. Some things have to be in the game to make it playable even to players who are unlucky or dont know the game yet. Restricting what and when you can use the secure containers would only alienate those players more. People would be forced to go play something else until the next wipe. My very first time playing EFT i lost it all because i didnt understand how the game works, reset my account, lost it all again. Call me bad, tell me to get good, or whatever but i farmed my way back up with my secure container. Now i use it for mostly keys, dogtags, and healing. But its purpose is to keep players in the game who have nothing. If anything your list should be reversed, the less you have the bigger the container. Why should a fully kit'd player with millions of rubles be able to store MORE protected loot? lol

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RealxTrix said:

 If anything your list should be reversed, the less you have the bigger the container. Why should a fully kit'd player with millions of rubles be able to store MORE protected loot? lol

yeah i agree

also lvl 40+ players should only be allowed to wear paca's and dufflebags, while everyone below lvl 10 should get a free attac 2 each raid complimented by a fort armor, because why should the people that play a lot have more than players who play once a week. its not fair and new people are going to quit!

and also to op, i dont like this idea at all. something should be done against hatchling loot rushers, but not this

Edited by rav91
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rav91 said:

yeah i agree

also lvl 40+ players should only be allowed to wear paca's and dufflebags, while everyone below lvl 10 should get a free attac 2 each raid complimented by a fort armor, because why should the people that play a lot have more than players who play once a week. its not fair and new people are going to quit!

and also to op, i dont like this idea at all. something should be done against hatchling loot rushers, but not this

I feel a lot of sarcasm in this post lol, but i understand the mindset of players who play more will have more stuff. I just dont think you should give them more PROTECTED loot, because they obviously can afford plenty of gear at that point. It just widens the gap between them and lower level players. Funny comment though.

 

5 hours ago, Xarc said:

@Polsevani No ... secure containers should be the same for all.

There is no abuse of secure container (everyone manage their container how they want). But if you referring at glitches, this is another thing.

Yes, if they are from the same faction or at least avoid to kill them.

They are limiting what you can put in your secure containers with every patch. We started by being able to put almost anything in them and now a few types of items arent allowed in them is what i meant. And if you are saying that its ok for groups to go around killing solo players then your one of the groups doing it lol. There is a clear advantage to having a group to play with over solo playing so why not make the groups fight other groups instead of putting them with solo players? It just makes sense. Yea i know shroud can wipe a whole squad, but the game shouldnt be built around the playstyle of the absolute best players. It should be based around the average player. The majority if you will. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RealxTrix said:

I feel a lot of sarcasm in this post lol, but i understand the mindset of players who play more will have more stuff. I just dont think you should give them more PROTECTED loot, because they obviously can afford plenty of gear at that point. It just widens the gap between them and lower level players. Funny comment though.


true, but neither should it be the other way around. Op's balancing attempt is just horrible in general.
all people should have the same container in the beginning and then progressively upgrade through quests etc.
But i understand the gamma is a good incentive for bsg to sell EoD so it is what it is.

If i had something to say i would lock all the secure containers completely in raids.



also the whole group/solo thing has been discussed thousands of times, nikita said there will never be any matchmaking and the game is designed around playing in groups.
I find it odd because there isnt a single mechanic in the game that promotes teamplay, you cant heal your mate, most maps barely have enough loot for a team of 2, let alone for 4 or 5, sometimes you dont even have the same extracts...
Im a solo player too and i think at least teams should be limited to 3 max. 
5man factory means there will be just 1 other pmc  how is that even remotely fun or balanced?
Also playing in team should disable insurance, because the whole "hide my gear in a bush" is stupid in my opinion.

Edited by rav91
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rav91 said:


true, but neither should it be the other way around. Op's balancing attempt is just horrible in general.
all people should have the same container in the beginning and then progressively upgrade through quests etc.
But i understand the gamma is a good incentive for bsg to sell EoD so it is what it is.

If i had something to say i would lock all the secure containers completely in raids.



also the whole group/solo thing has been discussed thousands of times, nikita said there will never be any matchmaking and the game is designed around playing in groups.
I find it odd because there isnt a single mechanic in the game that promotes teamplay, you cant heal your mate, most maps barely have enough loot for a team of 2, let alone for 4 or 5, sometimes you dont even have the same extracts...
Im a solo player too and i think at least teams should be limited to 3 max. 
5man factory means there will be just 1 other pmc  how is that even remotely fun or balanced?
Also playing in team should disable insurance, because the whole "hide my gear in a bush" is stupid in my opinion.

Well if its true that this game is supposed to be a team based game they have failed horribly at it so far. More often than not i hear that joining random groups ends with someone being team killed and all their gear taken. And with the lore of everyone being EX-soldiers means they have no loyalty to anyone but themselves. Its all about getting out of tarkov. And secure containers are a must have mechanic in a game like this. If you lose everything, how are you supposed to build yourself back up? Having a safety net helps you get back in the fight. Now the size of containers and all that is another story. If the best container was only purchasable with real world money then i would agree that its a bad idea but the Kappa is a quest reward i believe. I just think there are a lot of issues they have not thought of yet. Playing with other people always ends with someone getting more than the other. Someone gets the good gun, good armor, or rare item and the other guy gets whats left. It just doesnt make sense in a game like this. Especially with team killing lol. But hey i dont have to worry about that because ive never squaded up before and i dont plan on it unless they force us to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This has to be a troll post... the secure container is meant to give you a guarantee.  If someone wants to run in fast (faster than you) then so be it.  There is risk and reward here.  The flipside is it COULD be a PMC thats a walking tank... there isn't consideration given to player levels and gear access in matchmaker so... I'll take an opposing dude thats naked over a walking battleship any day.  In short, let people play how they want.  This is Escape from Tarkov not "The Polsevani experience".

 

Edited by DZ
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:55 AM, RealxTrix said:

Well if its true that this game is supposed to be a team based game they have failed horribly at it so far.

I disagree with this completely, For months Ive played this solo. in last couple moths Ive been playing ina  group, different game, really enjoy it. I would not go into a random group though, you need comms (Pity they cant use the Arma in game chat, I used that all the time when playing Arma, brilliant)

Link to post
Share on other sites

While everything else he said was trash. I do think you shouldn’t be able to use keys or items from the secure container without potential ramifications. I was actually surprise when I could use things from the secure container basically unhindered. I don’t think one should have to move it to pocket to use an item, I do believe it should be a delay like when searching. You should be exposed while you are preoccupied opening an secure container with latches  in a War zone. The added tension would be a plus IMO. 

Edited by DaGooCh
Clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkeletalElite
6 hours ago, DaGooCh said:

While everything else he said was trash. I do think you shouldn’t be able to use keys or items from the secure container without potential ramifications. I was actually surprise when I could use things from the secure container basically unhindered. I don’t think one should have to move it to pocket to use an item, I do believe it should be a delay like when searching. You should be exposed while you are preoccupied opening an secure container with latches  in a War zone. The added tension would be a plus IMO. 

No because door camping to steal high value keys sounds like complete cancer

Link to post
Share on other sites
astolfo_bean

Just make the process of putting things into the container similar to using a Surv12 kit. You need to stay still and watch a 20 second animation while your character opens the container, puts your LVL 42 hatchling earned Graphics Card in it, closes it and then you're fine.

If people don't like this approach because it would be tedious to put a lot of stuff in the container; then make it so you can put stuff in your container, but to "apply" the changes you have to do the long stunned animation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SkeletalElite said:

No because door camping to steal high value keys sounds like complete cancer

 Take the time to clear the area.  A lot easier to clear sight lines to a door in  a hallway than an extract of all outside.  Just got to be tactical about it. Lol that would cut down on the yolo running with your head down hatchling run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...