MrCyberdude

OCE First Post ever - 10 minute launch times - More SERVERS needed.

MrCyberdude

With 5-10 minutes wait time between game launches it is obvious that more servers need to be installed in Australia.

The latest update has COMPLETELY BROKEN gaming in Australia (down-under) as before Singapore and HongKong could be selected but now any server with pings over 150ms cannot be selected. 

Is there a way to configure the server selection manually via an .ini file?

Can someone direct me to where the thread about getting more Australian Servers is?

If anyone knows a dev at Tarkov let them know that we really need Australia Servers as 3 fellow gamers said this is worse than DayZ server issues back in the day.

MrCyberdude

• Upvote 5

Narghar

Like it has been stated many times it takes time to add server capacity from their current service provider. In a lot of cases the server deals take atleast a month to renew/change and it is really hard to react in to this kind of increase in player base. 

I think Nikita said in yesterdays podcast that they are working on it but it takes time, and that they are gathering info how much more server capacity they need(you dont want too much extra capacity because that is expensive) 

• Sad 2

menoseeyou

Me and my buddies are waiting for this to be addressed before purchasing. Not going to buy into a poor playing experience due to servers/lack of servers.

• Like 1

Arakassi

The wait times in Oceania are extremely long, 10-15 minutes for a game. Had to laugh at the EFT Official announcement to not select just one server via the launcher, the majority of Aussies only have 1 server to choose from due to the 150 ping limit. Sydney had 2 servers in the past but was dropped due to low numbers, either they add it back or up the max ping to 180 so we can play Hong Kong Singapore without using other means.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 2

PyroYoda

I am currently playing on Hongkong and Singapore. I'm supposed to be on OCE.

Bundybear

10-15 minutes is a short wait atm, I'm on OCE servers and having to wait up to 35 minutes a game.

MrCyberdude
14 hours ago, PyroYoda said:

How? Are you in Australia OCE location?

I'm in Australia and cannot select Singapore or HongKong like I used to before this weeks update..

• Like 1

MrCyberdude
On 1/19/2020 at 12:22 AM, Narghar said:

Like it has been stated many times it takes time to add server capacity from their current service provider. In a lot of cases the server deals take atleast a month to renew/change and it is really hard to react in to this kind of increase in player base. 

I think Nikita said in yesterdays podcast that they are working on it but it takes time, and that they are gathering info how much more server capacity they need(you dont want too much extra capacity because that is expensive) 

That is absolutely not true as I used to admin on the Australian servers for ARMA3 King of the Hill (KotH)etc.
There is nothing hard about it, there are costs but at this rate they will be losing people faster than a fart in an elevator does.

If someone gets a Dev to contact me I can pass the details and make a price inquiry based on their requirements.

Limbless
52 minutes ago, MrCyberdude said:

I'm in Australia and cannot select Singapore or HongKong like I used to before this weeks update..

I also can use Singapore, and it's the only way I actually get any matches at all. I get ~100 ping to it, from Melbourne. I've got both it and Sydney selected but I've never once actually been put into a Sydney game. Agree there should definitely be a second server added. I hear 3 was historically too many, so 2 should be good.

• Thanks 1

kaltenp

3 servers was not to many if you didnt have time to wait for a game, it was only too many if you were someone playing or streaming looking for constant farming, sorry, PVP of new players on a niche game. now with how many are playing, ( if they still are, I know i have cut back because i will not spend 15 minutes waiting for a raid. thats commodore 64 tape drive standard computing), you will still get people across 3 servers it just wont be call of duty type play, and yes it might drop abit but with the wipe if history is an example there will be a huge demand on servers again but hey why plan ahead.

• Like 1

Cjx
On 1/19/2020 at 10:11 AM, PyroYoda said:

Hong Kong and Singapore are part of the Oceanic region. If you internet is good enough to keep ping down then you can play on them.

People who cannot select them is just because their current ping is too high.

I have been able to select Hong Kong myself on and off on certain days depending on how my internet is going.

Edited by Cjx
Further clarification.

PyroYoda
11 hours ago, MrCyberdude said:

Yes, I am in OCE area. Also, I have NBN.

Edited by PyroYoda

PyroYoda
8 minutes ago, Cjx said:

Hong Kong and Singapore are part of the Oceanic region. If you internet is good enough to keep ping down then you can play on them.

People who cannot select them is just because their current ping is too high.

I have been able to select Hong Kong myself on and off on certain days depending on how my internet is going.

Yes, correct.

Piledrive
On 1/19/2020 at 12:22 AM, Narghar said:

Well its really not that hard if they are using AWS/Cloud tech. You spin up more servers as needed, and if the player base drops away, then remove them. With all the extra money they got from the twitch event, The matter of "Cost" is bullshit.

Also, considering how weak our dollar is atm, they should be getting a great deal.  This is lazy on their part and also negligent.

Also, according to them, Hong kong, singapore ect are not part of OCE, they have Asia as the region next to their servers, where as Sydney has OCE so clearly different regions.

This needs to be addressed asap with a new server or 2 in syd/oce 

Grimm285

its just the weekends, week time gaming is fine 

TUALMASOK

I've had some issues with long matching times on weekends, but during the week it is fine. Also remember that Sydney used to have two servers, and one was shut down quite some time before .12 was released. BSG hamstrung us ages ago.

kaltenp

for godness sake if you play during the day in the week it is ok, any peak time like evenings or weekends it is poo. i work shift and now only play on off shifts during hours when most people are at work because i can get a game but it is not ideal. If we want this game to be long term, and i at least do, they only have a limited time to lock people in before others that are already looking at this format decide that it might be profitable after all enter the market dilute the base and duck it like they have for all other fps games. AS MUCH AS A PAIN AS IT MIGHT BE YOU HAVE TO CATER FOR PEAK DEMAND IN THIS FIELD, not average it out. if most people play at night and weekends the infastructure MUST be there for them. The game is great but time is precious.

MrCyberdude
On 1/20/2020 at 2:22 AM, Limbless said:

I also can use Singapore, and it's the only way I actually get any matches at all. I get ~100 ping to it, from Melbourne. I've got both it and Sydney selected but I've never once actually been put into a Sydney game. Agree there should definitely be a second server added. I hear 3 was historically too many, so 2 should be good.

I do not know when you last successfully connected as things changed last week.

From Melbourne on 2020/01/21 @1252 I get the following ping times, as in the attachment screenshot,

That's not the only issue though, the server wait times are also crazy for Sydney, but this screenshot is taken at Melbourne Australia at lunch time hence the low wait time compared to the often 10 minutes wait time..

*20ms Sydney     OCE Server - The ONLY ONE - Normally ~10+ Minutes wait time at night.

167ms LosAngeles-1

176ms LosAngeles-2

240ms Phoenix

215ms Seattle

214ms StLouis

233ms Miami-1

235ms Singapore     OCE Server?  Previously ~150ms from Melbourne prior to last weeks server update

241ms Beauharnois

244ms WashingtonDC

244ms HongKong     OCE Server?  Previously ~150ms from Melbourne prior to last weeks server update

242ms Chicago

242ms Miami-2

249ms NewYorkCity

274ms London

A new OCE server is needed or immediately allow a 200 Ping server connection.

EFT Sydney Singapore Ping 20200221-1252.png

• Upvote 2

Andypandy69

27+ minutes in queue is not cool.

image.thumb.png.fcbe4b9dc888404443552267a8e88590.png

• Upvote 2

Limbless
11 minutes ago, Andypandy69 said:

I'm getting the same right now, and many others. Feels like the server's broken.

BigHeadGreg

$210 on a game that i cant play

JackPreacher

+1 for more resources in Australia please - either Sydney or Melbourne. I bought Tarkov last week and have played 2 games in Sydney (<30 ping). 98% of my games are in Singapore, with 110+ ping. Those are the only 2 sites I can select.

Glad I didn't spend $$$ on the EOD version...

Edited by JackPreacher

Andypandy69
42 minutes ago, Andypandy69 said:

image.thumb.png.fcbe4b9dc888404443552267a8e88590.png

I actually backed out at 40 minutes. went and did something else.

Kat22

It is currently terrible, I was watching one streamer struggle to get into a raid, Over 30 minutes. For those who have multiple options, i dont think this is the place for you to say anything. We do not have a lot of options available to us. 

And for those that think hong kong and singapore are OCE, No, they are asi.

madd72x

I am having this problem aswell 10-15min waiting times and can only select australian server.