ProsperousHope

Remove Woods

ProsperousHope

The map is horrible, and just trying to get the Jaeger unlock is tedious and non-fun. The complete lack of landmarks and the fact that if you don't have a Thermal scope you're probably gonna die from someone who you have 0% chance of seeing does not make for good design.

• Sad 5

FreemanUruguay

My favorite map

Underhook
20 minutes ago, ProsperousHope said:

The map is horrible, and just trying to get the Jaeger unlock is tedious and non-fun. The complete lack of landmarks and the fact that if you don't have a Thermal scope you're probably gonna die from someone who you have 0% chance of seeing does not make for good design.

I am not a good player but I think the map is good.   Thermals are bad for the game.  If they are going to allow then they need to make them realistic, which would probably increase server stress (so they probably wont do it).

Forien
9 hours ago, Underhook said:

Thermals are bad for the game.  If they are going to allow then they need to make them realistic,

At the moment thermals are limited by range. They completely cutoff about 200-300 meters away depending on which thermal we are talking about. If you want them realistic, then you want them to have more range, but becoming less contrasted with range instead. But still, that would allow even more sniping with thermals

9 hours ago, ProsperousHope said:

The complete lack of landmarks

You mean complete lack of spatial awareness and being unable to navigate? Map is actually really well designed in terms of landmarks. Maybe just have better map open?

FreddieBoi02

Then just stop playing the map...

RealxTrix

There is an easy fix for thermals. Battery life. You can replace batteries out of raid but not in raid. Batteries run out after say 5 minutes of use, meaning you have to use them sparingly. About the woods map though, i have literally never played it. I run customs, factory, and reserve so i have no idea about how good (or bad) the map is, but taking it away should be the last option. If it is as bad as you say then they could just add more landmarks or something.

Underhook
12 hours ago, Forien said:

At the moment thermals are limited by range. They completely cutoff about 200-300 meters away depending on which thermal we are talking about. If you want them realistic, then you want them to have more range, but becoming less contrasted with range instead. But still, that would allow even more sniping with thermals

You mean complete lack of spatial awareness and being unable to navigate? Map is actually really well designed in terms of landmarks. Maybe just have better map open?

Thanks, I didnt know the range was limited.  As far as realism is concerned I was thinking more along the lines of invisible players in areas where the background temp is the same as the players temp.  In this way sneaky players could learn which areas have body temp at which time of day.