agent_smashing

This game is complete horseshit

agent_smashing

So first let me say to all the "this game is hard-core you should've read what you were getting into, ha ha noobs give us easy loot" assholes, this game will rot and die if it continues to be ultra anti-new players. The learning CLIFF is bullshit and it'll go the way of eve online if it keeps up. I have watched 5 hours of videos on how to play it, I have sunk about 40 hours into the game, I understand the basics, that's not the problem here.

That out of the way, the maps not telling you where to extract are complete bullshit, I can't count the amount of times I've died because I haven't memorized a map and went either MIA or died with a bag of loot, and yes I've tried having it up on the 2nd monitor, it doesn't matter, its so easy to get turned around. The game desperately needs at least a compass to start.

The hit detection is a joke, if you want to be a "hard core" game this is something you're going to have to get right. The only reason streamers like this game is because they actually are able to amass an inventory, new players cannot because not only are they at a huge disadvantage being solo but they also infrequently are able to actually hit shots. If you can't get even basic net code correct this game will always come down to the flip of a coin in gun fights which is what it feels like now. If I shoot a dude 5 feet away with a shot gun he should die, period.

There are zero sign posts on what to do in the game. Not even a basic tutorial, asking 40$ for this rage-inducing sh it show is a complete travesty.

People who aren't doing well at the game are punished severely. The inability to make money except inside a scav run is terrible, that basically means once you're out of money your only option is to play every 15 minutes in a scav run. If you paid 40$ for a game you should not be limited to playing it every 20 minutes because lets be honest match making takes 5 minimum.

Proceed to tell me how hardcore this game is now and how killing noobs provides the validation for your lives nothing else can. I'm out, f uck this trash.

Edited by agent_smashing
  • Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 10

Bot_3

If you can make it out of a scav run you can make it out as a pmc. 

Really the maps have 2 extracts, and factory only has 1 without a key, if you hug a wall youll eventually get to a exit.

If you can, record your deaths, it could be eye opening to see where your bullets are actually going in slomo.

When in doubt wiggle.... maybe youll make a new friend

NPC78745

Hackers run the show, if you are a veteran player and can't admit it, im sorry

• Sad 2

Dusty747

you are missing the point. being new to the maps was one of the best parts, it added to the tension and forced you to play the survival angle. the hardcore element of the game punishes you for making mistakes that you have to learn from. there is a steep learning curve in this game that makes it "hardcore" if that what you want to call it

McHibbins

It is a niche game,  it is hardcore so it is not for everyone,  for a casual player unwilling to learn. 

Like EvE. ...speaking of EvE,  it is not Dead.  It is one of the oldest MMOs still running today. 

And how many casual MMOs really died in the meantime? 

HungryManster

I agree with the compass. A PMC would definitely have a compass on them.

rav91

theres already     a compass in the game, the sun, i dont know how accurate it is though.

Shaktimaan

@agent_smashing

I mean, learn how to read a map. Period.

The compass cannot do anything for you since you clearly can't read a map. The community created maps have extremely good landmarks and you can easily figure out where you are in 3 minutes even you have some kind of a short term memory loss kind of a disease.

On top of that you have a second monitor, which is an absolute godsend when it comes to reading maps. Try the offline mode, figure out your bearings on that and then go for the real deal.

About the hitreg and shotgun thing, armor exists. Also, letmeta exists. Figure that one out for yourself.

Zybane

I'm sorry, if you can't even read a basic map and figure out where to go, this game definitely isn't for you. 

JBLZR

40 hours and you still can't read a map on your second monitor, the problem is 100% you and not the game.

RACWAR
8 hours ago, agent_smashing said:

There are zero sign posts on what to do in the game. Not even a basic tutorial, asking 40$ for this rage-inducing sh it show is a complete travesty.

You aren't even playing the game, you were granted early access to a closed beta for testing by pre-purchasing. If you dislike the lack of certain features like a tutorial then you should wait until the game is done.

5point5sixGUY
8 hours ago, NPC78745 said:

Hackers run the show, if you are a veteran player and can't admit it, im sorry

I've done countless raids over the years and I can count on 1 hand how many times I've died to something very suspicious. I'm not saying that I haven't died to a hacker more times than that, but if I did it wasn't noticeable or very obvious. That said, I'm well aware that there used to be a tremendous amount of hackers compared to how many there are now.

• Sad 1

beddamischia

You got a second monitor with maps displayed.. when I started I learned first exfils on my own, there weren't any maps around or I didn't know of them.. it is supposed to be brutal.. wtf did you choose this game for

Wurfy

I learned had maps open in Steam overlay back when I was still learning them. If you have a second monitor, you have no excuse.

And yeah, a shotgun loaded with 7.5mm shot will be stopped by lvl2 armor, if not lvl1. Try loading AP20 and making a short range thorax shot then. I've chewed through Killa armor which is lvl5.

Astalonte1985

I m so sorry you are in this situation with the game. But you are putting too much excuses. You are asking basically to change the game to accommodate your lack of skill or motivation.

This game is what it is. It's need to be tough and be hard. It s a niche game and probably it s not for  you.

In the last seven raids i have not been able to extract..., and you know what? I still love it.

This is what we got ladies and gentleman..., kids complaining because they don't have signpost where to extract.

Game is not gonna die.., believe me. It's doing it very well. People like you will come and go...., you need to get your shite together and get better at the game. You have a lot  help available. Speak with a sherpa and read about ammo and extracts /

Edited by Astalonte1985

Scaramanga-fr

Hi,

If reading the attached map is a bite tricky IG, just tape the relevant exit name + tarkov in youtube. Most of the time, it's a lot easier with a short video to visualize the direction to go. Training in solo helps (even vets make their homeworks...)

CU IG

keshlalish

first tip, play only ONE map until you memorize it.
and play another one on your scav until you memorize it.

it's not an easy game, but at some point you will have everything figured out.

i suggest interchange for scav, don't kill any scav and loot everything, play only in section.
oli or idea and power plant out back.
loot, run out extract, do this as much as you can until you don't even have to think about where to extract.

every map have a lot of extract, but your main goal should be the same in every game. in scav run i only use emercom in interchange.
cp fence and hole in the wall for reserve (at first i only used manhole)
trailer park or the bunker in custom
in wood, extract are all near the walls.
i needed 80-90 hour to see real progression in my gameplay.
now i am able to go out solo and make a dozen kills, but before that, one or two but i would hoard all the loot i could find.

play slow and sneaky.
but good ammo, use the spread sheet on the web.
and learn to orient yourself with the provided maps. it's not hard.
in custom your primary landmark is the gas station in the middle and the walls at each extremities.
on the left side of the map you have red factory and the bridge and on the right side, you have the sniper tower and the train tracks.
avoid going in the hot spots in your first couple runs, until you know the map really well.

interchange; don't go to the stores in the middle of the shopping mall
custom, don't go to dorm yet
reserve, don't go to the dome or the 3 main building (it's a busy map however play it last)
don't pay for lab until you are bad ass
in wood, stay clear from the saw mill and the back wall
in shoreline, don't go to the resort
don't play factory until you feel comfortable with any guns

you will know when you are ready to go to the hot spots alone.

Whyt546

Compasses are getting added (next patch i think but dont quote me on that)

Yeah, learning the maps is a real pain but if you have a community-made map on your second monitor it's pretty easy to find extracts by using ladmarks

Not trying to be rude, but you said that "Streamers are able to mass an inventory". Okay? Streamers are just people like you and me, if they can amass an inventory so can you.

Yeah the servers are really poop right now and there isn't much excuse for it with how long they've been poop since the influx of players recently. If you're getting this frustrated over these things i'd suggest taking a break from the game and coming back a few patches later when more of these features are added and the servers are (hopefully) more stable.

Poolice

you must understand that most of the people that will find tarkov fun are the ones that like that learning ''cliff''. honestly though, 40 hours of gametime, you should be able to secure raids by now.. 2 of my friends started playing lately and got into it rather quick.

i dont know what you are doing but damn man, 40 hours of in raid time and still feeling helpless? you should consider that maybe this game is not for you after all (and thats ok, its nothing to be ashamed of).

also if you are frustrated so early, believe me, your nerves will get rekd, some days in tarkov are really frustrating when you fail. but its you, not everyone else. you should stop that day, get focus, and return motivated to take it slow and controlled.

opiat3
On 1/19/2020 at 2:53 AM, agent_smashing said:

So first let me say to all the "this game is hard-core you should've read what you were getting into, ha ha noobs give us easy loot" assholes, this game will rot and die if it continues to be ultra anti-new players. The learning CLIFF is bullshit and it'll go the way of eve online if it keeps up. I have watched 5 hours of videos on how to play it, I have sunk about 40 hours into the game, I understand the basics, that's not the problem here.

That out of the way, the maps not telling you where to extract are complete bullshit, I can't count the amount of times I've died because I haven't memorized a map and went either MIA or died with a bag of loot, and yes I've tried having it up on the 2nd monitor, it doesn't matter, its so easy to get turned around. The game desperately needs at least a compass to start.

The hit detection is a joke, if you want to be a "hard core" game this is something you're going to have to get right. The only reason streamers like this game is because they actually are able to amass an inventory, new players cannot because not only are they at a huge disadvantage being solo but they also infrequently are able to actually hit shots. If you can't get even basic net code correct this game will always come down to the flip of a coin in gun fights which is what it feels like now. If I shoot a dude 5 feet away with a shot gun he should die, period.

People who aren't doing well at the game are punished severely. The inability to make money except inside a scav run is terrible, that basically means once you're out of money your only option is to play every 15 minutes in a scav run. If you paid 40$ for a game you should not be limited to playing it every 20 minutes because lets be honest match making takes 5 minimum.

Proceed to tell me how hardcore this game is now and how killing noobs provides the validation for your lives nothing else can. I'm out, f uck this trash.

And why exactly you feel the need to make this crying post? You need validation from someone else?! If you are out you are out and thats about it... no one cares for your rants.

Darksys0815

could not understand your issue @ thread starter.

iam also new. now level 22. 

is it hard to learn? yes

is it an unbelivable thrill if you are full of loot and extract while hitting bullets around you? YES!

Is it the horror is you die few meters for the exit with a full backpack? YES!

Iam scray to loose all my gear after 22 levels, the gear fear is present on every raid. but with more money per day it would be eayier to deal with it.

you and i need to learn to ignore the gear fear. if i play scav i play like cod, nothing to loose, but if extract, to win.

if i play with my main my playstyle is like metal gear solid^^

i need some hours to understand how the game work, i play 99% shoreline or customs. both easy to learn.

But, you need to learn the f*** maps. there is no way to ignore this. if you spawn, you need to search any point and look at the map on your 2nd screen to  figure out where you are. create a running/ loot route from your spawn to next exit, loot and kill all (if not could ignore) on your route and get the f*** out of this raid.

never do hatched runs to learn maps, play offline. learn the maps without scavs. if you learned the map, add scavs, learn the spawns. try to kill them. learn one weapon and play this. if you play every time a new gun without train, you will suprise from scope, recoil...and you missed, if you miss, you are in the most cases dead.

pick a cheap gun, small/ middle backpack, meds, water, foot. take 95% safe routes, like shorline at the cost, gas station > boot pier > loot all and extract on boat if possible or tunnel (i had this very often). if you do this 3-5 times and you will have enough "crap" to sell. may you kill 1 or 2 scavs at beach/ gas station. there are 2 weapon creats and a safe inside. on pier you have 2 safes and 2 computers and some other  file cabinets to loot.

if you are lucky with the spawn, you need only run a long street and loot the pier house and gas station and run to tunnel or may back to customs exit. i never spaw on upper map. so i never need to extract in the upper exits (so iam not in the near from resort).

Loot runs works well at the sleeping time from other players and night raids. if you lucky you never will hear one shot at the complete time. easy runs, get in > run > loot > try to skip scavs > extract will full backpack > happy.

You need to find easy and fast loot runs in the first 20h to get cash, if you have cash, you could buy gear, with better gear you could may survive some fights, or not and yes this is the thrill...you never now if you die or extract alive.

i had never a greater kick, except sex, to run a route, kill some scavs, survive a player fight and exist with a full backpack/ vest...great feeling. 

i die very often, also on safe routes. you will never now if there is not a camper on pier and shoot you in your face if you walk down to the builing. that is the kick...you never know what happen. you could win all or loose all. deal with it and this game will blow your mind. Apart from the technical problems.

I play a scav first every time i log in, if die or extract > play main > if main die or extract > scav. so you could every time play the other char if the scav is on cooldown. think in the most of cases you will survive the first 10-15 minutes if you not playing cod with a pistol.

You dont need any targest...the target is: survive and exit. the quests are time sinks...you could do this. but in the first hours, ignore them, or do them if its easy or you in the near from a quest. i never forced quests. i would survive. the most quests, will kill you ;) so learn to play the game first, step by step.

tarkov gives, tarkov takes

PS: sry for my englisch, iam from germany

Edited by Darksys0815
Miss spelling
  • Like 1

McHibbins

@Darksys0815 perfectly described.

I am nearly 50 years old,  due to my reactions i am normally out of FPS -games. 

But this catched me so hard. ....I even got more fun playing with my SCAV than with my PMC.

With my SCAV i am so limited and the survival aspect triggers me much more.

You 've got plenty of time,  learning the maps,  mechanics,  hints and tips. 

Who cares what you will reach ingame? Lvl 50 in two weeks,  enough money for Tier 5/6 armor? 

I dont give a f...ck as long as I have fun with the immersion and thrills in this game. 

Edited by McHibbins

Grumble_

@ the OP you wanted to make the game harder than what it is....... Every streamers you tuber tells you to goto offline mode 1st..... Just to learn the basic exits....... 

It's all on you to do it.