Sign in to follow this  
raxnt

Why has Thermal vision not been patched out yet?

raxnt

Not only does it highlight players, it highlights items... 

People make argument it's about realism, well i doubt thermal highlights items in the real world so you kinda dropped the ball there.

I love the realism feel of EFT but I feel for the sake of the game we have to draw the line somewhere and I think Thermal vision is just to much.

It's feels like playing with wallhack , and the second argument people make its "expensive" people have 100 million rubles okay its not expensive, and the money you will make while using thermals will easily make you more money then you lose anyway so it's a snowball effect.

I'm convinced majority of player base would vote thermal sights out of the game

Kills with thermals does not feel rewarding I feel like I'm cheating.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RealxTrix
7 hours ago, raxnt said:

Not only does it highlight players, it highlights items... 

People make argument it's about realism, well i doubt thermal highlights items in the real world so you kinda dropped the ball there.

I love the realism feel of EFT but I feel for the sake of the game we have to draw the line somewhere and I think Thermal vision is just to much.

It's feels like playing with wallhack , and the second argument people make its "expensive" people have 100 million rubles okay its not expensive, and the money you will make while using thermals will easily make you more money then you lose anyway so it's a snowball effect.

I'm convinced majority of player base would vote thermal sights out of the game

Kills with thermals does not feel rewarding I feel like I'm cheating.

While i feel like it was a mistake to add them to the game, since they are here already i doubt they will ever be removed. I suggested battery life in another post. You cant switch out batteries in raid to solve the possible (and likely) battery spam.

Epoxin

battery life would be good. Or just admit they made a mistake and get rid of them. Most of the popular streamers also think the thermals are aids in this game as they are too overpowered. Needs to be a line between realism and a good fun game. Thermals unfortunately dont cross the fun part

dustandflour

Yeah. although they are good fun when using. it does feel too easy. especially on maps like Woods and Reserve where you have loads of angles to abuse. A way to solve this could be really rare spawns on bosses or something of that nature. at the moment being able to 'just pick on up from the shelf' is definitely not the way with these. they should be very rare spawns in high risk areas imo.

We dont want the game to be thermal meta down the line i assume for most of the community.

Pottymouth

How many times in your raids have you experienced someone using them? I'm level 32 and could maybe speculate that I died ONCE to a sniper I couldn't see on Shoreline, but shot me through a bush twice, and I still couldn't say for sure if he was wearing T-7 Thermals or not.

T-7 Thermals aren't cheap either. Yes, some players have ten to hundred millions of roubles but you're forgetting achieving that isn't a cake walk. Your average player doesn't have that much money. They're permanently out of stock with Jaeger for now and they went from being 11 million roubles down to around 2 million roubles and declining because there's not enough demand for them, and the total stock on the flea market is running out. Not enough people buying them, nor are there a lot of people that have them to sell. They can be only found in raid now but are so rare that there's still no information on where they spawn. I don't see how that's not balanced right now.

Maxson_

i personally dont want them removed and there is enough posts about this already

DasGegenmittel

Well I am not Level 32 but I killed somebody with a Thermo-Vision...

I personaly would like to see Nightvisions/Thermos REQUIRING Batteries (and so Bat. Lifetime..).

Except this: It has a REASON why most Countries do not provide such Optronics: They have a very LIMITED (not on Tanks, there you can spot enemies and soldiers about 3km Distance and more), we talk about Soldiers) range in such small Devices.

So that could get implemented: You wanna use it? Ok you can see just about 200m... Nightvision could see 500+...

Just an Idea to maybe Ballance it. Will this work? No clue... somebody should ask somebody from a special military unit who can ensure how such Optics do behave.

Scaramanga-fr

just remove theses s**** ffs

p4nnus
On 1/21/2020 at 4:47 AM, DasGegenmittel said:

So that could get implemented: You wanna use it? Ok you can see just about 200m... Nightvision could see 500+...

Just an Idea to maybe Ballance it. Will this work? No clue... somebody should ask somebody from a special military unit who can ensure how such Optics do behave.

They are already balanced like what you suggest. I think FLIR is either 150 or 200m and REAP-IR 200m. IRL their counterparts can display heat signatures from even longer distances AFAIK.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:47 AM, DasGegenmittel said:

They have a very LIMITED (not on Tanks, there you can spot enemies and soldiers about 3km Distance and more), we talk about Soldiers) range in such small Devices.

I had Phantom IRXR goggles when I served, you could see for 1,5km with those. I could see a dude pissing from 1km away clearly, with arch of urine visible. 

Thermals will probably be way more rare and expensive in the finished release ready EFT, I wouldnt be worried about it. There will also probably be adjustments on how easy it is to distinguish different targets in bad weather, or from similar temp objects. 

On 1/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, raxnt said:

well i doubt thermal highlights items in the real world so you kinda dropped the ball there.

Certain metal things for example are distinguishable from say a woodland view. Its not as clear as in EFT, but these objects would probably stand out a little bit. What I remember is that especially metal and the likes could be distinguished esp if they had been in warmer temp for some time.

• Upvote 1