Sign in to follow this  
NebulaPlayz

Streamer Gear

Should streamers receive extra gear?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should streamers receive extra loot, keys, weaponry, and items?

• Yes
    • No

NebulaPlayz

I know they're streamers, but giving people such as streamers extra gear every wipe or every time they start seems a little unfair to all the other players. Especially when they usually have more time and money available to play the game, meaning that even without such items they'd be far ahead of a lot of people. I think it's an unfair system, even if it is advertisement.

• Like 2

spinetrain
1 hour ago, NebulaPlayz said:

I know they're streamers, but giving people such as streamers extra gear every wipe or every time they start seems a little unfair to all the other players. Especially when they usually have more time and money available to play the game, meaning that even without such items they'd be far ahead of a lot of people. I think it's an unfair system, even if it is advertisement.

What? Streamers get more gear and stuff after wipe? lol is this true?

Piledrive
1 hour ago, NebulaPlayz said:

Technically, anyone can be considered a streamer, even if you do 1 stream every few months. There fore, anyone who streams the game should get gear, so 90% of the player base

KITTYKATJAQ

It is true, just look at the big streamers such as Shroud...dude is literally in the 100 million roubles. Giving Streamers preferential treatment allows them to play the game like they play call of duty, because there is no fear for them to die. They will just re-gear up and do the same poo all over again. Stop giving these streamers extra dough, let them learn and show how this game really plays for the average player.

PardTheTroll
vor 16 Minuten schrieb spinetrain:

What? Streamers get more gear and stuff after wipe? lol is this true?

What you are all talking about are "press kits". Those have been removed for quite some time now. Streamers only start with stuff they are given by their respective game edition (standard, EoD, etc.).

vor 4 Minuten schrieb KITTYKATJAQ:

dude is literally in the 100 million roubles.

This dude also literally plays games for a living. Investing 8+ hours each day. They do not need anything extra. 

• Like 4

TUALMASOK

Streamers do not get any special extras, they play with whatever version gear they have. If they make a living from streaming then they will be playing more, which means they will have more. BSG is not sending them anything special, they are just playing a lot more than you or I.

NebulaPlayz
2 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

Streamers do not get any special extras, they play with whatever version gear they have. If they make a living from streaming then they will be playing more, which means they will have more. BSG is not sending them anything special, they are just playing a lot more than you or I.

SwaggerSouls and Fitz just started playing the game, and a M700/SVDS just showed up in their inventory, along with multiple keys. Don't think that's part of the EOD.

vandoan

Is the streamer edition still in the game? The one where you basically get a level 50's stash to try out the game and showcase without having to worry about economics or looting? 
If so I believe that needs to be taken away permanently due to it easily missleading most of the viewers!

Edited by vandoan
Nvm, press kits are not in the game anymore!

Grimm285

honestly i'm not sure what the big deal is if they got some keys and a gun?  i get that you don't want people to get special treatment but you gotta think streamers ARE tarkov's ad service.  they are how a lot of you people (i assume) found the game, i dont do twitch but i know ALOT of people do and its the reason why we had this huge influx of players

Now, is it right they get special treatment? no.  but does it really effect me in any way that 10-20 more people MIGHT have some extra loot? no, not at all. 

This post almost seems like people just want to be angry about something

• Upvote 1

Rekonsile
5 hours ago, KITTYKATJAQ said:

It is true, just look at the big streamers such as Shroud...dude is literally in the 100 million roubles. Giving Streamers preferential treatment allows them to play the game like they play call of duty, because there is no fear for them to die. They will just re-gear up and do the same poo all over again. Stop giving these streamers extra dough, let them learn and show how this game really plays for the average player.

Its not hard when you play all day and survive a lot lol....

2020-01-20[03-16] (0).png

Rekonsile
52 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

honestly i'm not sure what the big deal is if they got some keys and a gun?  i get that you don't want people to get special treatment but you gotta think streamers ARE tarkov's ad service.  they are how a lot of you people (i assume) found the game, i dont do twitch but i know ALOT of people do and its the reason why we had this huge influx of players

Now, is it right they get special treatment? no.  but does it really effect me in any way that 10-20 more people MIGHT have some extra loot? no, not at all. 

This post almost seems like people just want to be angry about something

at this point in the game i have a viewer that has been playing the market that has a stash like this at level 11. he also started playing the game a month ago lol... 

2020-01-2002-55_0.png
2020-01-2002-55_1.png

Edited by Rekonsile

rav91

yes i think the streamers should get more gear, especially at the beginning of a wipe.

Robin33RVP

lol rekonsile :D indeed thats my stash

Grimm285

i mean using bots on the market is a separate issue from obtaining free gear and will be addressed eventually ish 

not to mention anyone who plays long enough gets to print money eventually with the bitcoin farm even at  3-4 coins a day thats half a mil for doing nothing.  Especially once you get the solar panels meaning every metal tank is 49 hours of fuel

Shryke
20 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

Hahahahahah, oh wow. This is demonstrably untrue.

Not that I care a fart. BSG is using them (and paying them) for marketing purposes. If you watch a stream and see all the goodies they have, you want them too. Makes sense.

5point5sixGUY
51 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Hahahahahah, oh wow. This is demonstrably untrue.

Not that I care a fart. BSG is using them (and paying them) for marketing purposes. If you watch a stream and see all the goodies they have, you want them too. Makes sense.

Certain streamers used to get "press kits" , those have been discontinued for a while. Currently, streamers play with the same stuff and editons that everyone else does.

Shryke
3 minutes ago, 5point5sixGUY said:

Certain streamers used to get "press kits" , those have been discontinued for a while. Currently, streamers play with the same stuff and editons that everyone else does.

Can you name a streamer of decent following that I can watch to verify this?

5point5sixGUY

I can name a bunch of streamers, but there's no reason to. Press kits were discontinued over a year ago.

Shryke
15 minutes ago, 5point5sixGUY said:

I can name a bunch of streamers, but there's no reason to. Press kits were discontinued over a year ago.

If you're unwilling to support your rebuttal, you have no rebuttal. Ok by me.

5point5sixGUY
1 hour ago, Shryke said:

If you're unwilling to support your rebuttal, you have no rebuttal. Ok by me.

I told you twice that there are no more press kits. You are the one that failed to believe me. If I was unsure then I simply wouldn't have replied at all.

Capture.PNG

involuntarysoul
On 1/19/2020 at 9:25 PM, KITTYKATJAQ said:

100 mil is not that hard, lvl39 sitting on 105mil stash with 30mil cash, Shroud is like lvl 50+ if he does not have 100mil something is wrong

bigfatdabs
7 hours ago, 5point5sixGUY said:

I told you twice that there are no more press kits. You are the one that failed to believe me. If I was unsure then I simply wouldn't have replied at all.

Capture.PNG

aqua fps just got a press kit a few months ago so thats a lie it was not long after this current wipe also general sam has a press kit so this a buch of lies

5point5sixGUY
2 hours ago, bigfatdabs said:

aqua fps just got a press kit a few months ago so thats a lie it was not long after this current wipe also general sam has a press kit so this a buch of lies

Prove it.

TheColdVein
3 hours ago, bigfatdabs said:

You don't know what a press kit is. Sending a few items is not a press kit. A press kit had a ton of items and it was in your stash already and replenished after every wipe. What they might get is what would equal a new year and christmas gift. That is not a press kit. 

#Locked.

• Sad 1