Low-ish FPS on a decent rig

TierEXMilky

TierEXMilky

Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RTX 2060 Super

Ram: 16gb

Windows 10 64-bit

Running around maps such as Customs I get 50-70 ish FPS uncapped and 50 to stable 60 capped at 60 on maps like Reserve. 
Shoreline has bad FPS drops when looking into certain directions or areas. Gunfights or so don't lower my FPS at all. 
CPU Usage around 20-30% and GPU at 40-50%

Ive heard many people running the game on 100+ fps just fine with the same CPU and worse GPU and vice versa which just makes me wonder.

Is this an optimization issue and is there something I can do to fix this?

E: I run the game on High with TAA and grass shadows turned off, 1080p borderless

Edited by FutaIrl

CPU: i9-7960x (16 Cores)

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti

Ram: 32gb

Windows 10 64-bit

Same Problems and Fps like you. I have tried each performance/fps - guide... update bios, disabling cores, nividia settings and so on....

but nothing work -.-

marktheshark2k
40 minutes ago, FutaIrl said:

Rig:

Windows 10 64-bit

Running around maps such as Customs I get 50-70 ish FPS uncapped and 50 to stable 60 capped at 60 on maps like Reserve. 
Shoreline has bad FPS drops when looking into certain directions or areas. Gunfights or so don't lower my FPS at all. 

Ive heard many people running the game on 100+ fps just fine with the same CPU and worse GPU and vice versa which just makes me wonder.

E: I run the game on High with TAA and grass shadows turned off, 1080p borderless

You should be getting way better performance than that. I have a 6700k and a RX5700xt and I get around 90fps on all maps. Some drops here and there but nothing major.

Check out a guide I made with my settings, and heres another guide too that might help.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb marktheshark2k:

You should be getting way better performance than that. I have a 6700k and a RX5700xt and I get around 90fps on all maps. Some drops here and there but nothing major.

Check out a guide I made with my settings, and heres another guide too that might help.

That Guide changed nothing for me. Still low FPS. 

5point5sixGUY

I get 50-90 ish depending on the map and situation, usually hovers around 65 or so. My specs are below. The game is terribly unoptimized and you're not gonna get the fps you desire regardless of how powerful your rig is.

marktheshark2k
19 minutes ago, future901 said:

That Guide changed nothing for me. Still low FPS. 

Also try turning off Nvidia In Game Overlay in the nvidia control panel

MisplacedfaceTV
5 hours ago, FutaIrl said:

Rig:

Windows 10 64-bit

You don't have a decent rig, now days this is low end, also Tarkov is a very realistic looking game and should not play well on low end rigs, upgrade your PC for this beautiful game.

• Sad 1
InsideForest
4 hours ago, MisplacedfaceTV said:

You don't have a decent rig, now days this is low end, also Tarkov is a very realistic looking game and should not play well on low end rigs, upgrade your PC for this beautiful game.

4 hours ago, MisplacedfaceTV said:

This was the most stupidest post I've seen in 2020. Congratulations.

Saying Ryzen 3600 and a RTX 2060 is low-end is the most trolling comment ever. You are either trolling or you have been living under a rock for the past year.

If you have nothing good to add, maybe shut the f up and avoid posting BS.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGame/FPS-Estimates-Escape-from-Tarkov/4019/0.0.0.0.0

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/cclk01/ryzen_3000_owners_how_is_your_performance/

Clearly, OP is having a real issue and i really hope he can solve this so he can enjoy his new high-end build.

• Like 2
MisplacedfaceTV
1 minute ago, InsideForest said:

This was the most stupidest post I've seen in 2020. Congratulations.

Saying Ryzen 3600 and a RTX 2060 is low-end is the most trolling comment ever. You are either trolling or you have been living under a rock for the past year.

If you have nothing good to add, maybe shut the f up and avoid posting BS.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGame/FPS-Estimates-Escape-from-Tarkov/4019/0.0.0.0.0

https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/cclk01/ryzen_3000_owners_how_is_your_performance/

Clearly, OP is having a real issue and i really hope he can solve this so he can enjoy his new high-end build.

this isn't some cheap game like CoD

InsideForest
1 minute ago, MisplacedfaceTV said:

this isn't some cheap game like CoD

You really like to mention COD huh? And according to your posts, you dont really admire Tarkov as you preach.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about nor you have any knowledge about hardware.

Good job showing everyone your low IQ.

BONUS CONTENT:

MisplacedfaceTV
2 minutes ago, InsideForest said:

You really like to mention COD huh? And according to your posts, you dont really admire Tarkov as you preach.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about nor you have any knowledge about hardware.

Good job showing everyone your low IQ.

BONUS CONTENT:

2080 ti

MisplacedfaceTV
26 minutes ago, InsideForest said:

As I said, low iq. 

I really hate the fact that internet gave voice to people with no understanding of hardware to talk about stuff they dont know.

RTX 2060 is a great GPU. Do your homework before spreading bad info

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-RTX-2060/Rating/4034#Benchmarks

Worse than a 980

• Sad 1

I have the same cpu and 16 gb 3200 ram paired with 1070 ti and i get around 70-90 fps on customs, i run a light oc on cpu and gpu though. I would check if your hardware boost properly or not, my cpu wouldnt go beyond base clock after some update, so i used ryzen master to fix that.

I run a 2070 rtx, and the frames slowly drop the first 5 minutes from 120, to about 50. by the end of a match the frames bounce between 38 to 50. this is the only game i have a fail for framerate and it does not matter at all what i set the graphics settings to ingame. it's all the same.

zdravko010688
On 1/21/2020 at 12:52 AM, MisplacedfaceTV said:

totally incompetent and misleading stop spreading false information to peaple that actually want the resolve their problem. 

Tarkov is in development and it doesnt metter what rig u have 

The guy has perfecly fine rig and its now a days considered middle to high end 

The problem is in the optimization of tarkov 

I run with 8700k 12cores 16gm 3400mhz and 1080ti and still getting only 80-90 fps 110 in factory 

STOP SPAMMING AND SPREADING FALSE INFO YOU CLEARLY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE

Edited by zdravko010688
On 1/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, MisplacedfaceTV said:

I have a gtx 1070 with a I5-6600k and I run reserve with 70 ish fps constant, interchange with 110 fps constant, my friend has a 2070 super with a ryzen 5 2600x and average 40 fps on reserve with 70 ish fps on interchange, this is not a rig problem

try this it helped me alot

1. go to task manager

2. select details (make sure tarkov is running)

3. right click escapefromtarkov.exe

4. set priority to high

5. and set affinity to all processors

6. select ok

this should allow you to get more frames because tarkov is very cpu heavy.

good luck!

• 10 months later...

Oh wow i just googled this thread from january 2020 in december 2020 and the issue is still the same 😒

Has anyone of you found any solution for this?

I experience the exact same issue. Only difference: I am using an RTX 3080.

By using GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner I've fount that every other game I've tested causes ~ 90% GPU usage (around 330-350 watts power draw from the GPU).

EFT in comparison does at no time cause more than 55% GPU usage (250 watts power draw). ALWAYS after 60-90 seconds in-game the power draw decreases to 35% GPU usage (140 watts power draw). Result: Always after 5 minutes in-game the performance drops to 30-40 FPS max.

EFT seems to fail to draw max perfromance from RTX GPUs.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2020 at 8:23 AM, Dirtnappin said:

I run a 2070 rtx, and the frames slowly drop the first 5 minutes from 120, to about 50. by the end of a match the frames bounce between 38 to 50. this is the only game i have a fail for framerate and it does not matter at all what i set the graphics settings to ingame. it's all the same.

Hi.
I have exactly the same problem. The game starts with 110 fps on Interchange and ends with 50 fps. Here is what I tried:
- reinstallation of the graphics drivers Nvidia 461.40
- modify all the graphics settings in the game. Set everything to a minimum
- in the Nvidia panel I modified all the settings seen in the multiple tutorials
- I installed Intelligent standby list cleaner
- I closed the applications in the background
- I put the game in high priority

Of course the game is on SSD

In short I think I have done my best to make this badly programmed game work properly.
By the way I have:
144 fps + on overwatch
100 fps average on COD MW
90 fps on warzone
And with high graphics.

So it comes from the EFT game.
We are in 2021, it would be time to get moving. The graphics engine in this game is terrible. Personally, I think we should either sell or partner with a big video game company in order to redo the graphics engine of this game.

Here is my config:
ASUS PRIME X470-PRO (Bios UEFI 4018)
Ryzen 7 2700x
RTX 2080 6GB
16 GB RAM 1066MHz DDR4 2133

Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 19042.746

13 hours ago, kirth said:

Hi.
I have exactly the same problem. The game starts with 110 fps on Interchange and ends with 50 fps. Here is what I tried:
- reinstallation of the graphics drivers Nvidia 461.40
- modify all the graphics settings in the game. Set everything to a minimum
- in the Nvidia panel I modified all the settings seen in the multiple tutorials
- I installed Intelligent standby list cleaner
- I closed the applications in the background
- I put the game in high priority

Of course the game is on SSD

In short I think I have done my best to make this badly programmed game work properly.
By the way I have:
144 fps + on overwatch
100 fps average on COD MW
90 fps on warzone
And with high graphics.

So it comes from the EFT game.
We are in 2021, it would be time to get moving. The graphics engine in this game is terrible. Personally, I think we should either sell or partner with a big video game company in order to redo the graphics engine of this game.

Here is my config:
ASUS PRIME X470-PRO (Bios UEFI 4018)
Ryzen 7 2700x
RTX 2080 6GB
16 GB RAM 1066MHz DDR4 2133

Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 19042.746

I have noticed something important.
When I do an offline raid on Interchange by disabling SCAVs I have no framerate problem. When I activate the SCAV I see the problem explained in my post.