Sign in to follow this  
Konfuciuss

Scavs and Bosses have xray vision

Konfuciuss

So can you tell me why Scavs and specifically Killa have x-ray vision?  I was sitting crouched not moving in the corner of a shop.  Killa aggroed on me from the shop next door through a wall, came around and shot me.

You need to make sure that AI follows the same rules as we have to, otherwise it's just not fair!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DasGegenmittel

Well it is still a Beta but I also got killed by Scavs who can simply see me from Miles away via plenty of Bushes.

I consider this a Bug wich happens sometimes.

Another Bug is completly the opposite: You where once spotted, you hide and the Scavs turn around and move away...

Both Situations are, for me, a Bug...

Edited by DasGegenmittel

p4nnus
On 1/21/2020 at 2:38 AM, Konfuciuss said:

So can you tell me why Scavs and specifically Killa have x-ray vision?  I was sitting crouched not moving in the corner of a shop.  Killa aggroed on me from the shop next door through a wall, came around and shot me.

You need to make sure that AI follows the same rules as we have to, otherwise it's just not fair!

First of all, EFT is not meant to be fair. Its meant to be extremely unfair and unforgiving, hard, HC. 

With that out of the way, Scav AI is very much WIP. It will be changed, but not to be less accurate probably, it will be more human like if BSG manages to develop it to the direction they want to.

Why they have very good target acquisition and accuracy? Because if they wouldnt, they would be even more like loot pinatas than they are now. They are meant to be a threat and that wont change, quite the opposite. 

I can tell you as a slightly more experienced player, that the scavs we have now are nowhere near as bad as the "terminator scavs" of the past were. Theres still a lot that needs to be done but you should just get used to it as they probably wont become any easier. Avoid LOS and have hard cover between you and them when you engage them. Its quite easy to kill them always without being hurt if youre playing carefully and tactically.

solidOz
Am 22.1.2020 um 21:30 schrieb p4nnus:

First of all, EFT is not meant to be fair. Its meant to be extremely unfair and unforgiving, hard, HC. 

To be off topic:

It's extremely hardcore when a guy is able to run 70%+ faster than you, hear 37% further, be "I don't remember the ridiculous amount" more silent than you moving around and have 50%+ less recoil than you making his gameplay worthy to be played by monkeys running around hipfiring with 0 recoil while moving around.

Sounds very hardcore to me.

One thing you got right. It's extremely unfair in wrong ways. Running around 70% faster than somebody else is awesome. I actually like the game. More than the other shooters in recent times. But this sense of unfairness does put me off, and I keep going back less and less. Catching up these stats is such a pain in the ass, it's not fun at all, and we will never be on an even playing field...

These questions are so annoying: did this kid hack? How on earth did he know that? Did he see me? Is he just hearing way more than me, so I can't hear him but he can hear me?

I can't even help myself rant about it, since I want to enjoy the game but these "unfair" things turn into push aways instead of pulling me back into the game.

Think about it, I'm literally walking around the map telling myself: There are dudes out there who will hear me while I can't hear them even though we both walk at the same time. At this point they will stand still and wait for me, and I never had a chance because my stupid PMC has garbage ears compared to theirs. Hardcore baby! I would call this wannabe hardcore. Super Humans vs Humans :)

Edited by solidOz

McHibbins

Comtex Baby!  Use them. 

Ja the Scavs sometimes are hard as f. .ck but also easy to manage most of the time. 

After a shot rush away very fast. They normally wont follow.  Just flank them as they always and only go to your last known position. 

And remember : There are Player Scavs. If a player constantly Plays his Scav,  he is also well trained like his PMC. 

Your Scav is also leveling.  A Scav se veral hundred raids played can be a beast. ...even with random gear if the player is knowing what he is doing 

p4nnus
On 1/27/2020 at 8:36 AM, solidOz said:

I can't even help myself rant about it, since I want to enjoy the game but these "unfair" things turn into push aways instead of pulling me back into the game.

Think about it, I'm literally walking around the map telling myself: There are dudes out there who will hear me while I can't hear them even though we both walk at the same time. At this point they will stand still and wait for me, and I never had a chance because my stupid PMC has garbage ears compared to theirs. Hardcore baby! I would call this wannabe hardcore

Its not for everyone. If it makes you feel better, the progress is way faster than it will be in the release ready game, so people wont have so much better hearing in such a short time. On the other hand, people who dont play as much will be even at a bigger disadvantage. But thats how its meant to be in EFT.

Also, you do get better at distinguishing certain kind of sounds as you practice it. Maybe not as much as in EFT, but still, the feature is not as ridiculous as you make it sound.