TheWay

About matching times, backend issues, etc.

TheWay

Hello!

As it was said it on the last TarkovTV live podcast.

The game is gaining popularity really fast and it requires a lot of attention in terms of game stability, server availability and so on. It also requires part of the team working 24/7 including weekends, which is not cool at all. But those are the Rules of the Game and we totally understand everything.

We are adding new game servers like constantly every day as well as player load rises everyday. And yes - it's not related to content production at all. It just require some time. We added 5 new servers today, 4 yesterday, dozens are planned to be added in the nearest time. Also we are working on a live environment, upgrading servers on the go and it's a pretty risky process.

Also with such HIGH load some server hardware just fails! It is pure stress test of hardware and our minds :)

So, backend and game servers are the number one priority of backend and admin team.

Thank you for understanding!

P.S. In the rush hours try not to use custom picked servers. Use "auto" instead.

BSG team

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

Tobi190

Keep up the great work ! Playing since the end of 2017 and I have been enjoying every day since. Love how you listen to the community :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

pro0f

Thank you very much for your great work and your endurance!
The game IS and WILL be one of the most impressive games that have ever existed, please keep up your great work!

• Like 2

Lokim23

This is interesting, because Mods in the Official Discord server, contradict this statement about using Auto. They stated specifically to use specific servers during high rush times. Perhaps you need to get everyone on the same line & staff stop contradicting one another. That be really great, because all it does it make users unhappy.

EvilZEAD

With this level of communication, I'm okay with it. You guys are doing a stellar job trying to keep up with something that is ambitious as hell. I love where this game is heading.

MrLinford

Thank you for the update.

It would be nice to some number relating to player base so we can see have fast EFT is taking off?

rav91

pls dont stress it too much! take a day off, the crybabies can wait. you are humans not robots

Edited by rav91
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sir Mullo

Great game and love the direction. 

PauleSchaule

Oh man... I feel bad seeing this game die.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

rewolb

Half my friends already stopped playing and im sitting in a lobby at 45mins matching $210 AUD for this game how hard is it to bring back Sydney 2 server , bite the bullet and spend the money before the game is dead in OCE forever

Jamba
4 minutes ago, rewolb said:

Half my friends already stopped playing and im sitting in a lobby at 45mins matching $210 AUD for this game how hard is it to bring back Sydney 2 server , bite the bullet and spend the money before the game is dead in OCE forever

Huh and I thought I had it bad waiting 20 minutes for a game. 
So the OCE servers are dead I take it? 

Looky1965
vor 35 Minuten schrieb PauleSchaule:

Oh man... I feel bad seeing this game die.

goodness. what are you talking about? this game has the highest player numbers since its beta start. "game is dying" The same they same about Counter-strike for years now. maybe its better you troll in a different forum.

Edit: and for these players who can't understand it. Don't use specific Servers. use the automatic select. you're whining about long matching but you're searching on a server where 2 players are playing. so maybe think about you're  faults

Edited by Looky1965
  • Like 1

dez1nd

All that problems are your problems. 

You did events to get many many of new players and didnt prepare servers for them? Stop apologize your foolishness, bring us project that responds to beta stage because current phase od eft responds alpa phase. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Piledrive
9 hours ago, Jamba said:

Huh and I thought I had it bad waiting 20 minutes for a game. 
So the OCE servers are dead I take it? 

No not dead at all.

There are always 30+ people in the matchmaking screen for the Customs map, and alot more trying to get into raids. The issue is, with the amount of players we have in our region, 1 server doesn't cut it. There are only a certain amount of spots on that server and because raids can last 45 mins +, we have to wait for spaces to be freed up.

I mean, we can select Asia at our peak time to cut down queue's, but then we are dealing with ping of over 130+ which in a game like this, is a real killer.

Oceanic needs at least another server to handle the player count here.

• Like 1

Piledrive

I mean, They specified in a post a few days ago which regions they were adding new servers to, but didn't mention Oceanic (Even tho we desperately need another one).

All we ask is they confirm they will be adding at least another Oceanic server asap.

BlazeModz

Thank you for clarifying, Please take your time, and keep up the great work you guys are doing. :)

jc984

sweet. hopefully we reach some stability soon.

PauleSchaule
vor 13 Stunden schrieb Looky1965:

goodness. what are you talking about? this game has the highest player numbers since its beta start. "game is dying" The same they same about Counter-strike for years now. maybe its better you troll in a different forum.

Edit: and for these players who can't understand it. Don't use specific Servers. use the automatic select. you're whining about long matching but you're searching on a server where 2 players are playing. so maybe think about you're  faults

Well I am playing since Jan. 2017. I saw how the game development proceeded. And this is my own opinion made out of personal experience, sorry but I am just saying there is to much things going on what slows down the development since years...

and also your wrong. You can totally add server to your server list, why not? This game has no ping lock so why don’t you just play with 700ping, ur almost invincible playing like that...

Rocllama

I completely understand challenges in scaling up a product, I've been directly involved in these efforts. I know these can be really tough moments, but this is really beyond some bumps in the road. To charge people $150 for a game that they can't play because there are insufficient servers is a failure. 

Saying you're adding servers is great. Saying you're working hard is great. But you owe us more than that. You should provide some information as to when we can expect this situation to improve. You should also be willing to step up and admit this mistake, I can't believe that no where in your post did you apologize in any fashion.

This is a great game, but no matter how good it is, if we can't play it, it's not worth it. And if we have no idea when we're going to be able to play, we'll move on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

thesantaman

Some of these comments are so stupid.  This is a BETA, not a finished product... meaning you are a long for the ride of development and hang ups.. I thought this didn't need any explanation?

• Upvote 1

jperfect
2 hours ago, thesantaman said:

Some of these comments are so stupid.  This is a BETA, not a finished product... meaning you are a long for the ride of development and hang ups.. I thought this didn't need any explanation?

They are CHARGING for the price of a full game, and allowing streamers to queue with no wait times.  It's not at all representative of the actual game, and it's not ethical to take money from people to make them wait in a lobby for an hour, just to start and get ripped by a streamer that is stacked with gear.  This is a terrible PAID experience.  Great idea, TERRIBLE execution.  So many other games use cloud computing to have servers load balance elasticly.  WHY NOT DO THAT?

Either getting a refund from the game, or my credit card.  I dont have time for this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

TohkeTV
1 hour ago, jperfect said:

They are CHARGING for the price of a full game, and allowing streamers to queue with no wait times.  It's not at all representative of the actual game, and it's not ethical to take money from people to make them wait in a lobby for an hour, just to start and get ripped by a streamer that is stacked with gear.  This is a terrible PAID experience.  Great idea, TERRIBLE execution.  So many other games use cloud computing to have servers load balance elasticly.  WHY NOT DO THAT?

Either getting a refund from the game, or my credit card.  I dont have time for this.

Then don't play forehead. Quite a simple solution. Pepegas.

• Sad 1

Rocllama

There is no reason for the hyperbole here. But this ...

10 hours ago, thesantaman said:

... is a misunderstanding of what a "beta" is. First off, this isn't a private beta, it's a public beta, which is a significant and important difference. Second, it's a *paid* beta, which means this is also a product. A public beta product means software that works and is usable for its primary functions, but some of the edge cases or less tested aspects of the software may have bugs in it. It's 100% does not mean "this is potentially broken to the point of not being usable", that's an internal alpha, and not something you charge customers for. 

The net net of this is that once you charge people money for something, it's needs to generally work, which, at the moment, this game does not. 

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

RainmakerM4
20 hours ago, Rocllama said:

I completely understand challenges in scaling up a product, I've been directly involved in these efforts. I know these can be really tough moments, but this is really beyond some bumps in the road. To charge people $150 for a game that they can't play because there are insufficient servers is a failure. 

Saying you're adding servers is great. Saying you're working hard is great. But you owe us more than that. You should provide some information as to when we can expect this situation to improve. You should also be willing to step up and admit this mistake, I can't believe that no where in your post did you apologize in any fashion.

This is a great game, but no matter how good it is, if we can't play it, it's not worth it. And if we have no idea when we're going to be able to play, we'll move on.

Oh there goes the 150 dollar card again. You paid that money to support and test a game in development. In every game only 20% of entire people who bought it remain to play the game. In few days that will happen and servers will go back to normal.

Edited by RainmakerM4

genericsoldier7

Wait, what does OP mean by auto as opposed to custom? Is there a way for me to queue for whatever is available instead of picking a map? or are they referring to a different thing? either way how do I do this? (or quickloot items)