TheWay

About matching times, backend issues, etc.

bog_god

It's on the launcher, before you launch the game proper, at the bottom you can choose server. I think by default it's on auto, but worth a check.

And quick loot is all about ctrl+click and alt+click and you can also add a shortcut manually for discard item (I used ctrl+extra mouse button)

bog_god
On 1/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, RainmakerM4 said:

Oh there goes the 150 dollar card again. You paid that money to support and test a game in development. In every game only 20% of entire people who bought it remain to play the game. In few days that will happen and servers will go back to normal.

Not to mention the fact it's your own fault if you're choosing to pay extra for EoD and you are so very protective of your money. I did upgrade to EoD because I'd already got a huge amount of value from the game (addicted) and no regrets. I expect they'll sort this out as they've been doing consistently while the game develops - bumps in the road. Only an drops straight into a beta at the highest tier and then complains it doesn't work perfectly, and if they've been here a while they should know better.

MrCyberdude

Temporarily allow a 200ms join ping as In Australia there is only 1 server that we can connect to since the update last week. eg no more Singapore or Hong Kong games. Just Sydney with long long wait times.

Australian OCE Server is Desperately needed as 30+ minutes wait time is not acceptable! (check attached photograph)

Anywhere in Australia would work. If there was one in Perth then Singapore could probably join.

Pick any City Melbourne Sydney, Brisbane Adelaide even Hobart.

kill me now barney stinson GIF

Launch time OCE Sydney 20200121.png

• Like 1

FoxScuad

Thank you very much for the information

eikotehmouse
On 1/22/2020 at 8:55 AM, Rocllama said:

There is no reason for the hyperbole here. But this ...

... is a misunderstanding of what a "beta" is. First off, this isn't a private beta, it's a public beta, which is a significant and important difference. Second, it's a *paid* beta, which means this is also a product. A public beta product means software that works and is usable for its primary functions, but some of the edge cases or less tested aspects of the software may have bugs in it. It's 100% does not mean "this is potentially broken to the point of not being usable", that's an internal alpha, and not something you charge customers for. 

The net net of this is that once you charge people money for something, it's needs to generally work, which, at the moment, this game does not. 

Finally someone who explained this poo to the idiot whiteknights...I've been saying since .5 that core mechanics of the game SHOULD be fully flushed out. It's been 3 bloody years. And they've only JUST gotten Netcode sorted out to a reasonable level...

• Like 1

fatz42088

@tarkov creators I appreciate all you do....have loads of respect  For all your hard work and personal sacrifices you have made to continue this amazing game.I have been there since the first year the game was available to play I have been along for the ride with you and will continue to support escape from tarkov to the whole team at battle state games great work guys and gals much love and respect your way...were my day one players at let's goooo. show them some love

terminalhobo

Most people don't have 12 hours per day to spend 20-50% of their time in loading screens like the streamers can.  I play games as a hobby, and spending 50% of the limited gaming time I have waiting in a lobby is not my idea of fun.  I hope you guys get the wait times under control soon.  Getting into a match, dying and then having to wait 10-20 mins to play again is immensely frustrating for all players, but especially new ones trying to learn.

• Like 1

Joelp791
On 1/20/2020 at 9:08 PM, TheWay said:

Hello!

As it was said it on the last TarkovTV live podcast.

The game is gaining popularity really fast and it requires a lot of attention in terms of game stability, server availability and so on. It also requires part of the team working 24/7 including weekends, which is not cool at all. But those are the Rules of the Game and we totally understand everything.

We are adding new game servers like constantly every day as well as player load rises everyday. And yes - it's not related to content production at all. It just require some time. We added 5 new servers today, 4 yesterday, dozens are planned to be added in the nearest time. Also we are working on a live environment, upgrading servers on the go and it's a pretty risky process.

Also with such HIGH load some server hardware just fails! It is pure stress test of hardware and our minds :)

So, backend and game servers are the number one priority of backend and admin team.

Thank you for understanding!

P.S. In the rush hours try not to use custom picked servers. Use "auto" instead.

BSG team

I just bought the game a few days ago, pretty bad experience, wait forever to get in a game insta die headshot after 1 min in, yay fun, rinse and repeat, can't heal up because no money, can't scav run but once every forever, oh and I only know this much about the game because of Twitch and friends that play.

Pretty good way to drive off new players...

GhostZ69
On 1/22/2020 at 6:55 AM, Rocllama said:

There is no reason for the hyperbole here. But this ...

... is a misunderstanding of what a "beta" is. First off, this isn't a private beta, it's a public beta, which is a significant and important difference. Second, it's a *paid* beta, which means this is also a product. A public beta product means software that works and is usable for its primary functions, but some of the edge cases or less tested aspects of the software may have bugs in it. It's 100% does not mean "this is potentially broken to the point of not being usable", that's an internal alpha, and not something you charge customers for. 

The net net of this is that once you charge people money for something, it's needs to generally work, which, at the moment, this game does not. 

Heh, be careful, calling this an Alpha can you get you banned.  Just saying.  I mean I agree with you 100% but saying it can get you banned.

ShiiQ
On 1/21/2020 at 6:08 AM, TheWay said:

The game is gaining popularity really fast and it requires a lot of attention in terms of game stability, server availability and so on. It also requires part of the team working 24/7 including weekends, which is not cool at all. But those are the Rules of the Game and we totally understand everything.

I really appreciate all the work you put into. I understand how frustrating it can be to suddenly have to work 24/7 because your expanded way to fast. I still hope you guys enjoy your work. Maybe order some food and have a great midnight lunch today :D.

Thanks for all the work and love for the community. 

alex_x

everyone complaining about the servers but i get find a match in about 5 min or less every time

ha 

game is amazing btw. happy i bought the EoD too (; 

• Like 1

Underhook

I was watching Shroud yesterday.  He thinks the server issues might be caused by the script kiddies.

POWERAGE73

After reading the comments its business as usual, I mean the "its a beta" blah blah blah people. Regardless we did not pay to test the game we "Pre Ordered" it that gave us beta access. With that said is not common sense that promotions will bring in new players (The Objective) so why not prepare for this rather than let the players deal with the mess whilst you try to figure out what to do. Take yesterdays technical update, both Scav & Player raids matching times where 8 minutes plus then faced with server connection lost but you managed to increase the price of fuel. Why? just concentrate on stability instead of making negative QOL changes. It is hard trying to stay loyal as it is with all the changes (Food without any metabolism, Hydration, Out of raid healing) its becoming more of a chore than entertainment, especially players who are not gifted with masses amount of hours to throw at the game.

seiskillz

Not matter what negative comment people may say. You guys are doing great! Thanks for the new servers! Keep it up! Sucks being popular don't it?

JAKEYBOI777

Thanks guys! Enjoying tarky 😎

victorestrella

taken 10 minutes ago :) I only have 1 hour to play a day, barely. image.thumb.png.981b6968bd3f456df45c2f9b42a8c14a.png

• Upvote 1

MrCyberdude

OCE Sydney servers LONG Wait times again.

More importantly..... Let Australia join Singapore and Hong Kong Servers. 

Come on Tarkov Devs it really is time more OCE servers were placed in Australia Melbourne Sydney.

3 hours ago, victorestrella said:

taken 10 minutes ago :) I only have 1 hour to play a day, barely. image.thumb.png.981b6968bd3f456df45c2f9b42a8c14a.png

Frannkann

These F""""ing backen error/error 205 205 bad account id, it's time to increase the server capacity for real. 

how many new players has tarkov gotten since .012? There's no denying how good tarkov has gotten in the last few patches, but a game that's inaccessible because of "high server loads" is total dog poo. i've played tarkov since the very beginning, and NEVER have tarkov been as unstable "server-wise" as it is now. undeniably a very good game in my opinion, but the server crashes every single friday/saturday night is getting a bit weary.................. enough new players have bought the game in any version for the developers to be able to afford enough servers for this to be solved almost immediately...

Sincerely one of the biggest fans of the game. keep up the good work.

Unbeliever1284
7 hours ago, Frannkann said:

i've played tarkov since the very beginning, and NEVER have tarkov been as unstable "server-wise" as it is now.

Anyone in this forum who has played the game since the beginning KNOWS that is an extremely untrue statement. 

Personally I currently get in SOLO but in a duo i cant seem to get a match to save my life. It happens, i am glad the game is becoming more popular. 

fearoffish

I don't know what's happened in the last couple of hours or so, but my matching times have been consistently a maximum of ten minutes...now I'm at 45 minutes and still waiting. I've cancelled and tried different maps but still it's over 30 minutes and then I give up.

p.s. For those suggesting elastic "cloud based" servers. You have to build your own cloud for that, because the network latency on all of the clouds I've worked with (I work in cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Digital Ocean etc) is just not reliable enough for a game.

fearoffish

but now it's back to 2 minutes. Hurrah!

DirtySoc

Is there any plan to move towards an auto-scaling, self-healing back-end architecture via Kubernetes or some similar technology in the future?

DarkMarvado

it`s a success worldwide!

looks everywhere needs more servers, the game is fantastic, but this queue time is being a really hard issue!

are those new servers going for Sao Paulo/BR? we need it asap!

Peezy

its actually gotten better

DarkMarvado

Still almost unplayable, 20/30 min matching for a game that can last 40 seconds, I`m not Shroud, not all my runs all successfull.

Brazil needs more servers!