Sign in to follow this  
FLP

Complete Guide for Beginners

FLP

Hello, if you are new to the game and are having difficulties I believe this tutorial will help you a lot.

wRTypQd.png

Welcome to Tarkov.

• First Steps(Knowing the Territory)

First of all I recommend that you go offline without bots and test all shortcuts and commands in the game.

Still in offline mode I recommend that you walk around the maps a lot, to know the map itself and all the extraction and loot areas. So you don't waste a lot of time looking for the extractions, I'll leave here the link with all the maps edited straight from the official wiki.

In offline mode you can also train with bots and even face bosses. Use this mode to familiarize yourself with the game's healing, energy and hydration system.

Spoiler

4nBp5Rs.png

Don't be ashamed or lazy to play offline, I'm sure it will help you a lot in your progression within the game.

Don't forget that offline mode doesn't earn XP or items. But you also don't lose.

I recommend that before you sign in with your PMC for the first time, you sign in from Scav.

The Scav mode is basically for you to take only loot. There are currently no missions and you also cannot complete your PMC's missions using your Scav (but you can get some items).

In Scav mode you kind of take control of a Scav at random time after a raid is started. Your Gear is also random, and can hold valuable items like Keys or Cards to access Lab's map in your pockets.

To play Scav you need to select the character on the left and then choose the map:

Spoiler

rWx1e2M.png

From Scav you don't have to kill other Scav's. But be careful, usually Scav player kills Scav player. (To understand the difference between scav player and scav bot, you have to be aware of the movements, where that Scav is and if he has 2 weapons. very different from a Scav). Remembering that Bosses attack scav player's.
At the end of your raid as a scav you need to transfer the loot to your Stash:

Spoiler

2PSDi0Z.png

We must not forget that on some maps Scav, escape in a different place than PMC, before entering as Scav check the map on the wiki.

• Starting your journey

Once you know the basics of the maps and are confident enough to kill the bot's (Scav's) and maybe some PMC (Player) that comes your way you will start playing in online mode. I recommend that you start with simpler maps like Woods and Customs. Then try Interchange and Shoreline. Whenever playing PMC does not focus on just loot, sometimes it is not worth risking what you already have and you can lose everything.

"Not dying is better than killing" Felipe Eduardo

Also remember that there is no point in entering a raid without good gear, you will end up dying easier or for bullshit. The ideal is to enter a Body Armor of tier 3 or higher (avoid using Body Armor tier 5 and 6 in the beginning, your character will walk very slowly). Avoid using pistols on large maps, you with a pistol in Woods, for example, are more likely to die to a Scav and fail to kill him.

• In search of success

The start in Tarkov is difficult, you often end up dying of bullshit. So it is difficult to have good gear at all times. Scav mode is great for you to farm certain items on the map from which you can sell and get good money.
With the arrival of Hideout (Hideout) many items that were insignificant now have a good value on the market.

You need to reach level 5 to unlock the community market. There you can sell and buy items from other players. I recommend that you take a look at the market to know the value of the items. This will help you a lot when it comes to "looting" whether it's PMC or Scav. Don't forget to save some items that you will use for quests.

Speaking of Quests, I recommend that you start as soon as possible. The quests give you: EXP, Money, Reputation with Dealers and Unlock items. To start your quests you have to go to the Dealers and look for the "Tasks" tab

Spoiler

56wiAZ7.png

For the guys that have the Standard version, the missions help a lot, as they will give you a larger Secure Container.

The progression of dealers is very important to their own economy. The higher your seller's Level, the more items he sells to you. So you buy directly with the seller and not in the Community Market and pay a fair price.

EFT has a skill mechanic:

Spoiler

z9Ozge6.png

Each skill enhances your character and some skins are required to upgrade Hideout and for missions.

• Hideout

Hideout arrived at patch 0.12 and quickly became very important. There you can produce items that you can use in raids like ammunition, drinks, food and medicine. And some items that will help you in some quests.

Spoiler

qmiuXeN.png

In Hideout you can for example mine bitcoin, produce the best ammunition in the game, the best medical kit in the game and make money with the Scav Box. In this Wiki link, you can see everything you need to keep your Hideout at the maximum level and everything you can produce on it. The guys that have the Standard Version can use Hideout to increase their Stash.

• Small details

Well, I think a lot of people can skip that part. But here I will explain some things that a lot of people ask when they are new to the game.

When you enter a PMC Online Raid, if you die, you will lose everything that is with you, except what is in your Secure Container:

Spoiler

TIR3eB6.png

So inside it you can carry whatever you want without fear.

Do not confuse the Tactical Rig with the Body Armor:

Spoiler

Aje3yMX.png

Remembering that we cannot equip a Body Armor and a Tactical Rig for protection. (Example 6B5-15)

Always make insure(But never for the map called LABS.):

Spoiler

PicDqDL.png

The insurance is made in case someone doesn't take your items, they will come back to you:

Spoiler

2YewDi4.png

The item needs to be redeemed or you will lose.

We cannot forget that in EFT it is very common for a novice player to be angry for hitting several shots on another PMC and dying with one or two shots. In EFT ammunition makes a lot of difference and there is no point in shooting a bad ammunition in a PMC full gear, especially if he is wearing a tier 5 or 6 vest. Unlike the other games in EFT, Body Armor is capable of handling the damage of a projectile 100%. Ideally, you should also look at the ammunition table at WIKI.

If you are still afraid or struggling to escape from Tarkov, you can request a Sherpa. Sherpas are more experienced players who help new players in EFT.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/sherpa

When requesting a Sherpa you get a Gear and schedule a Raid, in that Raid the Sherpa will explain many things to you about movement, combat tactics, how to modify weapons, etc ...

I intend to always update this post by adding information. That's it for now.

I intend to improve the translation tomorrow.

If you have any questions I am here to help.

FLP 👑

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3