Jump to content
Sword-A93

99% of the time I have no idea where I'm getting shot from

Recommended Posts

Sword-A93

A kill cam or just some sort of sign that tells you what direction you are getting shot from

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
opiat3

This is a minimal HUD game, so no indicators will be added probably... regarding a killcam, how would that help you know where you are getting shot from? you would be dead to see it in the kill cam , so?!? and it wouldn´t benefit you in no way for the next raid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozo_ninpo
32 minutes ago, Sword-A93 said:

A kill cam or just some sort of sign that tells you what direction you are getting shot from

They don't have hit markers to keep it hyper realistic and it would be really difficult to implement a system that doesn't ruin that experience.

Also, killcams would be bad, because If you're on a team and you see a killcam after getting sniped by someone in a really good position, the killcam would basically give it away to you to tell your Discord buddies exactly where the sniper is at, and dead men tell no tales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petlest7

Please do kill cam with 1-2h delay which will be send to you via trader you can or cannot accept to see your death replay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GREYFOX485

Are you using headphones? That's your only chance of figuring out where you're getting shot from.

You need to be always be looking for cover/concealment. Try to never move out in the open, and if you have to move in the open, run.

If you haven'y been playing this game slow, give it a try. Move from cover to cover and constantly listen. Auditory clues are your best friend in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs

Sound?

+ go offline mode - stand where you died - look around. Angles and Dangles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
On 1/21/2020 at 7:54 PM, Sword-A93 said:

A kill cam or just some sort of sign that tells you what direction you are getting shot from

Not gonna happen, already confirmed years a go. BSG was very strict about it, not gonna happen, ever. Please use the search function before posting again, youre breaking the forum rules and cluttering the forums with this duplicate thread.

19 hours ago, petlest7 said:

Please do kill cam with 1-2h delay which will be send to you via trader you can or cannot accept to see your death replay

Not gonna happen even with a delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldirty
vor 3 Minuten schrieb p4nnus:
vor 19 Stunden schrieb petlest7:

Please do kill cam with 1-2h delay which will be send to you via trader you can or cannot accept to see your death replay

Not gonna happen even with a delay.

Im sure it was mentioned they are thinking about doing something like this.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
2 minutes ago, oldirty said:

Im sure it was mentioned they are thinking about doing something like this.

Nope. Im 100% sure. A more detailed after death report is what youre gonna get. But no KillCam. Its always been a very strict no from BSG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PardTheTroll
vor 8 Minuten schrieb p4nnus:

Nope. Im 100% sure. A more detailed after death report is what youre gonna get. But no KillCam. Its always been a very strict no from BSG.

Nope, Nikita said they might implement the KillCam back into the game. As it has been in the pre-alpha build. They are just not sure how.

Might be delayed. Might be a specific item you have to buy (GoPro). Etc. Etc.

Edited by PardTheTroll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldirty
vor 10 Minuten schrieb p4nnus:

Nope. Im 100% sure. A more detailed after death report is what youre gonna get. But no KillCam. Its always been a very strict no from BSG.

Maybe I remember this wrong as I dont really care much. I thought there was some talk about in combination with traders and trying some immersive way to handle it.

I personally would love to have a full demo available tho. That would be insane in my opnion.

Edited by oldirty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
2 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

Nope, Nikita said they might implement the KillCam back into the game. As it has been in the pre-alpha build. They are just not sure how.

Might be delayed. Might be a specific item you have to buy (GoPro). Etc. Etc.

I dont believe you. I need to see proof, as Ive seen countless BSG members and I think Nikita himself saying that KillCam has no place in EFT. At least countless crew members, people who work for BSG.

1 minute ago, oldirty said:

Maybe I remember this wrong as I dont really care much. I thought there was some talk about in combination with traders and trying some immersive way to handle it.

Have you got a link to provide? I havent seen ALL the podcasts etc, couldve missed sth.

Edited by p4nnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Underhook
16 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

Not gonna happen, already confirmed years a go. BSG was very strict about it, not gonna happen, ever. Please use the search function before posting again, youre breaking the forum rules and cluttering the forums with this duplicate thread.

Not gonna happen even with a delay.

BSG have changed things in the past due to pressure from players.  I'm fine with people raising the topic.

I'm in favour of a replay system as in World of Tanks where you can access the server replay after the match has finished.  Would be a great way to get rid of those cheating glitches.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldirty
vor 1 Minute schrieb p4nnus:

Have you got a link to provide? I havent seen ALL the podcasts etc, couldve missed sth.

Ive tried a forum searc, but there are too many topics with the wording kill cam xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
2 minutes ago, Underhook said:

BSG have changed things in the past due to pressure from players.

Like what?

1 minute ago, oldirty said:

Ive tried a forum searc, but there are too many topics with the wording kill cam xD

For the last 2.5 years, Ive been a part of all of those conversations. In the end when theyve got heated, a BSG crew members has appeared in some of them to tell that its not gonna happen. I remember several times. Some not even that old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldirty

"ShiroTenshi

Geschrieben 30. September 2019

Hello!

Please use the search function before creating a new thread. This has been suggested before, and discussed during one of the podcasts. Kill cams are a possibility but not a certainty. Even if they do make it into the game, they will be restricted in how they operate."

There was a slightly more in depth post once, something with traders, or body cams etc and trying to make it immersive so it doesnt break the realistic approach. Its hard to find...

Edited by oldirty
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Underhook
Just now, p4nnus said:

Like what?

Hatchet runners were awesome at the start.

Some players complained

1) melee damage nerfed

Some players complained

2) Armour made ridiculously resistant to melee attack

Some players complained

3) Melee damage nerfed to oblivion

Some players complained

4) Guns and scopes cant be put into secure container (although that might have been just as important in stopping glitchers etc).

 

Pretty sure there are other examples but its nearly bed time, too tired :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
Just now, oldirty said:

ShiroTenshi

Geschrieben 30. September 2019

Hello!

Please use the search function before creating a new thread. This has been suggested before, and discussed during one of the podcasts. Kill cams are a possibility but not a certainty. Even if they do make it into the game, they will be restricted in how they operate.

@ShiroTenshi could you confirm this? When has the plan changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
7 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Hatchet runners were awesome at the start.

Some players complained

1) melee damage nerfed

Some players complained

2) Armour made ridiculously resistant to melee attack

Some players complained

3) Melee damage nerfed to oblivion

Some players complained

4) Guns and scopes cant be put into secure container (although that might have been just as important in stopping glitchers etc).

Pretty sure there are other examples but its nearly bed time, too tired :)

None of these changes are out of line from the vision BSG has had from the beginning. Players complaining mightve sped up the process, but melee damage was too high vs risk&reward, its not supposed to do damage to armor realistically and so on.

Also, the container abuse was sth BSG couldnt predict but as it got so common they did measures against it. Not a matter of players complaining IMO.

 

@oldirty

This is quite on the contrary.

Edited by p4nnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Underhook
2 minutes ago, p4nnus said:

None of these changes are out of line from the vision BSG has had from the beginning. Players complaining mightve sped up the process, but melee damage was too high vs risk&reward, its not supposed to do damage to armor realistically and so on.

Also, the container abuse was sth BSG couldnt predict but as it got so common they did measures against it. Not a matter of players complaining IMO.

Realistically a bayonet is more deadly than a bullet.  At that range your just going to ram it through gaps in the armour.

Oh, yes, I forgot about the recent medical, hydration, energy penalty for playing without a gun.  If your really saying that all those changes on one aspect of game play is in line with the original game and they don't change anything due to player complaints, then fine.  You will probably say the same thing after the kill cam is introduced.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
2 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Realistically a bayonet is more deadly than a bullet.  At that range your just going to ram it through gaps in the armour.

Oh, yes, I forgot about the recent medical, hydration, energy penalty for playing without a gun.  If your really saying that all those changes on one aspect of game play is in line with the original game and they don't change anything due to player complaints, then fine.  You will probably say the same thing after the kill cam is introduced.  :)

Didnt know we have a bayonet in the game? And Ive got to say that the blanket statement you just pulled off there is one of the most ridiculous ones Ive heard this week! A bullet is most certainly way more deadly in almost every situation, than a bayonet. 

And no, using it without a rifle behind it to actually have force in ramming it IS pretty different.

Penalties for dying were always planned, but these were to combat people who abuse a system BSG so much that its affecting the economy and immersion of EFT. Again, complaints sped the process but BSG wouldve got data anyways about such abuse and measures wouldve been taken at some point even if people were silent. 

Edited by p4nnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Underhook

Yes there is a bayonet in the game.  as well as the knives and hatchet.  Believe what you want at close range I'll take the bayonet over the gun every time.

The overhead strike (like a hammer fist) is not useful in a knife fight because its slower and telegraphed.  The strike is old though.  Knights carried a dirk, the tactic was to wrestle your opponent to the ground and then ram the dirk through the plate and mail armour.  Whilst I would not expect it to go through some of the modern armour plate,  I'm guessing you wouldn't be aiming at the plate.

If in the game we can believe we are PMC's skilled with guns.  Cant we be skilled with melee too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
p4nnus
2 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Yes there is a bayonet in the game.  as well as the knives and hatchet.  Believe what you want at close range I'll take the bayonet over the gun every time.

Show me a picture of a bayonet attached to a weapon. Its just a knife if you cant use it as a bayonet.

3 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Cant we be skilled with melee too?

Melee is quite obsolete in modern CQB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PardTheTroll
vor 2 Stunden schrieb p4nnus:

I need to see proof

Been mentioned in some of the last streams. I am too lazy to watch through 8 hours of video. But like I said, it is not certain. They are just playing with the idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petlest7

yes  hope they will do even if it will be like you need to buy it with in-game money to prevent watching too much of replays -it would be really great not necessary for this game as headset helps and my game nvidia recording as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2