icecreamshampoo

New players wouldnt have as much trouble if...

icecreamshampoo

PMCs were given compasses. Compasses have been used for thousands of years yet the PMCs don't have one? New players would be able to learn and navigate new maps with one. the in-game map is completely useless and noobs buy it thinking it has a benefit. Is there no compass because Russians don't use them? or is it because this game is too hardcore and realistic for a compass? We have Apple watches with GPS but the PMCs are still using a Casio watch from 1980.spacer.png

wut_am_i_doing

I'm in agreement about the compass, make it a part of the kit you can buy with rubles, equip and select to use like meds or weapons.

Underhook

I thought a compass was planned for the finished game?

PardTheTroll
vor 3 Minuten schrieb Underhook:

That is false. We were supposed to get it like two patches ago. But as BSG seems to be dissatisfied with their current implementation, we will have to wait for the next one or two patches for them to actually release it. Definitively not at launch. Whenever that might be :D  

GhostZ69
7 minutes ago, Underhook said:

It has been planned for a long time.  It is just beyond the current coding ability of the team.

wut_am_i_doing

I tend to look for the sun and shadows.

Knowing the time of day from the loading screen, it's not hard to work out the general direction of N, S , E, W

sackmycack

I don't think compasses are necessary, it isn't really that hard to find where your going even if your new. If you are new just watch a map guide and go into offline one or two times. The only point I see for adding them would be if there were random extracts that changed each raid so like 730 paces southeast from the ruined building,or something like this. Also if they did do this I feel like the compass should be like your melee and you don't lose it when you die.

Underhook

I never realised how bad I am with directions and reading maps until I played this game.  I have recently started playing Interchange and even tabing to the map I get lost all the time

wut_am_i_doing

LOL, I can understand that.   I have a laptop with a second screen attached, so I use a map from the wiki on the laptop screen as I play.  Helps heaps.

JedsteR92

It's just a wishfull thinking, but I would love to have a 360° chart of some such, not only for orientation but mostly for callouts. :) I guess i am too use to it from Hunt showdown, but I'll get gut one day :P

CthulhuTactical
On 1/24/2020 at 1:56 PM, Underhook said:

I never realised how bad I am with directions and reading maps until I played this game.  I have recently started playing Interchange and even tabing to the map I get lost all the time

That's precisely where it would be useful -in interchange you can get lost pretty easily, untill you play it dozen of times and memorize the inside layout. Still the undeground garage is nightmare, especially at night, i have no ducking idea where i am. 

Underhook
9 minutes ago, CthulhuTactical said:

That's precisely where it would be useful -in interchange you can get lost pretty easily, untill you play it dozen of times and memorize the inside layout. Still the undeground garage is nightmare, especially at night, i have no ducking idea where i am. 

LOL, thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one.  For downstairs I took some notes.  So the letters on the walls.  A, B, C, D are useful.

for example

A= below IDEA

D= below OLI

Not helping me though as I am currently getting killed by people who are fast moving and completely silent.  Awesome :)

LoginTaken
On 1/24/2020 at 6:26 AM, GhostZ69 said:

It has been planned for a long time.  It is just beyond the current coding ability of the team.

Lol

A compass would be wonderful.

Love how we got a hideout, water/food mechanic, healing outside of raid, several new guns and a new ammunition type  along with a new map.

Yet no compass.

This is just hilarious.