Sign in to follow this  
spinetrain

How to make EFT less boring for all - League Mode

spinetrain

Are you a top player with millions of rubles and hundreds of gear/guns? Are you getting bored?

Are you a new player or average player, that does not have enough money, and you are getting bored/tired of dying constantly?

The answer is: Tiers, or a sort of league mode with points and levels. A ladder system where you can go up or down depending on the points you accumulate.

Win win situation for all; Newbies wont complain they are being killed by veteran players that play this game a couple of years; Veteran players wont be bored out of their minds when playing this game.

Streamers will have epic battles most of the time.

Having about 4-5 tiers would be ideal (depending on players base - even making 3 tiers would be good IMO).

First Tier - Really early newbies - this could be for players that just start off, and after a few games all players are moved to the next tier.

Other 3 tiers - depending on skill where highest tier would have all hardcore streamers that actually stream this as a job. Imagine watching streams then.

Who would mostly oppose this?  Streamers and veteran players that want to have easier fights.

Who would be happy? New players that would stand a chance in their own league, and veteran players that want to face off the best in their category.

How does the game play now? (Perphaps mostly) Veteran players killing newbies - both parties get bored.

But I think devs would hesitate to implements this, perphaps they would be afraid they could lose some of the vet player base? But they might gain some of the newbie player base.

And saying this is a bad idea because of surprise, not knowing if u come across better or worse players; the truth is you should always be prepared to face a better player, so that surprise factor is non existant.

Edited by spinetrain

icecreamshampoo

I said the same exact thing couple posts back. BSG enjoys killing noobs and hatchet boys. Its some sadistic fantasy of theirs.

CreamyCowboy

Matchmaking, imo, is a bad idea. 

What if you are grouping with a friend who has a lot of points or whatever? Rest of group has to deal with players at highest level of group? Lowest level? 

That's the beauty of the game. Low level players who have good strategy but not the best fighters can gain a lot of exp but not get good battle experience. Good shooters but bad strategy could get destroyed by lower players with bad shooting but good strategy.  

My thoughts at least.

Edited by CreamyCowboy

spinetrain
9 minutes ago, icecreamshampoo said:

I said the same exact thing couple posts back. BSG enjoys killing noobs and hatchet boys. Its some sadistic fantasy of theirs.

Well, this all would depend on amount of players playing the game. Otherwise the wait times would be too long, and this might not work.

Also they probably would have to get more servers (not sure) to accomodate all this. 

The real question is, if they are selling copies, why would they even bother doing such drastic changes? I mean in the end it is a business, lets be honest. Also if something isnt broken dont fix it. The question to be asked is, if EFT is or isnt broken at the moment.

Plus they got loads more problems on their plates, namely desync and stutters, so I really would not count on these changes.

spinetrain
19 minutes ago, CreamyCowboy said:

Matchmaking, imo, is a bad idea. 

What if you are grouping with a friend who has a lot of points or whatever? Rest of group has to deal with players at highest level of group? Lowest level? 

That's the beauty of the game. Low level players who have good strategy but not the best fighters can gain a lot of exp but not get good battle experience. Good shooters but bad strategy could get destroyed by lower players with bad shooting but good strategy.  

My thoughts at least.

Ah yes, this is where it might get convoluted, but an option for higher level players to be able to group with lower level players in the higher tiers (not the other way around). In the end, its the higher tier player(s) that are more handicapped in this scenario, so if they decide to have that handicap, more power to them so to speak. It might actually work.

If you are low level player, and you dont have the ammo (dont have money to buy ammo), you probably wont do diddly squat. So these low level players are actually (many are) living a fantasy or simply misinformed trying to kill vet players in top tier gear.

As for the beauty you are talking about, go ask around low tier players, and find out if they actually see the beauty you are speaking of.

Also:

Good shooting & Bad Strategy > Bad Shooting & Good Strategy - (at least most of the time) Which is why you see solos killing teams in this game, and why actually aimbotting is a thing (in the cheating realm).

Edited by spinetrain

Hamm

Id love to know that ever raid i go into, is going to be seriously geared players. I run around like an idiot because i see no one so i force gun fights even if it means im going in blind. Its just gear i dont care. I just want good PVP with other people just as geared as me. But as for tiers. They wouldnt have a tier high enough for me

imma goat ;)

CreamyCowboy
6 minutes ago, spinetrain said:

Ah yes, this is where it might get convoluted, but an option for higher level players to be able to group with lower level players in the higher tiers (not the other way around). In the end, its the higher tier player(s) that are more handicapped in this scenario, so if they decide to have that handicap, more power to them so to speak. It might actually work.

If you are low level player, and you dont have the ammo (dont have money to buy ammo), you probably wont do diddly squat. So these low level players are actually (many are) living a fantasy or simply misinformed trying to kill vet players in top tier gear.

As for the beauty you are talking about, go ask around low tier players, and find out if they actually see the beauty you are speaking of.

Also:

Good shooting & Bad Strategy > Bad Shooting & Good Strategy - (at least most of the time)

I'm a low level with not very many hours. And if your objective is to survive by using good strategy,  it's easier to accomplish vs wanting to raid and kill as many people as possible. But that boils down to how you want to play the game.

1 minute ago, Hamm said:

Id love to know that ever raid i go into, is going to be seriously geared players. I run around like an idiot because i see no one so i force gun fights even if it means im going in blind. Its just gear i dont care. I just want good PVP with other people just as geared as me. But as for tiers. They wouldnt have a tier high enough for me

imma goat ;)

Lol. See! Some folks just want to have fun. Personally, having the challenge of knowing you'll probably run into better players is all part of the fun. That's how you can get better. Engaging with better players, observing how they are playing and what you did or didn't do right / wrong. 

I dont have an issue being in a raid with better players. Its ALWAYS going to be that way. Youll never be the greatest in the lobby.  But playing smart and using tactics to your advantage will make you  a better player.

Again, just my thoughts.

spinetrain
8 minutes ago, Hamm said:

imma goat ;)

Well you see, higher tiers doesnt neccessary means fully geared. The way things are going, 90 percent at the top tier, would be mostly 50 lvl hatcher runners doing money runs and one fully geared player.  Talking about the people addicted to the gambling side of the game, along with the thrill of losing it all (alternative to high adrenaline pumping sports perphaps).

Nah I kid.

As for goat, your avatar speaks for itself, or speaks on your behalf already ;)

EDIT:

Andddd... at the lower tiers the HP loss penalty for dying could be a lot less.... hmmmmmmm.........

Edited by spinetrain

spinetrain
22 minutes ago, CreamyCowboy said:

I'm a low level with not very many hours. And if your objective is to survive by using good strategy,  it's easier to accomplish vs wanting to raid and kill as many people as possible. But that boils down to how you want to play the game.

Lol. See! Some folks just want to have fun. Personally, having the challenge of knowing you'll probably run into better players is all part of the fun. That's how you can get better. Engaging with better players, observing how they are playing and what you did or didn't do right / wrong. 

I dont have an issue being in a raid with better players. Its ALWAYS going to be that way. Youll never be the greatest in the lobby.  But playing smart and using tactics to your advantage will make you  a better player.

Again, just my thoughts.

Yes well all good.

I was actually very into EFT, quite addicted. But after last couple of games, something snapped, and I became a free man so to speak. I no longer yearn to play, Ive actually currently uninstalled the game.

One scenario I had, was a factory run, where a 4 man team actually entered all doors simultaneously almost to the milisecond, at the spawn above factory key exit near stairs - near to yellow fork lifts if I remember correctly), just to kill one player - me. 
From that moment I had a bad aftertaste. What is funny I actually did not feel bad for myself, I actually felt bad for them. That they took the game too seriously. And that aftertaste turned into "I just cant be bothered anymore" and I myself cannot take a game that seriously.

And there was no anger, no resentment, just a calm decision. But I remembered reading some posts of new players (being a fairly new player myself) I decided to write this.

And find something more casual for the time being (just as lower tier games would be more causal I think).

But anyway, just some ramblings and musings, here, nothing to see move along lol.

Edited by spinetrain

CreamyCowboy
2 hours ago, spinetrain said:

Yes well all good.

I was actually very into EFT, quite addicted. But after last couple of games, something snapped, and I became a free man so to speak. I no longer yearn to play, Ive actually currently uninstalled the game.

One scenario I had, was a factory run, where a 4 man team actually entered all doors simultaneously almost to the milisecond, at the spawn above factory key exit near stairs - near to yellow fork lifts if I remember correctly), just to kill one player - me. 
From that moment I had a bad aftertaste. What is funny I actually did not feel bad for myself, I actually felt bad for them. That they took the game too seriously. And that aftertaste turned into "I just cant be bothered anymore" and I myself cannot take a game that seriously.

And there was no anger, no resentment, just a calm decision. But I remembered reading some posts of new players (being a fairly new player myself) I decided to write this.

And find something more casual for the time being (just as lower tier games would be more causal I think).

But anyway, just some ramblings and musings, here, nothing to see move along lol.

Ha. Understandable.  I can't play that way. Ive just never been an aggressive player, even in a group. Queued up for a game right now .. feeling the 'long wait times" blues right now. Ughm