addx9

A Possible Bug/Fix to Matching times

addx9

Hi all, 

So after having a terrible start to gaming on Tarkov (what with having to wait nearly an hour just to get into game)(Fig.1) I went digging around the launcher and some of the crash reports that I have had and I think I found something.

So on my trials through my files I noticed that I seemed to be only connecting to one server, London (UK), even though I had selected multiple servers on start up to connect too. Thats when I went into my server settings via the launcher (Fig. 2) and noticed that my *use Automatic Server Selection* was ticked on (Fig. 3). I thought that was strange since I didnt even remember there being an option to select that in the opening set up. I immiediately turned off my automatic server selection and re-selected all the servers that I originally selected (Fig. 4) and entered the game. I jumped into a game and sure enough I found that I was in a game with Scav in less than 7 mins. Once I had finished my game I shut down the game and re-launched to check if the servers were still okay and sure enough my launhcer had specified one server, London (UK) (Fig. 5). I changed it back to my requirements and the game seems to be allowing me to enter games at a much quicker pace. 

So in essence I implore everyone to check their server settings before leaving the launcher just to make sure that your server isnt being locked to one server to choose from. 

Dev's I am sorry for immiediately jumping to conclusions but this is a severe bug that does need fixing right away as players who dont care about going into files to fix the problem will just leave before being able to understand the issue. 

Thanks, 

Addx9

Fig. 1.jpg

Fig. 2.png

Fig. 3.png

Fig. 4.png

Fig. 5.png

Piledrive

Thanks for the info.

Issue is for me and many others in my region, we only have 1 server to select from (Oceanic) and with the amount of players trying to get into that one server, it takes forever.

We have the option to select some of the Asia servers but the ping to them is over 120+ and in a game like tarkov, thats a real killer.

What they need to do is add more servers in Oceanic Region as this will fix the issue we are having there.

Each region with only 1 server, they need to add at least another one

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Shaytorn
On 1/22/2020 at 3:11 AM, Piledrive said:

Thanks for the info.

Issue is for me and many others in my region, we only have 1 server to select from (Oceanic) and with the amount of players trying to get into that one server, it takes forever.

We have the option to select some of the Asia servers but the ping to them is over 120+ and in a game like tarkov, thats a real killer.

What they need to do is add more servers in Oceanic Region as this will fix the issue we are having there.

Each region with only 1 server, they need to add at least another one

I live in South Africa and our closest servers are in EU and we get 180-200 ping. The game is fine and very playable. We have a slight disadvantage but its 100% playable at that ping, we wreck, we get wrecked, just like everyone else. Fortunately they have announced a South African server in the last podcast! Saw it on Pestily's last video! We are so freakin happy about that. 10 ping here we come! Only question is..... when?

EDIT: They did also say they were adding more servers in other regions including South America and Australasia.

Edited by Shaytorn