Mibarri

What’s going on with woods?

Mibarri

I play woods a huge amount of time. Last 4 days I’ve noticed my raid time is 30mins. 4 days ago it was 40-45mins. Are they changing stuff and not telling us?

• Like 1

vandoan

Due to the recent influx of new players, they have shortened the raid timers on all maps by roughly 10 minutes. This allows them to open up more servers more frequently to lower the waiting time. You can probably expect the server timers to be returned to normal when more and new servers are installed!

Edited by vandoan
  • Upvote 1

Mibarri

Cool. Thx for the reply.

Tigerbarb

30 min for a raid in woods only does two things. #1 shortens wait times so BSG can make more money. I agree that they should make money, they need it. Hell! they deserve it, good fun game even though its been in "beta" for like 3 years. 

#2 is the problem. 30 min raid time on a map like woods totally screws solos. I am either getting killed rushing to the exit, or not having enough time to loot players and scaves I kill. I Have lost about 4 mil in gear and I have no idea how much in loot because of this time crap. 

Solution;  put the raid times back for the large maps or even all of them. I am sorry there are long wait times, but if you wait 2 min less to have 20 min less in game I don't see that as a win for anyone. This isn't COD where you rush all over the map and do impossible things (IE noscoping in a spin, off a rooftop) The players who want that play COD. This player base loves the authentic feel of the game. 

Possible solution #2; add more exits there are plenty of places built for them, turn them on.

GhostZ69
9 minutes ago, Tigerbarb said:

This isn't COD where you rush all over the map and do impossible things (IE noscoping in a spin, off a rooftop)

Um, I see that crap all the time.  People jumping form the third floor of Resort, spraying a whole team down with their Meta M-4 then popping a pain pill and sprinting off into the sunset with two broken legs and 150KG of gear in their backpack.

But the rest of your sentiment I agree with 😃

Ticon

Hello Ladies and Gents, and Devs.

I just got out from a woods raid, that actually failed because of the timer, aiming on completing the  "chumming" quest part for the woods map, in the middle of the completion Shturman appears with his gang and the entire encounter leads to me being surrounded and basically isolated inside the huts, i manage to win the fight somehow and gather up the loot, my first ever look on that svd, his tier 6 zhuk armor etc..  but then something odd happens. i run out of time?!..but how?...what the..!??
Simply put, there is simply by far not enough time to raid this map in the way its supposedly intended and believe me i was keeping a fairly high pace as youd usually do on this map given you know it well enough, with a very aggresive momentum at all time against the cheeki breeki squad, completing the quest for chumming was a positive outcome nontheless but the not so pleasant ending being no more then a minute away from the outskirts exit, I mean i havnt had that feeling of something being so wrong with the timer on any other map since early access.. Those extra 15 minutes were essential for Woods being so huge, and wasnt it perfect as it was?  now with shturman going full yolo retard at the first sight of you, spawning with his bunch of petscavs that surround you while he just spits at you and laugh,. just the fight itself absolutely drained the timer.. let alone to run to the end of the map afterwards, out of breath or overencumbered or hurt or whatnot,. and then eventually fight against players ontop of it? luckily it seemed like i was alone in this particular raid.. New solo players will get absolutely f**ing ganked on this map without even geting a chance to reach the extract In Time! not sure if it will be a pleasant gaming experiance.. 

Anyways, My feedback on this situation with the timer on Woods judging by my gutfeeling is that you should perhaps put the timer back to where it was or atleast add a few more minutes, 5-10 minutes extra would make a well balanced difference, at this point it feels very very wierd geting the 9 min deadline just about when shturman decide to appaer out of nowhere to lock you down and f*** you up...

Edited by Ticon
  • Upvote 1

Jeffy14

Agreed. Time is too short. Very annoying. Feels like you are running a marathon.
Same on other maps like Factory when sometimes I spwan as a SCAV with 2 min left in the raid....

• Upvote 1