DROPBE4R

Insanely hard

DROPBE4R

So I just bought the game, and admitedly pretty noob at it.

I just want to point out a few things that make it REALLY hard for new people.

1. There is no map, ok sure there are maps all over the internet, but when I am in a game I have virtually no point of reference other than land marks.  What kind of soldier does not carry a compass for gods sake??  Give me at least a compass so I know if Im heading east/west/north/south so I can have an idea on bearing. 
  2. There seems to be some hacking going on.  I have a few times people just walking straight to a hiding spot and one shotting me.  Some of the kills seem very questionable.  I want a report player function - some of them seem pretty god damn suspicious.
  3. I lost my gear on the main character in the first like 20 seconds of the game, and now there is just no coming back.  It has to be a bit easier to get back into the game or people are just going to quit after losing their stuff.  As a new player, its like 90% likely I will die in the first game, and I lose ALL my stuff and its so hard to get stuff back?  Come on I have had to play 14 rounds and can not make 1 extraction with basic trash to sell to try and get back into the game.
  4. Its unfair putting new players against higher level players, the skills make such a massive difference there is no balance when you put a level 1 vs a level 40 - let alone the armor and gear difference also on top of that.
  5. Melee is horrible.  It is SO HARD to get close enough to knife someone (seeing as its the only option I have now that I lost all my gear) that this needs to be changed.  If I am close enough to knife someone, it should be a 1 shot takedown, Im an elite soldier ffs, what is with the wild swinging and swooshing of a knife and 17 damage per swing.  It should be like Battlefield in that if I am on you to knife you, you're dead.  Otherwise just remove melee entirely its next to pointless in its current form.
  6. Find a way to stop exfil camping.  It is hard enough for a new player to survive loot and get to an exfil (if u can find one, its so hard to know where you are - see point 1) when I finally get to an exfil after hours of trying to get gear...I just get hard camped by teams of 2 or 3 campers just farming people at the exfil.  This is just dumb gameplay, make the exfil points more protected.
  7. All of the exfil points should require nothing to exit.  This also makes it next to impossible for new players to get out of the game.
  8. Reduce the timer to get back into the game, currently having to wait 20 minutes for my scav player so I can even hope to try to get more gear for my main character to be able to get back into game.  so far 17 runs, 0 successful.  I mean I made it to exfil multiple times and then just got camped. 
  9. Make some of the missions just PVE (ie no pvp component) so that I CAN get back into the game.  Give me a fricken pistol and a light armor or something so I can get em done, but with hard level difficulty...but try getting missions done with a knife so I can just buy some new gear, come on there is hard core and then there is just impossible.

I like the game, I just find it hard to justify playing when there is so much downtime waiting for a character to be usable again, and that the hacking issues seem to be pretty rife.  Also, maybe I just need people to run me through the game at some point.  I dont know....please tell me it gets easier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

rav91

you dont even know the maps, probably played like 5 raids and already complain about hacking?
I stopped reading right there, learn the game.

• Sad 2

DROPBE4R

There is your problem then.  If you cant be bothered reading then dont bother posting.

In point 1 I clearly outlined that not knowing the maps makes it very hard.  You said you read point 1, although I'm thinking you just skim read it because you are a lazy....

I clearly stated 17 raids mate. 

Edited by DROPBE4R

Rekonsile
17 minutes ago, DROPBE4R said:

So I just bought the game, and admitedly pretty noob at it.

I just want to point out a few things that make it REALLY hard for new people.

1. There is no map, ok sure there are maps all over the internet, but when I am in a game I have virtually no point of reference other than land marks.  What kind of soldier does not carry a compass for gods sake??  Give me at least a compass so I know if Im heading east/west/north/south so I can have an idea on bearing. 
  2. There seems to be some hacking going on.  I have a few times people just walking straight to a hiding spot and one shotting me.  Some of the kills seem very questionable.  I want a report player function - some of them seem pretty god damn suspicious.
  3. I lost my gear on the main character in the first like 20 seconds of the game, and now there is just no coming back.  It has to be a bit easier to get back into the game or people are just going to quit after losing their stuff.  As a new player, its like 90% likely I will die in the first game, and I lose ALL my stuff and its so hard to get stuff back?  Come on I have had to play 14 rounds and can not make 1 extraction with basic trash to sell to try and get back into the game.
  4. Its unfair putting new players against higher level players, the skills make such a massive difference there is no balance when you put a level 1 vs a level 40 - let alone the armor and gear difference also on top of that.
  5. Melee is horrible.  It is SO HARD to get close enough to knife someone (seeing as its the only option I have now that I lost all my gear) that this needs to be changed.  If I am close enough to knife someone, it should be a 1 shot takedown, Im an elite soldier ffs, what is with the wild swinging and swooshing of a knife and 17 damage per swing.  It should be like Battlefield in that if I am on you to knife you, you're dead.  Otherwise just remove melee entirely its next to pointless in its current form.
  6. Find a way to stop exfil camping.  It is hard enough for a new player to survive loot and get to an exfil (if u can find one, its so hard to know where you are - see point 1) when I finally get to an exfil after hours of trying to get gear...I just get hard camped by teams of 2 or 3 campers just farming people at the exfil.  This is just dumb gameplay, make the exfil points more protected.
  7. All of the exfil points should require nothing to exit.  This also makes it next to impossible for new players to get out of the game.
  8. Reduce the timer to get back into the game, currently having to wait 20 minutes for my scav player so I can even hope to try to get more gear for my main character to be able to get back into game.  so far 17 runs, 0 successful.  I mean I made it to exfil multiple times and then just got camped. 
  9. Make some of the missions just PVE (ie no pvp component) so that I CAN get back into the game.  Give me a fricken pistol and a light armor or something so I can get em done, but with hard level difficulty...but try getting missions done with a knife so I can just buy some new gear, come on there is hard core and then there is just impossible.

I like the game, I just find it hard to justify playing when there is so much downtime waiting for a character to be usable again, and that the hacking issues seem to be pretty rife.  Also, maybe I just need people to run me through the game at some point.  I dont know....please tell me it gets easier.

i think your biggest problem is you didnt learn the game before you played like a majority of people watching bigger streamers that have had their hands held though their experience. you are probably watching Dr. Disrespect and his infinite funds though which he puts up items at 10 times the cost of what they are worth and magically its sold to some fan boy... if you want to succeed in this game you need to actually learn the game and once you do that you will understand that it really isn't that hard of game. 

here is a link to the WIKI 

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Escape_from_Tarkov_Wiki

learn ammo/armor/extracts.

also you should know that guns aren't worth more than most of the barter items on the flee market slot for slot overall.

• Upvote 1

Rekonsile

bolts/nuts/nails all sell for 8k to 30k each depending on the market a one slot and even hoses at two slots can sell for 23k to 50k depending on the market. another source of income that most wouldn't understand value wise is saline which is roughly around 30k to 50k for 1 slot. 

you should be focusing quests for rewards and other thing they unlock asnd once you hit certain levels you will find the game gets much easier because most of the best ammo and passive income generators are at the 30 plus margin in levels or are locked behind quests at those levels.

TheHappyMile

Tarkov is insanely hard. That's why it is an amazing game, that is, why so many people love this game.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb DROPBE4R:

There is your problem then.  If you cant be bothered reading then dont bother posting.

you definitely did not bother informing what you buy. instead of that you're coming to the forum to flame. why should anyone read your rant?

I did, and it's redicoulus. 

• Upvote 1

DROPBE4R
1 minute ago, TheHappyMile said:

Tarkov is insanely hard. That's why it is an amazing game, that is, why so many people love this game.

you definitely did not bother informing what you buy. instead of that you're coming to the forum to flame. why should anyone read your rant?

I did, and it's redicoulus. 

And your credibility when you can't spell basic words is ridiculously high.

Also when you say why should anyone read it, then concede that you did, also does not really add to your credibility. 

Informing what I buy?  What does this even mean?

Of course its a rant, this a forum.  What else am I going to post as a new player, elite tactics? 

I made some comments based on my experience, this is my experience, it may not be yours.  I have played many other games and I know when a kill is questionable.  That said, I can see this game is pretty easy to take people down having ironsighted quite a few from great distance yesterday I was able to headshot at least 5 people with quite a bit of range and no sights.  So it is a 1 shot 1 kill environment I can deal with that.  Its when I am hiding, not moving and some dude walks around a corner not having made any sounds and knows exactly where I am and just fires....some times it SEEMS hacky.  Maybe they are just good....who knows.

DROPBE4R
19 minutes ago, Rekonsile said:

you are probably watching Dr. Disrespect and his infinite funds though which he puts up items at 10 times the cost of what they are worth and magically its sold to some fan boy... if you want to succeed in this game you need to actually learn the game and once you do that you will understand that it really isn't that hard of game. 

Thats a fair point, I did watch him play 1 game of it, however I wasnt really caring about the prices he got for things just wanted to see the general game play of it.  

What I am having toruble with is that most items I want to buy require some kind of trade item which I just dont have.   Where are these coming from??  Like 8 knives...where am I supposed to get 8 knives?  This is the problem with buying back into the game is that actually you just cant unless you have the trade items also.

Rekonsile
8 minutes ago, DROPBE4R said:

Thats a fair point, I did watch him play 1 game of it, however I wasnt really caring about the prices he got for things just wanted to see the general game play of it.  

What I am having toruble with is that most items I want to buy require some kind of trade item which I just dont have.   Where are these coming from??  Like 8 knives...where am I supposed to get 8 knives?  This is the problem with buying back into the game is that actually you just cant unless you have the trade items also.

trade items come from in game those knives come from scavs. once you hit level 5 you can use the auction house to by stuff for a much cheaper price which is why doing quests and leveling up quicker by doing so is what helps you close the gap most players dont level up past their level 20s because they refuse to do quests. Which in turn makes leveling far more difficult. another fun fact once you hit lvl 5 you can click on the gear setting everytime you head in the auction house and remove barter items from popping up which shows you the better cash deals. stay away from 9mm and 9x18 because those weapons are poo.

look for VEPR's 7.62 variant only typically around 13k to 15k rubles  per or you can use SK's at around 20ish and buy PS ammo early on and once you a little bit of cash you can start to buy BP for easy level 4 and 5 armor kills. the reason i suggest those two weapons is because they are single shot and require less for work for managing recoil and if you aim for upper chest and head level you will win far more fight and become more accurate than most other players who sprat and prey,

• Like 1

KaelTheInvoker
1 час назад, DROPBE4R сказал:

There is no map, ok sure there are maps all over the internet, but when I am in a game I have virtually no point of reference other than land marks.  What kind of soldier does not carry a compass for gods sake??  Give me at least a compass so I know if Im heading east/west/north/south so I can have an idea on bearing. 

You can buy map from therapist, it's easy.

There seems to be some hacking going on.  I have a few times people just walking straight to a hiding spot and one shotting me.  Some of the kills seem very questionable.  I want a report player function - some of them seem pretty god damn suspicious.

I'm sorry, but it's all about you. A lot of quiet sounds in this game can be easily heard, by using headphones, and staying on one place. Moreover, a lot of people use prefire and knows the map exactly, so they can know about you hidding in the bushes, for example.

I lost my gear on the main character in the first like 20 seconds of the game, and now there is just no coming back.  It has to be a bit easier to get back into the game or people are just going to quit after losing their stuff.  As a new player, its like 90% likely I will die in the first game, and I lose ALL my stuff and its so hard to get stuff back?  Come on I have had to play 14 rounds and can not make 1 extraction with basic trash to sell to try and get back into the game.

Do not worry, this game is about dying every time when you play first time. All of us went through it. Further, even if you learn, you anyway will still die sometimes, and maybe a lot.  This game is about dying, equally as about guns.  Don't worry about it.

UPD - sorry for horrible english sometimes.

Edited by KaelTheInvoker

RainmakerM4

I think it would be unfair if they restrict my level 1 character to go up against level 40 character. I want that chance and opportunity to kill that player who is alot higher level than me. Since everything is so hard for you I got a question. Have you ever played ANY video game in the past except escape from tarkov? I am not talking about Fornite, I am talking about video games, the ones with challenge and depth. In video games you usually learn and gradually get better.
P.S. After reading your melee rant, I sincerely think there is no help for you or your kind.

• Like 1

RACWAR

A lot of your complaints come down to the fact that the game is still in developments and things are subject to change and more mechanics and items (such as the compass you mentions) will still be added in the future. You aren't playing the game, you are testing a pre-order exclusive closed beta.

And regarding being matched up against people who are better than you, that's literally how the majority of games work. I can't even think of any game that matches you up against people depending on playtime. BF doesn't, CoD doesn't, RS:Siege doesn't, none of these most popular shooters have rank based matchmaking. So idk why this one should.

If you really like the game then keep at it. The more you play the better you will get. Same as any other game.

Edited by RACWAR

Underhook

So, when you comment on the forums saying how hard it is.  You will get a bunch of players telling you how its all your fault.

Yes, how dare you play a game by just jumping in and trying to have fun.

1) A lot of people have felt the same way as you at the start.

2) The game is very difficult for new players (solo is really hard), especially when you start well after the wipe when most players have gear, map knowledge and RPG skills.  In fact with the new medical system and so on.  Right now the game is harder than its ever been for new players.  I'm pretty sure quite a few players who leveled up after wipe don't quite understand just how difficult it is for a new player, especially level 1 to 5.

3) The game is meant to be unfair and very difficult.

4) You can play PVE mode which is only against AI but you wont get to keep any loot.  Nor will you lose your loot upon death.  However its a great way to learn the maps.  Map knowledge is very important.

5) as soon as you can afford it get some "ears" Ragman sells them for around 12K.  Once you hear what geared players can hear you will understand how they are finding you.  Many players say that ears are more important than armour.

6)  If you not able to get good ammo yet then most guns wont pen mid to high level armour.  I would suggest you use the mosin.  The stock ammunition for the mosin can pen most helmets and will give you a fighting chance.

Finally:  Things will get better.  I'm a terrible player so its taking me a long time to level up and complete tasks etc. however, gradually as you upgrade your hideout and your RPG skills start to go up things will become easier.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

vandoan

Let's just start with saying... Welcome to Tarkov! 🙂
Tarkov is a beautiful, great game yet harsh and unforgiving. It was aimed at a rather small playerbase, almost a "niche" game and therefore the feeling of "impossibleness" is intended. The map you buy from Therapist is not good, I would suggest Googling one that is recently updated. Play one map until you learn its ins and outs. This will also help you with dealing with your point 2, questionable kills. Map-knowledge is key, just like in many other shooters. There are a number of selected spawns on the map and an experienced player knows these spots, they have played the map 100's of times and can very likely pre-aim or just suspect a player to be there. This also goes for other parts of the map. At hotspots/landmarks experienced players knows the most common spots and will therefore check those. 
My tip is to bring up a map on your phone, second-monitor, tablet and play the game, bring in the cheap gear you have, run as a hatchling or go as geared as you want. Walk around the map and really compare what you see to where you should be on the map. This will give you a good understanding to the maps layout but also what direction you will be looking in the future. After that you'll quickly memorize the map 🙂

Lucky for you is the sort of recent Flea market. Something I didn't have access to in my nooby days 🙂 With the flea market, unlocked at level 5 you can sell anything but also buy anything, this means that you could argue that quests and trader rep is not necessary at all. As long as you have money, you can gear up. End-game guns, armour and bullets will all be accessible for you even as a level 5 player. As others have mentioned, bolts sell for 10-20k and so does many other common barter items that you find scattered around the map. 
Therefore, I do not recommend Customs as a starter map. It's got terrible loot unless you have the right keys and due to the influx of players, lots of geared people are mowing down low-levels. Go try interchange, lots of loot and there's plenty of loot runs on youtube. Easy cash and also IMO, higher chance of survival unless you go to the hotspots. 

Exfil-camping is a problem, sure, although I personally have only experienced it once on a map other than factory, but more extracts with no limitations (be it item requirement or timed) would make more but shorter lootruns/raids more profitable which in my opinion is not a good way to go. 

Finally, things will get better, things will get easier. money is tight in the beginning but for most seasoned players, it's nothing to worry about after you learn how to keep your economy steady. I have myself played for over two years, constantly and it took me roughly one year before I felt I was decent at the game. My point is, keep trying 🙂 It's a great, and beautiful game not worth giving up on because of the rough and harsh learning curve. 

If you have any further questions you can add me on discord: Vandoan#4241 
or message me here 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JedsteR92

I too recently bought the game, is it hard? Yep, is it impossible? Hell no! 

1.well you have to learn the maps, I am alt-tabing like crazy but it works. 

2. I am not saying there are none, but I personaly wouldn't dare call hackers when I barely understand the game. 

3. Insure your stuff, if nobody picks it up you'll get it back. High geared players don't care about your basic stuff. 

4. It might be cos of EU server but I didn't see any high lvl players, max was lvl 8 and I killed him, took his stuff and sold it, now I am earnin! 

5. No idea, didn't try that yet. But I wonder what would happen if a knife hits armor that supose to stop bullets. Hmmm... my guess would be nothing? 

6. Didn't happen to me, not once, lucky me I guess? 

7. well, plan in advance and pick the extract that requaires nothing?

8. It's fine, my guess later you can heal with enough meds but you can play to survive long enough for scav timer to reset, might not work out all the time, but that's life. 

9. Nah, what would be point of PvP than? All super geared deathmatch? Planty of those out there... You can practice in offline mode, i highly recomend it, to learn the maps and gunz you'll use. 

GallusMaxim

This is Tarkov. Welcome to the madness. We all went through a hard learn curve. But if you say that you enjoy the game @DROPBE4R , than you will stick on it, and adapt soon.

I recomend to level up Therapist asap via quests for cases. 

Get lvl 5 to use flea market.

Scav runs scav runs scav runs, no risk and maybe high reward, but more important, you can learn the maps without pressure.

zdravko010688

The game is in the middle state as of the Wipe which means if you start now it will be massacre for you 

So my advise to you if you really like the game and you want to stay try to find high leveled guys and just ask them for some gear then go offline and learn the maps

then when they wipe it again you will know the maps and you can focus over quest. it will be m,asscre for you.

Then when they wipe it again next year (this is very long time process that im describing to you which i went trought also) you will have some chance going with the real deal.

but until you go throught all that bullshit youll never learn.

Edited by zdravko010688

opiat3

It is intended to become a lot harder as development progresses , so you should ask yourself if this is the kind of game you want...

Whyt546

1) Compasses are going to be added (next patch I think but don't quote me on that)

2) Yes there are hackers but they are VERY VERY rare. I am almost positive your instances are people who heard you/saw you go to your hiding spot, or the spots you're hiding in are the spots that many people hide in so experienced players look there by default to make sure they don't get ambushed

3) It only takes 1 decent scav run to make enough money to last you several runs if you budget yourself effectively

4) Yes it's unfair. This is intentional as the devs do not want level-based matchmaking. Tarkov is a very difficult game by design, we have ALL been there. My survival rating is 14% after 150 raids, i'm usually broke but I still have lots of fun.

5) Melee is meant to be horrible. Going after someone with a knife/axe/etc while they have a gun irl is in most cases going to result in your death. Melee weapons can't even 1 shot an unarmored opponent with a headshot unless if you level your Strength stat so don't bother trying.

6) Yes exit camping is a dirty tactic but honestly it is so rare (except on factory). On top of that in my experience most exit deaths are from other people who are going to the same exit and not people who are camping it. Play very slowly near exit to try to be sure no one is camping it.

7) Some exit points need item(s) to extract because they are located in a far safer to place with much more cover (cliff descent in woods, cliff exit in reserve, the 2 exits in factory that need a key, etc). If they didn't require items the other exits would have no point in using.

8] Build the intelligence center in your hideout to reduce scav times. Back in the day it was an hour long cooldown, 20 minutes (10 minutes with maxed out intelligence center) is short enough. It is fairly cheap to heal your character by buying meds from Therapist and you shouldn't rely on scav runs, just think of them as a potential boost to income, not the main source.

9) They are planning on letting you do PvE with friends but I don't know if you'll get anything from that. Tarkov is meant to be a high risk game, getting rewards from having to fight only AI which can be very easily abused would completely break the economy and make gear way too obtainable.

If you do genuinely enjoy and want to get better at it, the truth is you're going to be eating poo for tens of dozens of hours before you even start to do relatively okay. I've been in your shoes before and yes it sucks but it's what makes this game stand out from others on the market right now.

• Thanks 1

CqcNastyN8

There is a offline mode, that is where i started for customs. It is hard, i didnt know half the button layout, didnt know about sound and which ammo is best. Im now lv10, i dont have good gear and i play solo most of the time. I do enjoy the game , but yah im at a disadvantage cause of the better players. Just have to take it slow and i mean SLOOOOOWWW. Dont run around, check corners, dont kill and quickly run to loot. Just take it slow and learn the layout of the map.

Bumeyes

You're forgetting that all the 'experienced players' also went through this situation. I'm 200hrs in a still not 100% with the maps. Just keep playing, you'll get better.

chrisragnar
10 hours ago, DROPBE4R said:

In point 1 I clearly outlined that not knowing the maps makes it very hard.  You said you read point 1, although I'm thinking you just skim read it because you are a lazy....

I clearly stated 17 raids mate. 

You dident bother to actually play the game enough before writing a whole page of demands. Of witch the only valid ones have been suggested a million times on the forum already.

DROPBE4R
10 hours ago, chrisragnar said:

You dident bother to actually play the game enough before writing a whole page of demands. Of witch the only valid ones have been suggested a million times on the forum already.

So what, in your opinion, is the acceptable amount of hours to play before writing comments?

3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years?  Where is this written that there is a minimum amount of play time required before I can post my opinion and impressions on something?  This game is in BETA, the point of BETA is to give feedback, are you honestly complaining about someone giving feedback on a forum, designed for exactly that, on a game still in development?  Did you really think that through?

Are you suggesting I should read through 3 years of prior posts before writing my thoughts? 

I played the game for quite a lot of hours already, I clearly stated several caveats when I wrote my remarks.  If you lack the reading comprehension to grasp those concepts please refrain from making pointless, meaningless, and toxic posts in future.

RagnarBuliwyf
21 hours ago, DROPBE4R said:

1. Find a way to stop exfil camping.  It is hard enough for a new player to survive loot and get to an exfil (if u can find one, its so hard to know where you are - see point 1) when I finally get to an exfil after hours of trying to get gear...I just get hard camped by teams of 2 or 3 campers just farming people at the exfil.  This is just dumb gameplay, make the exfil points

Funny thing is, out of the past 50 ~ or so players who I've killed camping factory 3 exit, the vast majority have been below level 10. So As 90% of the time it's not worth an experienced player sitting there, the time I can sit there I could go to reserve and make 500 - 2mill. 

Elder_Drake

Just going to start replying to threads like this by saying I am happy to help out new players if they take time to come to the community for help.

I am no ace, but I do have 2 years experience and know how to play. So shoot me a pm and we can set up a time to chat and run.

Edited by Elder_Drake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1