DROPBE4R

Insanely hard

LionHeartUK

tbh its ducking infuriating when you die with all your stuff then youre forced to wait 20mins until you can play again as a scav or until your guy recovers health. i literally just uninstalled because of that bs preventing me from playing because of campers

DROPBE4R
31 minutes ago, LionHeartUK said:

tbh its ducking infuriating when you die with all your stuff then youre forced to wait 20mins until you can play again as a scav or until your guy recovers health. i literally just uninstalled because of that bs preventing me from playing because of campers

This is what I am saying.  Maybe they need to add a 3rd SCAV that can only do offline modes while you wait for online ones to respawn.  At least that way you can practice.  I think enforcing (or more like FORCING) 20 minute downtimes each death is counterproductive and turns new players off.  I just want to play so I can learn the game.

LionHeartUK
1 hour ago, DROPBE4R said:

This is what I am saying.  Maybe they need to add a 3rd SCAV that can only do offline modes while you wait for online ones to respawn.  At least that way you can practice.  I think enforcing (or more like FORCING) 20 minute downtimes each death is counterproductive and turns new players off.  I just want to play so I can learn the game.

tbh id rather just have offline mode loot come with you when you escape but can only be used in offline mode. and ditch the stupid ass wait time to play again. im poo at the game but at least id find it fun if i could actually reliably be able to play the damn game

• Like 1

Got_Epsteined
On 1/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, DROPBE4R said:

So I just bought the game, and admitedly pretty noob at it.

I just want to point out a few things that make it REALLY hard for new people.

1. There is no map, ok sure there are maps all over the internet, but when I am in a game I have virtually no point of reference other than land marks.  What kind of soldier does not carry a compass for gods sake??  Give me at least a compass so I know if Im heading east/west/north/south so I can have an idea on bearing. 
  2. There seems to be some hacking going on.  I have a few times people just walking straight to a hiding spot and one shotting me.  Some of the kills seem very questionable.  I want a report player function - some of them seem pretty god damn suspicious.
  3. I lost my gear on the main character in the first like 20 seconds of the game, and now there is just no coming back.  It has to be a bit easier to get back into the game or people are just going to quit after losing their stuff.  As a new player, its like 90% likely I will die in the first game, and I lose ALL my stuff and its so hard to get stuff back?  Come on I have had to play 14 rounds and can not make 1 extraction with basic trash to sell to try and get back into the game.
  4. Its unfair putting new players against higher level players, the skills make such a massive difference there is no balance when you put a level 1 vs a level 40 - let alone the armor and gear difference also on top of that.
  5. Melee is horrible.  It is SO HARD to get close enough to knife someone (seeing as its the only option I have now that I lost all my gear) that this needs to be changed.  If I am close enough to knife someone, it should be a 1 shot takedown, Im an elite soldier ffs, what is with the wild swinging and swooshing of a knife and 17 damage per swing.  It should be like Battlefield in that if I am on you to knife you, you're dead.  Otherwise just remove melee entirely its next to pointless in its current form.
  6. Find a way to stop exfil camping.  It is hard enough for a new player to survive loot and get to an exfil (if u can find one, its so hard to know where you are - see point 1) when I finally get to an exfil after hours of trying to get gear...I just get hard camped by teams of 2 or 3 campers just farming people at the exfil.  This is just dumb gameplay, make the exfil points more protected.
  7. All of the exfil points should require nothing to exit.  This also makes it next to impossible for new players to get out of the game.
  8. Reduce the timer to get back into the game, currently having to wait 20 minutes for my scav player so I can even hope to try to get more gear for my main character to be able to get back into game.  so far 17 runs, 0 successful.  I mean I made it to exfil multiple times and then just got camped. 
  9. Make some of the missions just PVE (ie no pvp component) so that I CAN get back into the game.  Give me a fricken pistol and a light armor or something so I can get em done, but with hard level difficulty...but try getting missions done with a knife so I can just buy some new gear, come on there is hard core and then there is just impossible.

I like the game, I just find it hard to justify playing when there is so much downtime waiting for a character to be usable again, and that the hacking issues seem to be pretty rife.  Also, maybe I just need people to run me through the game at some point.  I dont know....please tell me it gets easier.

If only we had some special device that allowed us to look things up on the internet without having to Alt+Tab out of the game... I'm thinking something the size of a wallet that also allows us to communicate over long distances... Kind of like a telephone and a computer rolled into one...

Also, you have it easy this wipe cycle. The Scav timer used to be once every hour and you spawned with crap gear and random health condition. Damn near every item is worth picking up now.

If you're broke and have no gear then do hatchet raids. Ignore that cheap scare tactic of 1% HP. Even at full HP you'll probably die in one shot without armor so duck it. What do you have to lose besides a little time? Learn the maps between offline, hatchet runs, and Scav raids.

Edited by Got_Epsteined

partajere

First of all, I have played EFT now for 4 weeks. I am not that good player, I mean I'm really bad aim. But What I lose in aim I get back in other ways. This is a lot more than just run'n'gun. As a result of bad aim I'm only level 19 right now, closing on to 20, but I'm still very much enjoying the game.

Major thing to me in EFT is that it is hard and unforgiving. You got to learn maps over and under, unless you know places well you have no idea where you can sneak in unnoticed to vantage point or from where you/others are able to see and kill. Map knowledge and sounds are a huge thing, every terrain makes different noises when you walk/run/turn quickly on them etc that makes you pinpoint enemies if you know where that said terrain is, like stepping on glass/metal/wood/concrete. Same goes for opponents, you die really fast if you make even low noise on area that has distinct surfaces. If someone comes around a corner and just guns you down it's 99% on you, killer propably heard you move/turn too fast so you make a sound/check ammo/check inventory/whatever.

I'll reply to points you make there and give my opinion on them too.

1. Do you really think soldiers take their map from their container in such short distance areas? I mean I would never enter area without studying it beforehand to know my way. Map you can buy from Therapist or ones in Wiki etc are good, study them and learn your ways. Once you learn landmarks and the map, you know where you are and how to get where you're going.

2. There's a lot of really good players. They do know how to aim. They know the maps. They listen to every sound cue there is. In 4 weeks there's been only 2 situations I believe other player was cheating, I don't believe I've died of aimbot or such it was more of knowing way too well the location way too far shooting through stuff without line of sight.

3. Losing gear is not the end of the world, I've done PMC runs with nothing more than a knife or a really cheap pistol. If you don't have a pistol choose a map you can enter some looting spot without encountering SCAVs, like Shoreline, at the start of game closest areas you spawn usually don't have scavs yet. You can also start as a scav and just run to closest exit and keep the weapon you start with or go to nearest scav and check if it's alone and kill it, now you got 2 weapons and usually a backpack/vest of some sort, scavs aren't hostile when you play as one until you fire on them.

4. There I agree to an extent. I do believe player levels 1-5 shouldn't be matched with really high level players. To some level 15-20 would be better. After level 5 match to anyone. But Having level 1 players play against each other is also not that good idea. First of all when you play against people that have played longer you can see where they enter places, where they camp and paths they leave places. That's really valuable info for times when you got better weapons and gear. It's both for you how to do stuff and what to beware (if you know where people enter places, where they camp and how they leave places that's what they are more likely to do too)

5. Melee is horrible. It's horrible in real life too. Sneaking on someone is easy only in Splinter Cell or Assassin's Creed. In EFT it's like real one, you have to anticipate path you enemy is going to move and wait in a spot you can either rush him or go for it when he enters your melee range. Surprising enemy that has weapon at ready and is patrolling/moving with close range weaponry is hard, Reaction times make it so.

6. It's one way to play. I hate it too but it is what it is. There's limited amount of exits, learn vantage points near them and where people camp. Go through them not shortest way. I stumble upon a exfil camper around 1/20 games I play. Factory seems to be much more common tho, think I've encountered camper around 1/5 of raids there.

7. I don't think they should free them all. Having this kind of thing makes it actually bit easier for low level players. Think about number 6 on your list. Would you rather camp exfil that everyone can use, or exit that most likely is going to be used by heavily geared people with expensive kits? I mean camper either has a good weapon (can kill geared people) or a really crappy weapon (this can camp for low gear exfils, but if you know where campers do their thing it shouldn't be a problem because of low grade weapon.)

8. I think 20 mins is pretty good. You can do PMC and Scav runs back to back. If it was short, there would be a lot of players just going scav and fooling around or harassing others as it's easy.

9. You can do any raid mission in offline mode. Of course you don't extract with your loot, but it's a really good way to learn the maps. You can do it without AI opponents (great if you just want to learn shooting angles and pathways) or with AI (good to learn how to spot enemies in this game, also it shows how NPC scavs move and behave so you can anticipate them when you go for real and make a difference between npc and a real life player scav. PVP is in the heart of this game, getting loot from PVE missions where there is no real danger (scavs are no danger when you get more familiar with the game, everytime you die to them you know you went carelessly and paying no attention).

1 Bullet to head kills with (almost?) any gun to face/unprotected spot.

• Like 1

gokq58
Am 22.1.2020 um 16:32 schrieb GallusMaxim:

This is Tarkov. Welcome to the madness. We all went through a hard learn curve. But if you say that you enjoy the game @DROPBE4R , than you will stick on it, and adapt soon.

I recomend to level up Therapist asap via quests for cases. 

Get lvl 5 to use flea market.

Scav runs scav runs scav runs, no risk and maybe high reward, but more important, you can learn the maps without pressure.

thats not true scav runs getting same as pmc, no risk no pressure is not true.

GallusMaxim
Gerade eben schrieb gokq58:

thats not true scav runs getting same as pmc, no risk no pressure is not true.

No idea what you wanna tell, but my point is, scav raids do not cost you a simple rouble.

And when you are able to get a nice run, you get 300k+ roubles. On top you learn the basics of gun fights, not only vs scavs (like in offline mode), vs PMC too.

Elder_Drake

My .02 on the topic for new players and becoming easily frustrated, here are some quick points with maybe reasonings depending on the point:

1. You will die often, learn to mitigate that by doing the following but do not let gear fear rule you. Learn to work around it based on your own skill level and what you average on runs.

2. Realize you actually have 2 types of runs you can do, loot and pvp or as some call it Rat or Chad style. A rat hides and moves fast looking for loot and not a fight, a Chad is all about the fight and loot is on a backburner. You can play both ways but always use Rat Loot Runs to keep your inner Chad stocked and your base upgraded.

3. Scav runs should be looked at as a loot machine. A scav does not have keys so where do you take him? Interchange. Take him on a shopping spree and get base supplies, loot poor saps killed by Killa or other players near the center of the map and Kiba Gun Store. You die no big deal. Hear some shots, rat it up and go the other way and load up on stuff.

4. Loot runs on a PMC, anyone that says anything other than Reserve is either clueless or trying to keep you from the damn gold mine that map is. Without keys you can do a 5-10 minute run and get out with 40-500k, let's average to 200k being the high end. You will die but as you learn the map you will just be dumbfounded by the amount of loot and routes you can take. Get some keys and that same 5-10 minute run can turn into 1-2 million when combined with say a pick and paracord.

5. Chad, well unless you have awesome twitch reflexes Chad is going to die...a lot, and make other players days when they see your pimped out M4 Tank style build. Chad is a bit of a douche though and what do douches do? They kick it in packs and beat the hell out of others. So pop on with friends or worse case pop on the official Discord (be ready to mute little mini'me Chads) and go to town with the weight of the douche patrol Chad pack backing you up.

All the other things come with playing, learning about sound, tactical movement, ammo type, blah blah. Don't sweat the little things, just be a rat when you need to and a Chad when you want to curb stomp some 14 yo kid with the name 'Bignadesandboobies'.

Finally there is a LOT of great information out there for maps, keys, builds, ammo charts, armor charts, weapon builders for planning a weapon build, and incredibly talented content creators like Pestily, Veritas, and Deadly Slob.

Still am open to helping anyone out that needs a hand but as intimidating as Tarkov is, make the game work for you. That way when you die you will be pissed but know you can easily bounce back.

/tl;dr post

Edited by Elder_Drake
  • Like 1

Jsunlg
Posted (edited)

On 1/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, DROPBE4R said:

1. There is no map, ok sure there are maps all over the internet, but when I am in a game I have virtually no point of reference other than land marks.  What kind of soldier does not carry a compass for gods sake??  Give me at least a compass so I know if Im heading east/west/north/south so I can have an idea on bearing. 
  2. There seems to be some hacking going on.  I have a few times people just walking straight to a hiding spot and one shotting me.  Some of the kills seem very questionable.  I want a report player function - some of them seem pretty god damn suspicious.
  3. I lost my gear on the main character in the first like 20 seconds of the game, and now there is just no coming back.  It has to be a bit easier to get back into the game or people are just going to quit after losing their stuff.  As a new player, its like 90% likely I will die in the first game, and I lose ALL my stuff and its so hard to get stuff back?  Come on I have had to play 14 rounds and can not make 1 extraction with basic trash to sell to try and get back into the game.
  4. Its unfair putting new players against higher level players, the skills make such a massive difference there is no balance when you put a level 1 vs a level 40 - let alone the armor and gear difference also on top of that.
  5. Melee is horrible.  It is SO HARD to get close enough to knife someone (seeing as its the only option I have now that I lost all my gear) that this needs to be changed.  If I am close enough to knife someone, it should be a 1 shot takedown, Im an elite soldier ffs, what is with the wild swinging and swooshing of a knife and 17 damage per swing.  It should be like Battlefield in that if I am on you to knife you, you're dead.  Otherwise just remove melee entirely its next to pointless in its current form.
  6. Find a way to stop exfil camping.  It is hard enough for a new player to survive loot and get to an exfil (if u can find one, its so hard to know where you are - see point 1) when I finally get to an exfil after hours of trying to get gear...I just get hard camped by teams of 2 or 3 campers just farming people at the exfil.  This is just dumb gameplay, make the exfil points more protected.
  7. All of the exfil points should require nothing to exit.  This also makes it next to impossible for new players to get out of the game.
  8. Reduce the timer to get back into the game, currently having to wait 20 minutes for my scav player so I can even hope to try to get more gear for my main character to be able to get back into game.  so far 17 runs, 0 successful.  I mean I made it to exfil multiple times and then just got camped. 
  9. Make some of the missions just PVE (ie no pvp component) so that I CAN get back into the game.  Give me a fricken pistol and a light armor or something so I can get em done, but with hard level difficulty...but try getting missions done with a knife so I can just buy some new gear, come on there is hard core and then there is just impossible.

I like the game, I just find it hard to justify playing when there is so much downtime waiting for a character to be usable again, and that the hacking issues seem to be pretty rife.  Also, maybe I just need people to run me through the game at some point.  I dont know....please tell me it gets easier.

Hello,

I'd like to say i do sympathize with you a little. Escape from Tarkov is a difficult game, however this is the sole reason i purchased it.
I want more realism in my games , and i want them to be challenging  and what i don't want is an easy ride. 

1. My first tip for you my friend is to learn one map at a time. Get to know that map inside out and all of its Extraction.  I have had this game for just over 2 months now and i have become very comfortable playing Factory and Customs without a map. Practice in offline mode with or without bots.

2. It is quiet possible some hacking goes on but that said some players in this game really are that good.

3. Mate, i have lost so much gear it makes me want to cry. I have been down to my last few rubles with only my knife but i have bounced back, i am actually doing a lot better now with much loot.  If you are short of kit and weapons just do a scav run in Factory, meaning run for the nearest available exit and extract with the loot. Either sell it or use it.

4. Again this game is not meant to be easy. it is frustrating and disheartening  most of the time but also very rewarding when you succeed in a raid. Remember even the best of players get picked off, i have took a few down myself and have been rewarded with some cool loot.

5. I agree, i have yet to kill anyone with my knife, i am sure it is made of rubber.

6. Part of the game mate, just be more aware this in future and be more careful upon your approach.

7. This is not been an issue for me whatsoever.

8. As far as i am aware the Scav cool down timer can be reduced by 15% by upgrading the intelligence section of the hideout.

9. Its called offline mode.

This game will annoy the hell out of you, it does me but i keep going back to it and it is just what the FPS gaming genre needed.  It does get easier the more you play but you will still die, a lot.

Edited by Jsunlg

Ventron

Like some other people already told, the learning curve is pretty steep, and when you come this late into a wipe, while alot of players are in the level 40's plus, it feels pretty unfair. I started myself two months ago, put in 200 hours now, and im almost level 30, and I can tell you that I was close to just giving up, but there was one raid where I managed to pick up an AK of some sort, cant really remember which, and I kicked a dudes butt with it, managed to pick up hes Attack BP, an M4A1 kitted out and a decent MPX. Having a lot bad raids is frustrating, but then the one awesome raid comes along, its all good again.

I wanted to bring in a few friends to play with, they all hesitated for a long time, and two weeks ago one of them had bought the game, and I kinda regret bringing him in, but Ive spent my time teaching him. He has usually just ran in with a Kedr for a cheap loadout, Ive brought some cash in with my for him, and now he is literally on hes on feet, he can make hes own runs, he knows a few maps, what to do, where to find the good stuff etc. Last night we had some decent run, making a few millions each, and to top it off, two raids we came out with a few other players stuff, a few AS Vals, M4s, good rigs and backpacks with stuff. Its only a matter of time untill you get the hang of it, or wait for next wipe when everyone start out fresh.

ToeKissForYou

Too many rag head hackers in this game ruined any chance of its success. I will be sure to spread the word of all the cheaters in this game that aimbot and use walling cheats

RainmakerM4

Novody ever said eft is walk in a park. Use your brain. Adapt and overcome

/thread

DiggyMan
On 1/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, DROPBE4R said:

Your right... streamer here... this game still needs a lot of work if anyone is going to have fun with it. Balance for start... no balance at all