iClayes

Bug report / rant - FIX THIS INVENTORY STUCK BUG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

iClayes

It happens almost every raid now, I went into a shoreline raid, taking my time, by the time I was going to leave I was looting the last player I killed, REAP IR thermal scope, he and his buddy decked out m4's. AND THE MOMENT I CLICK TO DRAG A SINGLE ITEM, I am unable to do anything. I just had the best raid of my life, about to leave with the biggest f*cking haul of my entire playtime, a golden rooster, a vase, 2 decked out m4's, gen4 armor, 350~ dollars, and another flick ir thermal on the other m4. I was counting my f*cking blessings and then I had to force alt+f4, doesn't work, open task manager, close the game, restart the game, wait for the profile to load, join the server, load the loot, and then my precious 7 MINUTES of extract, are suddenly 3. And I have to sprint all the way from the resort 2nd floor west wing, to the tunnel extract and LOVE AND BEHOLD, I STAND NO MORE THAN 100 METRES AWAY. BEFORE THE SERVER. SHUTS. DOWN.

I'm actually quite upset because my first forum post was about the exact same thing. 

And I'm not trying to scream entitlement or pretend like I know the work that goes through producing a game like this. But for something this game breaking I please ask for attention, because it happens once every 3 raids now. And I'm really sad that this just happened. 

TL;DR

As far as I can tell the bug lies in the inspecting of items and opening the drop down menu. I feel like there is bad code or something scrambled between it that unity eventually can't handle anymore. Like you're trying to tell unity to do too much 3d object building and it doesn't shut down correctly leading to corruption of the process and then needing a fresh boot to reset its parameters. That's what it feels like from a player's perspective.

The bug as far as I know is reproducible by navigating items, traders, the flea market and your inventory in a fast pace until eventually an inspecting window for an item, weapon or object won't close properly. Leaving the windowed tab open, with an empty display zone. Everything will still function, but the window stays open. From that point onwards it becomes faster in it's reproduction of the bug leaving multiple tabs open and eventually you can't ESC out of any menu (char, traders, flea market, etc). In-game this happens in the same fashion, mostly after a session of about 2-4 raids, longer raids with more inventories opened will call upon the bug sooner. I feel like the problem lies in unity not shutting down windows/functions properly. But that's all I have.

Sorry for my tone.

Wickezoid

honestly your tone is exactly the way it should be for this issue that seems to happy to me every single ducking time i kill a bunch of guys and start to loot all the good poo, 

P0tat0es

I'd say this has been happening to me on 50% of my raids.  Such a bad feeling when your sitting in the marked room in dorms, freeze, and  have to force close then restart and hope no one has shown up to kill you.  Lost over 600k last night.  I cant play on my own other than pistol runs now because of the fear of loosing all my gear to an inventory bug.

asdfgh,.JPG

khromosone

Have had similar issues.