Anal-Burritos

launch game but infinite load.

Anal-Burritos

Not sure where to put this but anyway, whenever i launch the game from the launcher, it loads up the game and the icon pops up in the task bar. My cursor turns into the blue spinning icon indicating that an app is loading (EFT) and it just loads indefinitely. I can't click or close the program to try to execute it again, so i am stuck loading on my desktop. The only solution i found to this was to ctl-alt-del and click restart and spam esc. immediately after clicking, cancelling the restart. This closes the program and allows me to interact with my desktop again. Not only that, but when I launch the game from the launcher, it actually loads up the game no problem.

I have tried starting the launcher as admin and disabling my firewall; neither worked. The only thing that works is my aforementioned solution, which gets annoying and doesn't always work 100% of the time. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue and/or has any solution to this?

Maskari88

Hey,

Very similar problem for me, Instead right now I spent 1 hour trying to start the game without any success tonight. And for me only PC restart works.

Game usually start 2 out of 10 times,which is ridicolous. This is not even beta like that. it's a serious problem and yet its not fixed for weeks now(at least since I'm playing). and I'm getting really annoyed.

I also would like to know a solution for this as I payed for a game to play/test not to restart my pc all the time(Even if it's beta, this kinda of issues should be the first to eliminate......)

Armorhand

Yep, yesterday started getting  blacked out loading screen and locked up. Over and over. Have to restart, nothing else functional.  Was working fine up until yesterday.

KyleG15

Having the same issue. Have heard it is a bug with the launcher itself, but not 100% sure. Uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher seems to solve the issue but only for a little while.

Johnny-EH

I am having the same issue will try re-installing the launcher because so far nothing else has worked .

Housefish

While it's ridiculous that we have to go to such lengths to just start a program this day an age, the method I found that results in success 100% of the time is:

- Ctrl + Alt + Del once you get blue infinite wheel

- Since you won't be able to click with your mouse (please explain to me that this is game is in beta and these things will be worked out lol), use the Tab key and directional arrows to select the Tarkov.exe. Once selected, hit Delete.

- Now reattempt launching the game from the launcher. It should start, and has for me 100% of the time.

I think I saw a more permanent solution on the forums, but I've not attempted anything else.

trexwolf

What I found worked for me more often was ctrl+alt+Delete then sign out and back into your windows user. Then you don't need to reboot constantly and it's much faster.

Also go to the drive that you have your game downloaded on in your file manager and at the top left you will see File, Home, Share ,View.

Click view and to the right you will find ''show hidden items.'' Check this box.

Find "users" folder and open it and select the user that you currently are.

Find "app data" the folder icon will be faded compared to the others because it was a ''hidden item.'' Open it.

Open "local" folder.

Open "battlestate games" folder.

Open "BsgLauncher" folder.

Inside this folder you will want to delete "CefCache" and "Logs" folders. 

Save a shortcut to that location on your desktop so you can delete those folders whenever you have an issue logging in. This solved the issue and now I rarely need to log out then back in. The key is deleting those files.