monikulapl2

A suggestion for the defibrillator

monikulapl2

For now, the defibrillator is only used for trades/quests. To add a further use for this item i though of an idea that would need tweaking. So, my idea is that when your teammate dies you have 2 minutes to use the defibrillator on them. The base chance would be 50% of it resurrecting the person. Each 15 seconds the success chance would decrease, for example , by 10%. After 2 minutes it would be 0%. If your teammate stays in the death screen then the rule works, however, if the player leaves to the main menu then the chance of resurrection drops to 0%. Each use of the defibrillator will destroy the item, regardless if its successful or not. When a player is resurrected their arms and legs will be blacked out, how ever, they will be able to run for 15 seconds. Also, the max hp will be halved. The use time of the defibrillator should be long and the noise when using it should be loud. This feature will let players get a second chance.

Edited by monikulapl2

Sir_Mossy
43 minutes ago, monikulapl2 said:

For now, the defibrillator is only used for trades/quests. To add a further use for this item i though of an idea that would need tweaking. So, my idea is that when your teammate dies you have 2 minutes to use the defibrillator on them. The base chance would be 50% of it resurrecting the person. Each 15 seconds the success chance would decrease, for example , by 10%. After 2 minutes it would be 0%. If your teammate stays in the death screen then the rule works, however, if the player leaves to the main menu then the chance of resurrection drops to 0%. Each use of the defibrillator will destroy the item, regardless if its successful or not. When a player is resurrected their arms and legs will be blacked out, how ever, they will be able to run for 15 seconds. Also, the max hp will be halved. The use time of the defibrillator should be long and the noise when using it should be loud. This feature will let players get a second chance.

It would have to be way more restrictive than that. What sense would it make if my teammate's brains got splattered on the wall by a shotgun and I was able to revive him? They would have to limit it to specific types of deaths, such as bleeding out or basically damage that doesn't destroy a major organ.

That's of course if people are even open to the idea as it is, which I personally wouldn't entirely. there are too many scenarios where a second chance would be all but guaranteed (you get shot while peeking a window and your friend guards the door while someone defibs the teammate up).

Grimm285

also in a game like tarkov if you added this, you would need a way to permanently "double tap people" meaning if they met the defib requirements you could still put a bullet in their head or a few in the chest to fully kill as i'm sure most people would start doing making the defib kinda silly.  I don't think that type of object has a place in this game currently but maybe with some heavy tweaking it could be a very high tier item

Sir_Mossy
15 minutes ago, Grimm285 said:

also in a game like tarkov if you added this, you would need a way to permanently "double tap people" meaning if they met the defib requirements you could still put a bullet in their head or a few in the chest to fully kill as i'm sure most people would start doing making the defib kinda silly.  I don't think that type of object has a place in this game currently but maybe with some heavy tweaking it could be a very high tier item

I wouldn't mind it if it had some heavy restrictions based on the way you die. If you could get domed by a mosin and be revived, that would definitely be cause for some extreme immersion breaking. However, if you could use it on someone who "passed out from shock" (basically dying from getting shot in arms/legs) or died due to blood loss, I could see that being a thing in the game to an extent. I would also think it'd take more than just a defib and some medical supplies to stitch them up first.

As you said as well, it would be an extreme task to implement it in a balanced way, and therefore should be saved (if even done) for much later in the development process.

monikulapl2
15 hours ago, Sir_Mossy said:

I wouldn't mind it if it had some heavy restrictions based on the way you die. If you could get domed by a mosin and be revived, that would definitely be cause for some extreme immersion breaking. However, if you could use it on someone who "passed out from shock" (basically dying from getting shot in arms/legs) or died due to blood loss, I could see that being a thing in the game to an extent. I would also think it'd take more than just a defib and some medical supplies to stitch them up first.

As you said as well, it would be an extreme task to implement it in a balanced way, and therefore should be saved (if even done) for much later in the development process.

Getting headshot should mean permanent . Aswell as many other ways. This is just an idea though, i doubt that it will be added but if it will then there will need to be heavy tweaking.