BustinHeads

Security code from launcher

BustinHeads

Someone please help me. I purchased this game weeks ago and have still yet to receive a security code in order to play the game. I cant get into contact with anyone from battlestate games although they have taken my money already. I cant play the game. I cant get a refund. I cant talk to anyone from tech support. I just feel robbed. I dont know how else to feel about it. Im out 50$ and i cant do anything about it. Im so glad i didnt splurge and get any upgraded versions from this company. This has been a massive headache and all i want to do is play the game i ordered.. Someone please help me. I literally dont know what to do..

KBIZZ901

Have you been able to change your email to gmail?  I have heard it works for gmail, maybe 70% of the time. 

Try emailing support directly.  My ticket is in no-mans-land, so save yourself the trouble and go directly to [email protected]   Be descriptive - provide your current email, account name, screen shot of receipt, and then your issue.  

I'm in the same boat as you, and this is what I have heard works best.

• Like 1

Armyman7o7

I have the exact same problem and I emailed support about it nearly a week ago and I still have no response, I am considering requesting refund through my bank because the game is not allowing me to change my email through the website and they do not respond to support requests

MajinVegeta502

Also having the same issue.

• Sad 1

BustinHeads

Seriously two weeks have gone by. 50$ out of my bank account. Still no security code. No response from support tickets. Nothing. Im highly frustrated. I have friends that want me to play and i still cant play. I have friends that purchased this game not too long ago and didnt encounter this sort of problem. I seriously at a loss. Battle state needs to get a hold of people like us and make this right! There was no warning when purchasing the game that this sort of thing would happen.. Now im just out the money and cant do anything about it. I feel for both of you because this is absolutely absurd.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

NGSBobRoss

When I put a ticket to support (not for email, but for website, as email didn't work) I got a response about 3 hours later and didn't respond for a couple days as I was busy with work. To change the email, all I needed to do is get a screenshot of my purchase from bank, my current email, and what I want to change it to. Three days later, it was changed to gmail. When I changed it to gmail, I got the device code (or code to launcher) and finally was able to log in. I encourage to send a ticket through website, as that has worked for me.

swats73

Unfortunately forum staff can't help with this. It has to be done by support and with the influx of players recently it can take 10 days for a reply.

Swats73 

cdawgsrun
53 minutes ago, swats73 said:

Unfortunately forum staff can't help with this. It has to be done by support and with the influx of players recently it can take 10 days for a reply.

Swats73 

My man, I am on day 25 waiting for a resolution on this issue. Every time we try to escalate the issue via a thread on this forum a mod locks the conversation. Somebody at BSG needs to see this issue but we cannot properly get it the attention it deserves. I reported the issue not receiving verification code on Jan. 4th then subsequently requested an email change on Jan. 16. I have only received the boilerplate "check your spam" response. It ain't there. 25 days since I bought access to the beta and cannot play because of one verification code email smh.... 

KBIZZ901

@swats73 we just want to voice that there is an issue and we seem to fall through the cracks with support...

@cdawgsrun below are all of the recommendations for what to do, all spread out through the forums.  None of them worked for me, and I am waiting for Support still, but maybe they'll work for you/someone?

1 - whitelist all EFT and BattleStateGames emails ([email protected][email protected][email protected])
2 - send test email to [email protected]
3 - launch EFT launcher as admin
4 - reinstall EFT launcher as admin & launch as admin
5 - if these don't work. Uninstall.  Turn off Firewalls, Windows Defender Live Monitoring, and turn all the way down User Account Control (UAC), restart PC.  Repeat step 2.
--- give an hour or so for email, recheck all email folders before proceeding ---
*** Turn Back on Firewalls and Live Monitoring, reset UAC ***
6.a - Change Email to Gmail - note, this will take 2 weeks
6.b - Open a Support Request, which can take about 10 days for a response
6.c - email [email protected] about the no code, and request an email change (they will ask for proof of ownership and you provide them with the email signed up, the account name, screen shots of receipts, the new email [use gmail], and any in game names if you have been able to access it already).

7 - cry, because none of these worked and you're still hung out to dry.

-Some people have had the emails come through by turning down the UAC and firewalls. 
-One person got his code after he changed his password.
-Some people have done all of these, and still don't have access to their copy of the game... months later.

cdawgsrun
2 hours ago, KBIZZ901 said:

@swats73 we just want to voice that there is an issue and we seem to fall through the cracks with support...

@cdawgsrun below are all of the recommendations for what to do, all spread out through the forums.  None of them worked for me, and I am waiting for Support still, but maybe they'll work for you/someone?

1 - whitelist all EFT and BattleStateGames emails ([email protected][email protected][email protected])
2 - send test email to [email protected]
3 - launch EFT launcher as admin
4 - reinstall EFT launcher as admin & launch as admin
5 - if these don't work. Uninstall.  Turn off Firewalls, Windows Defender Live Monitoring, and turn all the way down User Account Control (UAC), restart PC.  Repeat step 2.
--- give an hour or so for email, recheck all email folders before proceeding ---
*** Turn Back on Firewalls and Live Monitoring, reset UAC ***
6.a - Change Email to Gmail - note, this will take 2 weeks
6.b - Open a Support Request, which can take about 10 days for a response
6.c - email [email protected] about the no code, and request an email change (they will ask for proof of ownership and you provide them with the email signed up, the account name, screen shots of receipts, the new email [use gmail], and any in game names if you have been able to access it already).

7 - cry, because none of these worked and you're still hung out to dry.

-Some people have had the emails come through by turning down the UAC and firewalls. 
-One person got his code after he changed his password.
-Some people have done all of these, and still don't have access to their copy of the game... months later.

I really appreciate you posting these steps for others to try out, maybe others will find a solution based on these recommendations. Unfortunately for you and I, and many others, none of these steps solved the issue. I have had a support ticket open since Jan. 4th and have explicitly requested a change in email. I actually receive other emails from BSG just not the Launcher verification code....image.png.d3ed0a9197466ca97169698d6cca60ec.png 

I'm pretty bummed out that something so simple has prevented me from playing what looks like a great game. I understand support is swamped given the influx of new players but 25 days for a verification code? I really don't know what else to do and I'm sure others are in the same boat as us. Guess nothing left to do but execute step # 7.

STRIBILING

Im trying to activate a EoD key on the website so i can play EFT but it has been more than 15 day without getting the auth code in my email (hotmail), tried every single day to access my profile, none of the solutions above worked for me, as my auth email code never arrives.

Fun Fact: made a new account with an alt email (hotmail) and guess what all emails went trough with no problem.

So EFT mailing system is to blame, its in fact blocking some user emails, and not the email provider (hotmail) as they want us to believe.

KBIZZ901
30 minutes ago, cdawgsrun said:

I really appreciate you posting these steps for others to try out, maybe others will find a solution based on these recommendations. Unfortunately for you and I, and many others, none of these steps solved the issue. I have had a support ticket open since Jan. 4th and have explicitly requested a change in email. I actually receive other emails from BSG just not the Launcher verification code....image.png.d3ed0a9197466ca97169698d6cca60ec.png 

I'm pretty bummed out that something so simple has prevented me from playing what looks like a great game. I understand support is swamped given the influx of new players but 25 days for a verification code? I really don't know what else to do and I'm sure others are in the same boat as us. Guess nothing left to do but execute step # 7.

We are definitely in the same boat... I am hoping the gmail email change works.

KBIZZ901
1 hour ago, STRIBILING said:

Im trying to activate a EoD key on the website so i can play EFT but it has been more than 15 day without getting the auth code in my email (hotmail), tried every single day to access my profile, none of the solutions above worked for me, as my auth email code never arrives.

Fun Fact: made a new account with an alt email (hotmail) and guess what all emails went trough with no problem.

So EFT mailing system is to blame, its in fact blocking some user emails, and not the email provider (hotmail) as they want us to believe.

The launcher supposedly comes from a different email system.  Have you whitelisted everything in hotmail?
This error definitely lies within the launcher.

STRIBILING

Im

3 minutes ago, KBIZZ901 said:

The launcher supposedly comes from a different email system.  Have you whitelisted everything in hotmail?
This error definitely lies within the launcher.

Im trying to just login on the website, and im not receiving the auth code email aka verification code, i have all tarkov domains whitelisted, even if i hadn't, it will not block them, they would just appear on the junk mail.

I never had this problem as i was receiving the verification codes normally, but since two weeks ago they stopped showing on my email.

KBIZZ901

@stribiling  yeah, you'll need to email support for that one...  There was a day or two where my emails were super delayed, but they showed up...

swats73

for all those with more than 10 days waiting for a response, please PM me ticket number and date of submission I will try to find a resolve to this.

swats73

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1